Smallville Season 10: The Final Season (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they have a big way to bring his character back. MR just tweeted he is heading up to Vancouver in a few days. Since we know the Clone is not him now mabey the real Lex has been in the shadows this whole time? Hmmm

Yeah, I'm really interested to hear where Lex has been. Is he still alive or will he be an unaccounted for clone? I'm not sure. There's still some mystery about his death, in my opinion. But I guess they did a good job at putting him to rest in Season 8, so that only leaves the clone theory? :dunno

I am sure Lex will be the real deal and behind the other clones based off of this blurb in one of the links.

“Conner’s journey is manipulated by a master,” showrunners Brian Peterson and Kelly Souders reveal exclusively to TVLine. “Luckily, someone knows more about Conner’s life than he does. But he should be wary of strangers bearing gifts.”

There just seems like a lot of plot lines to resolve in a short period of time now with Lex and Darkseid.

When Lex returns he wont be a clone, i don't know how they are gonna do it, but he will be Lex, not a Lex Clone

So my two cents...I have a feeling the Lex clones werent meant to be replacements...but rather replacement parts for a very F'ed up Lex Luthor.

It's also possible that the returning Lex will be using the power suit to keep him alive and give him power like in the comics.

Ugh. I still can't get over the Conner casting. It reeks of them looking for younger fans instead of casting towards what is more like the depictions we've seen in the books.

Boy they really shoehorned the Christopher Reeve Clark disguise in there. "Hey, I'll disguise myself by suddenly changing my personality 180%." Yeah, that certainly wouldn't draw any attention and make it look like he's trying to convince people he's not the Blur. I guess I'm wrong though because the guy he clumsily bumped into, who earlier in the episode was convinved he was the Blur, seemed to buy it. :dunno

Looks like next week's episode is a ripoff of The Hangover. :monkey4 I hope the finale is spectacular because we are really limping into it.

I missed tonight's episode, due to prior plans that I couldn't back out of. :(

I'll be MIA from this thread until I can catch it on Hulu in a few days. :rock But I will be back!

They had to do something about the dual identity and I'm kind of glad they didn't go the "brain wipe of the world" way - but this is pretty lame. I guess it will be less a secret identity, and more like everyone knows Sting's real name is Gordon, but only his friends call him that.

I'd accept it if that had Zatanna do a spell on all of the Clark Kent's photos so he had glasses on in them and everyone always thought that he's worn them, but if they do some BS memory whip I'll be out for blood! Or just really annoyed!

Yeah, the Zatanna idea is good. I just wonder if they'll do it or not. There's got to be more of an explanation of Clark's hidden identity with the glasses on now. I think I heard him and Lois agree that he would act more "normal" or even "nerdy" as Clark from now on.

I dont want *ANY* mind wipes in SV in the final season, its already bad enough im perfectly fine with the way they did it!!

And the scene when he put on the glasses was Legendary! Great stuff! Im interested to see how clark will act in future eps at the DP with the glasses on!

I dont want *ANY* mind wipes in SV in the final season, its already bad enough im perfectly fine with the way they did it!!

And the scene when he put on the glasses was Legendary! Great stuff! Im interested to see how clark will act in future eps at the DP with the glasses on!

Neither... I really hope he going to town with it and acts Super uncordinated... Tripping dropping stuff etc. Its a chance for Tom Welling to expand his acting repertoire. Which is a bit stiff honestly.

I don't think we're getting a mind wipe or anything else - he's got the glasses on now and will act all nerdy and we're supposed to accept that as the secret identity. As I said - kinda lame, but at least they've made the step.

It fits into the recent trend in the comics where there are 3 Clarks- Smallville - that's the real personality, Superman - the hero he puts on, and Metropolis Clark - the bumbling nerd with glasses.

I've never understood the acting overly clumsy and silly as a disguise. It seems that would only draw more attention to him as opposed to just acting mild-mannered as it were and blending in. Tripping over things doesn't make the glasses any more effective as a mask, there's no point in trying to rationalize that. Either take the massive suspension of disbelief required to buy into the fact that people don't recognize him in a suit and glasses or don't. :dunno

I've never understood the acting overly clumsy and silly as a disguise. It seems that would only draw more attention to him as opposed to just acting mild-mannered as it were and blending in. Tripping over things doesn't make the glasses any more effective as a mask, there's no point in trying to rationalize that. Either take the massive suspension of disbelief required to buy into the fact that people don't recognize him in a suit and glasses or don't. :dunno

The idea is that this clumsy idiot couldn't be the strong and graceful Superman. They tried to play that up with the end of the episode and in the Reeve movies and SR.

Also in Byrne's reboot the idea that Superman might spend part of his time pretending to be someone else was thrown out. If no one is looking for a secret identity, everyone just thinks that Clark looks a lot like Superman and doesn't even think about them being the same person. But in reality that would never work for someone who knows them both - and in Smallville they seem to be going this way. A lot of people will know that Clark and Supes are the same person, but the public at large won't make the connection.

It's the hiding in plain sight angle. Clark is such a clumsy fool that he couldn't possibly be Superman thing. In the late 80s/early 90s there were even arcs where Lois and Lex both discovered that Clark Kent was Superman and didn't buy it because they couldn't get over the Clark could be a cover or persona, that it had to be the real Clark Kent. I saw it more as a nod to that (for whatever reason) and figured they were just looking to tie up that loose end.

As expected, tonight's episode was a blatant (and terrible) ripoff of The Hangover. The writing staff must be running on empty. This season is rapidly becoming a massive disappointment. At least that last scene with Ollie and Chloe was nice even though I saw it coming from ten miles away.

Next week's episode looks to be a bit more substantive, thank goodness.

Back