SMALLVILLE: Season 8

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This season has revived the series for me. DoomsDay! awsome, finally a very scary villan. Im loven this season! If they keep it up I won't want the series to end this year and thats what I heard what was happening.

Last edited:
Heroes is starting to blow...I want more Smallivlle!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/kV_RE_ktg_c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/kV_RE_ktg_c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/cS3BE5cAmUQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/cS3BE5cAmUQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WOW! January 15th can't get here fast enough!

"I'm the red/blue blur"! :horror

Yeah, Superman is a MUCH better name than that. :rolleyes:

I'm really looking forward to Smallville coming back. :D

Anyone else hear that Tom Welling has signed on for a 9th Season?

I read that on another board but haven't found anything confirming it anywhere.

Just found this tidbit on Entertainment Weekly from 1/6/09:

Question: Any news as to whether Tom Welling has signed on for another season of Smallville? -- Scarlett
Ausiello: Yes, there's news, and it's good. Some would even call it, ahem, super. According to a well-placed Smallville insider, Welling is nearing a deal to return for a ninth season. I'm told they're just ironing out some minor deal points, such as should the Brinks Truck pull into the actor's driveway, or just unload on the street.

Which would be fantastic news after the way this season has been progressing nicely.

Which would be fantastic news after the way this season has been progressing nicely.

I couldn't agree more. This season of Smallville has brought a lot of life back into the show. After last season, I thought Season 8 would be an appropriate end for Smallville, but now I can't get enough of it! I'm all for a Season 9! :rock

"Some would even call it, ahem "Super"? Hmmm....Has Welling finally caved in to wearing the suit? :confused: I hope so. I also hope the suit is faithful to the original look, or at least the updated look shown in Superman Returns. Still red and blue, but with some updated features. NO BLACK SUPERMAN OUTFIT! :mad: I can't STAND that goofy look for him after his death in Superman #75 in the comics. Long hair and a black suit IS NOT Superman to me.

"Some would even call it, ahem "Super"? Hmmm....Has Welling finally caved in to wearing the suit? :confused: I hope so. I also hope the suit is faithful to the original look, or at least the updated look shown in Superman Returns. Still red and blue, but with some updated features. NO BLACK SUPERMAN OUTFIT! :mad: I can't STAND that goofy look for him after his death in Superman #75 in the comics. Long hair and a black suit IS NOT Superman to me.

You are reading way too much into that statement. The guy is just saying the news is "super" as a play on the Superman name, nothing more.

If he were to wear a suit, for the Smallville Mythos, I really haven't seen the S logo in a lot of places (unless I forgot where). Plus, don't think they had Kryptonian clothes with him in his ship. Don't know where he would get his suit; they can't go with his AURA protecting his suit because his clothes have been burnt off before........

Yea, the "S" has been everywhere. Kara's bracelet, a couple of devices and it's very much like the symbol that was burned into his chest as red Kal. I think we've even been told what that symbol means (hope? truth?) something like that.

And the Metropolis police badge has the shield shape as well.

I would have said that this season should be the Super swan song - but if they can keep the creative team intact - I'm all for Season 9. However I think the reason this season has been so great is that they're actually moving forward with the mythos in a big way - the costume, the secret identity, the relationship with Lois. As if they're planning on this being the last season. If they have to slow down, the show could suffer.

Its a double edged sword right now because the reason the show has been good so far is because they took the whole "Let's go out with a bang" mentality and went for it. That led to renewed interest and fandom and so the network wants to hold onto that but if they do continue forward the natural progression is for him to assume the mantle, if that doesn't happen it'll sabotage the show....its a no win right now unless the writers can think of a creative reason to continue the show....Superman: Birthright gave a notable excuse of Clark going abroad to really get in touch with himself and powers in a place that no one would really know him but I don't think that'll translate well in this medium.

I agree that the greatest part of this season is the momentum of a "going out with a bang" attitude. One thing I can say about a 9th season is that the seal into the DCU has been broken so much so that the momentum may not have to end.

In previous seasons (while they did bring in a few other supers) they very much tried to portray the isolated Clark Kent sans the Superman identity. After a while it was difficult to bring new depths to the show while keeping it in a small world or small ville if you will :cool:. Now that they have opened the flood gates to the greater DCU, it might be possible to find new momentum in season 9!

Back