Smallville Season 10: The Final Season (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smallville Flies Off With a Two-Hour Series Finale
TV Guide - 53 minutes ago

Smallville will air its super-charged two-hour series finale on Friday, May 13, the CW announced Monday.

The finale "will send Clark soaring towards his birthright to secure his place in history as the world's greatest protector," according to the press release.

"Paying homage to 10 seasons is no small task, and wrapping up each character and story arc has been extremely important to everyone involved in the show," executive producers Brian Peterson and Kelly Souders said. "We're excited to be able to make the final moments of Smallville a television event, as the character we've grown up with makes his legendary transformation."

The 10th and final season of Smallville has been averaging 2.69 million viewers.

It's bittersweet reading that article. I'm definitely eager to see how it all ends, but then again, it's the end. 10 years in the making all comes down to this. I'll definitely be sad to see it go, but it's certainly been an amazing ride. One of the best, IMO.

It's bittersweet reading that article. I'm definitely eager to see how it all ends, but then again, it's the end. 10 years in the making all comes down to this. I'll definitely be sad to see it go, but it's certainly been an amazing ride. One of the best, IMO.

I feel the same way :monkey2

but this final season needs better eps then the one that just passed, i usually can make excuses for smallvilles "not so great eps" but that was just :slap

the only good that came out of that ep was the return of Chloe :yess:

but thats it!

Chloe's return as Lil Miss Matrix was a bit of a let down - did seem like kind of a filler episode. But any Lois-lite episode is a bit of a let down for me.

And they really do need to deal with the flying and glasses before the final episode - the suit can wait - but not those other things.

Smallville is back to its old self! Its amazing how a Luthor can make an episode that much better. From beginning to end, this delivered.

I'm not by a computer right now, but Ill be sure to post more thoughts when I get back in town. Simply put, this episode rocked it.

Yeah, much better episode tonight and next week looks like it will be good as well.

On a side note, it looks like M.R. won't be back as Lex but I don't really care much anymore.

Lex Luthor’s latest scheme is perhaps his most villainous yet: Refusing to appear in the Smallville series finale.

EW has learned that actor Michael Rosenbaum has repeatedly rebuffed attempts by producers this season to get him back on The CW’s show to reprise his role as Luthor in the finale.

“He has put the show behind him and moved on,” says a knowledgeable source. “He’s pursuing his other creative outlet [writing]. By all indications, he is not going to be involved.”

The door still remains open for Rosenbaum to come on board, but it’s closing fast. Smallville wraps series production late next month, with only three episodes — including the two-hour finale — left to shoot.

Apart from seeing the Man of Steel finally put on the spandex suit and fly like he means it, a re-appearance by Rosenbaum is the top request by fans looking for creative closure in Smallville‘s final season. (Forget Waiting for Superman — for Smallville fans, it’s all about Waiting for Lex.)

Rosenbaum played Superman’s arch rival for seven seasons on the show and Smallville ends its epic 10-year run in May. Producers have publicly taken a “you’ll have to tune in to find out” stance when asked whether Rosenbaum will show up, all the while naturally hoping the actor will change his mind.

Smallville will air its final hours on Friday, May 13. The CW had no comment.

What do you think? Seems to me a quick haircut and a couple hours on the set is more than worth it to make Smallville fans everywhere happy…

Perhaps Rosenbaum feels like coming back to play Lex for an episode or two would interefere wth his plan to fall off the face of the Earth.

I'm posting from my phone, so its a pain in the butt, but this Rosenbaum business is ridiculous. I've read and seen more than one interview with him (conducted within the last year or so) where he said he'd love to come back, etc. etc. Now, I read this? I really don't understand it. Welling has publicly made it known that he and the rest of the cast want him back. And like I said, Rosenbaum (just recently in October) at a convention said anything is possible, he misses the good times, etc. etc.

Reading that really makes me sad, to say the least. The finale won't be the same without him. The show hasn't been the same without him.

I haven't watched the last season or two, but my wife has kept up with the show and I'm still really disappointed to hear that Rosenbaum isn't willing to do at least a little cameo in the series finale. If nothing else, he could just do it for the fans.

Michael Rosenbaum is coming back for the last episode!!!

The small-screen Superman mythos just breathed an enormous sigh of relief.

After nearly a year of will-he-or-won’t-he speculation, Michael Rosenbaum has inked a deal to reprise his role as Smallville‘s Lex Luthor in the two-hour season finale airing May 13, TVLine has learned.

“I’m delighted to return for the series finale,” Rosenbaum tells TVLine exclusively. “I’m simply doing it for all of the fans out there who made Smallville the great success it is. I appreciate all of their passion, their relentlessness, and even their threats. Ha ha.”

The actor continues, “I can’t wait to hug the old crew back in Vancouver one last time and see all of my old friends once again. Oh, and for Lex to become the bad-ass he’s destined to be.”

Executive producers Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson say of Rosenbaum’s encore, “It feels like the stars are aligning, literally. We couldn’t be more excited. And as far as the way he returns… there’ll be no doubt about how Lex becomes the great rival in Clark Kent’s life. He is the villain of the story.”

Source https://www.tvline.com/2011/02/smallville-michael-rosenbaum-back-for-series-finale/

These reports come out within a day of each other? I'm skeptical, but the only thing I could think of that WB wouldn't come up with the money the agent was demanding. But maybe MR decided he'd do it anyway.

So any fans from here make into the Blur videos?

Good to know that he is coming back. But it also saddens me know that the show is coming to an end.

Do you guys think they will have Pete back aswell.

Why do I have a bad feeling that I think I can see what is going to happen in the finale based off of last nights ending and M.R. coming back? If they go this route I will be very disappointed.

Ryan, the actor that played Pete has serious legal issues and will not be on which had been previously discussed in this thread.

Last edited:
Back