SMALLVILLE: Season 8

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have a point about opening it up to the rest of the DCU. Season 9 could have Bruce as a regular along with Ollie, and Clark and Ollie set an example for Bruce through the course of the season and give him direction.

I guess it depends on where the arc takes them for the rest of this season. If they had planned on ending it with the suit and assumption of the mantle - and they have to now backtrack because of a 9th seasion - I think it can only hurt the show.

So the show is still fun and exciting?!!

I gave up 1/2 through season five. I wouldn't mind getting back into it but it seems crazy that there are 8 seasons now...

I cant imagine the show without Lana and Lex... just dosnt seem right.

So the show is still fun and exciting?!!

I cant imagine the show without Lana and Lex... just dosnt seem right.

The show is fun and exciting AGAIN this season. It took a break from being good....last season especially.

Lex and Lana being gone is really the catalyst for being awesome. They made the show pretty stale.

Tonights episode.....SWEEEET. Loved the legion, loved persuader! Geoff Johns is the man! Only thing I wasn't 100% thrilled about was the look of the character in the last scene. I understand why and what....just skeptical about the appearance.

Best episode of the season and thats saying a lot, this really has been a turnaround from the last few seasons. I don't have any problem with Smallville not being true to the comics but the last few seasons have dragged a bit here and there but this season has been a revelation compared to the previous ones.

Geoff Johns did a really good job of adding the legion in there without making it hokey, they had some really good inside jokes and I think all three played the legion characters really well. Lana hasn't even annoyed me yet so something must be good.

Wish DC would make those legion flight rings again :chew

Evan

Yep, I loved the Legion, very well done episode. The second half of the season is off to a great start.

So,
Spoiler Spoiler:

Frack on a cracker!

I got a new Tivo and didn't realize I needed to activate it - been working a week and decides tonight that it won't work without activation. So I missed Smallville.:mad:

Anyone know how long you have to wait before Amazon has it for download?

Yep, I loved the Legion, very well done episode. The second half of the season is off to a great start.

So,
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Not sure Dave, usually a week or so, doesn't the CW have internet episodes for smallville?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Evan

Spoiler Spoiler:

Evan

I think it's that
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think it's that
Spoiler Spoiler:

Or because both Lana and Lois are the loves of his life, so their place in Clark's history would be known.

Truly was a great episode...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
That's a great theory man! I hope it's what happens. I'm one of the few that liked Chloe from the beginning. :eek:

She's a 1000 times better than Lana ever was.
Not to say she's not annoying at times, but after seeing her I never had the thought of gouging my eyes out that I did with Lana.

Frack on a cracker!

I got a new Tivo and didn't realize I needed to activate it - been working a week and decides tonight that it won't work without activation. So I missed Smallville.:mad:

Anyone know how long you have to wait before Amazon has it for download?

You can actually watch the episode at the CW website I believe.

I think it's that
Spoiler Spoiler:

Could be, but i think:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Could be, but i think:
Spoiler Spoiler:

True, but she could still be killed by Doomsday by the end of the season. Could still see that happening.

...But still can't act her way out of a wet paper bag.:lol

Actually I think she did a great job in this episode - I even thought while watching about how much she's grown as an actress.

And Allison was downright creepy as Brainiac.

Apparently the answer to my question is -1 day. Downloaded it today from Amazon.

Great episode! I was dreading them using the superhero names, but the only full use was kind of ironic (Lightning Lad). Although Garth did call Rokk "Cos" as one point. And loving the line "Cool it Garth, your acting like a sub". Talk about an esoteric reference for the fanboys.

Decent casting, cool costumes and the way they fit in all their powers at the end was pretty brilliant - it all fit naturally too.

Back