Smallville Season 10: The Final Season (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Smallville Season 10: The Final Season

I am a Smallville fan, But they should ended the season sooner. Tom is getting old and fat!!!

UMMM....NOT!!

How old was Tom when he played high school freshman in season 1? It has been what, ten years? He lost his muscle mass and start getting choppy in the later seasons.

How old was Tom when he played high school freshman in season 1? It has been what, ten years? He lost his muscle mass and start getting choppy in the later seasons.

please clarify your question. Are you asking how old the man was him self in real life, or how old he looked? Tom Welling passed very well as a 16 year old beef cake jock. Take note of his rosey full cheeks, wide open eyed expression & how one of his eye teeth is a tad bit crooked much like kids that age often have in season 1.

As the years went on Tom was allowed to sport the occasional 5 o'clock shadow. The lighting & cinnimatic direction also changed over the years to enhance Tom's appearance to reflect his transformation from boy to man.......& then ultimatly, SUPERMAN!

Clark Kent sports blazers & two piece suits these days, so getting nice view of his trim waist line is not always possible (skinny dipping in Crater Lake is not really a possiblity in Metropolis LOL).

Access Interview With Tom Welling
https://www.accesshollywood.com/access-week-in-geek-may-21-2010_article_32675

When asked if in the final season of the show he would indeed get the opportunity to don the tights, Tom strongly held his ground and remained vague, but he was not completely unforthcoming if you read between the lines.

“We gotta look at it from the whole season perspective. But again, we want to make sure that the people who have watched from the beginning, all nine years (which will be ten), that they get what they want,” Welling hinted.

That said, it seems to me that the hero’s journey will come full circle and Tom will be in the fitting room for his cape before you know it.

But his best-known enemy remains Lex Luthor, who was portrayed by Michael Rosenbaum in the first seven seasons until the actor departed the show and the character was surprisingly written off and presumed dead.

“I would love to have Lex back. Absolutely,” Tom said of the possible return of the arch nemesis next year. “I love Michael. He’s a great guy, fun to work with. Anybody who knows Michael should tell him he should come back. We want him back. We can’t end it without Lex Luthor

From this interview i think that Tom Knows he has to pay off the fans in the end, and season 10 is the end so it will be worthy of a SUPERMAN!, and he is calling rosenbaum out to return! if lex came back for the last few eps it be legendary. I hope this all comes to pass. But the even bigger question i have is...Will DC Direct do any more Smallville figures, or even statues??

There was a recent interview with Michael Rosenbaum on MTV's website. He said he was (sadly...:() not returning to Smallville in season 10!

https://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/03/23/michael-rosenbaum-smallville-lex-luthor/

I am hoping "money talks" to him, and he comes back for a few episodes..or at least the series finale'! :impatient: Hearing Tom Welling basically begging now for his return is good. Hopefully Michael is listening. I think his career has cooled off a lot since he left Smallville. I really haven't seen him in ANY TV shows or movies! Has anyone else?

So here is to hoping and praying that Lex Luthor returns to Smallville in this final season! :pray:

I wonder if we tried to start a petition and send the list of names to his official website, https://www.michaelrosenbaum.com/ that he WOULD listen to us all and come back to Smallville? Anyone up for starting one up? Who knows? It may just work! :family

^^^^^ Thats a great idea Jedi Mike!! Ill do that petition. I remember reading that interivew but i think with Welling calling Rosenbaum out that its deff a good sign. THey seem like friends and it would look real bad for him to say no. I also read in a interview with him that he told the prodcuers he would return for a finale IF they let him wear a bald cap. Gene Hackman apparently wore a bald cap for Superman II and i didnt notice, it could work!

Thanks KneelBeforrSmallville! Let's get that petition going here on this very thread! How about it? :clap I guess you could start the list with both of our board member names here. :)

Yes, Gene Hackman actually wore a bald cap for the three Superman movies he was in. Superman: The Movie, Superman II, and Superman IV: The Quest For Peace. So I don't see why Michael Rosenbaum couldn't wear one now. Make up effects and even CGI are so much better than they were in the 1970s and 1980s when Hackman wore his bald cap piece.

Okay....let's get that "Bring Back Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor in Smallville season 10" petition going! :) I'll be the first one to sign it!

1.) JediMike71 (Mike Buckley)

Thanks KneelBeforrSmallville! Let's get that petition going here on this very thread! How about it? :clap I guess you could start the list with both of our board member names here. :)

Yes, Gene Hackman actually wore a bald cap for the three Superman movies he was in. Superman: The Movie, Superman II, and Superman IV: The Quest For Peace. So I don't see why Michael Rosenbaum couldn't wear one now. Make up effects and even CGI are so much better than they were in the 1970s and 1980s when Hackman wore his bald cap piece.

Okay....let's get that "Bring Back Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor in Smallville season 10" petition going! :) I'll be the first one to sign it!

1.) JediMike71 (Mike Buckley)

While I wouldnt mind seeing Rosenbaum come back as Lex in some capacity...I have I'm absolutely fine if he doesnt. I personally think that if they delve into Apakolypse (which is seems they are), Lex Luthor is unnecessary and out classed as a villian.

Not that he couldnt be written into the plot in interesting ways, but they have already shown that they can have great seasons without him. IN fact the best Smallville seasons IMO WERE the ones without Rosenbaum. And not BECAUSE he left the show, but in spite of that fact. Personally, I think the budget would be better spent on effects and other things vs. Rosenbaums rediculously high price tag.

Tom was 25 in season 1.

I'd agree that the the best seasons have been without Lex, but I think this creative team WITH Rosenbaum would be far stronger and make for a more satisfying series end than without him.

I agree with Dave. Michael Rosenbaum is a great actor. At least in his role as Lex Luthor. As bad as Tom Welling wants him back, I am hoping they can "persuade" him to return. I thought when Lex was in the show it was great. The one that got to me over time was Lana Lang. Too much of her and Clark's on again off again relationship problems. It grinded the series down to a slow walk. I was glad to see her leave the show...for good. I know Clark is destined to be with Lois, and I really rather see more of Lois than Lana.

Yeah Lana kinda made my teeth grind after season 5. Im Glad she is gone. But Yeah i think it would be nice to see ROsenbaum come back for an ep or 2, Tom seems very convinced and i think hell get what he wants, and after seeing all of season 9, Im shure we will all get what we want in the end.

I know This is S10 talk but heres the artwork for Season Dvd Cover, its pretty badass!

I'd agree that the the best seasons have been without Lex, but I think this creative team WITH Rosenbaum would be far stronger and make for a more satisfying series end than without him.

Rosenbaum was easily the best thing about those mediocre to downright awful middle seasons. If he could shine during that dark period, I could only imagine how good he would be now that the show has stronger writing. Having a break from Lex was nice at first, but his absence has become glaring.

Tom was 25 in season 1.

Agreed! As long as they dont have to cut writers and special effects to pay his salary.

"Ok Tom...we had to cut the sound budget a bit to pay for Rosenbaum. So, in the script where it says "wooshing sound as Clark exits in super speed"...Id like you to actually say "Woosh". :slap

Honestly, I think it would be cool if Lex returned in the series finale. Welling finally puts on the tights...hears someone calling for help from Luthor Corp....shows up and Lex spins around in his chair without recognizing Superman as Clark (left open for interpretation) and says "Forgive me, I just had to meet the Man of Steele". End series...

Green Arrow could throw in something during the episode about Cloning experiments at LuthorCorps with unknown goals. The show ends as it began. Lex and Clark meeting, but for the first time they have both stepped into thier destinies and meet for the first time as thier true identities.

Last edited:

^^^ Wow Hulksmashed you hit the nail on the head with that last line! Thats a FANTASTIC Idea! I Really hope the series concludes with somthing along those lines and im shure it will! And honestly i think If Rosenbaum came back it wouldnt effect the special effects and action of the ep that much, shure hes gonna be pricey but id like to think WB an CW would throw them more $$$ to go out with a bang!!

Still cant get over this image! This is easily the best Dvd cover of any Smallville Boxset IMO, even though the first is classic!!
S9DVDCover.jpg

Agreed! As long as they dont have to cut writers and special effects to pay his salary.

"Ok Tom...we had to cut the sound budget a bit to pay for Rosenbaum. So, in the script where it says "wooshing sound as Clark exits in super speed"...Id like you to actually say "Woosh". :slap

Honestly, I think it would be cool if Lex returned in the series finale. Welling finally puts on the tights...hears someone calling for help from Luthor Corp....shows up and Lex spins around in his chair without recognizing Superman as Clark (left open for interpretation) and says "Forgive me, I just had to meet the Man of Steele". End series...

Green Arrow could throw in something during the episode about Cloning experiments at LuthorCorps with unknown goals. The show ends as it began. Lex and Clark meeting, but for the first time they have both stepped into thier destinies and meet for the first time as thier true identities.

I like the way you think man. That would be a wicked way to end it. The only downside being that it would officially be done and have me fiening for more.

I like what is being said about Rosenbaum coming back during at least the series finale'. But I would really want to see him a little sooner. Maybe 2 to 3 episodes before the finale'. I'm sure they could come to some agreement without making the quality of the show suffer for the sake of getting Michael Rosenbaum back as Lex Luthor. I do like the idea of ending the show as it began with Clark and Lex meeting. Yeah, the appearance of Tess Mercer made me cringe! :mad: She was NO Lex Luthor! Not even "in his league"! :rolleyes2 I thought the Checkmate storyline was good, but one that could have been done with Lex, and not Tess Mercer. I think she was a VERY weak replacement for Lex.

Now someone needs to "Photoshop" that picture of Clark on the season 9 DVD cover! Put the REAL Superman suit on him! Replace that "Punisher" looking "Blur" all black outfit. I always hated it. :monkey4

I like what is being said about Rosenbaum coming back during at least the series finale'. But I would really want to see him a little sooner. Maybe 2 to 3 episodes before the finale'. I'm sure they could come to some agreement without making the quality of the show suffer for the sake of getting Michael Rosenbaum back as Lex Luthor. I do like the idea of ending the show as it began with Clark and Lex meeting. Yeah, the appearance of Tess Mercer made me cringe! :mad: She was NO Lex Luthor! Not even "in his league"! :rolleyes2 I thought the Checkmate storyline was good, but one that could have been done with Lex, and not Tess Mercer. I think she was a VERY weak replacement for Lex.

Now someone needs to "Photoshop" that picture of Clark on the season 9 DVD cover! Put the REAL Superman suit on him! Replace that "Punisher" looking "Blur" all black outfit. I always hated it. :monkey4

This will sound sexist...but it's true. I think its nearly impossible for a woman to be as threatening and imposing as a man without making her completely insane. On screen that is anyway.

Of course some women are more imposing then some men, but the most imposing man will always be more imposing then a woman. I think it just has to do with stature and perception. That being said, I think Tes Mercer was the best that any woman could have done to fill Lex Luthors shoes.

I will agree that Tess's character was NOWHERE near as fantastically evil of Lex's, but I would much rather looks at Tess :lol

Back