Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

oh my god. Josh your talent is amazing. Whenever(if ever) someone does surpass your work, i swear i don't know how much better they could do. Your work is just flawless

...This Ben was done along time ago. Im wanting to revisit him and paint him a bit more like the John Locke i just did.

IMG_1481-1.png

Well Josh, since we had discussed finally adding my Ben to my NEXT set of repaints for you (The Indy guys, after you've finished all the Ghostbusters, etc. you're working on for me), I can make this a REALITY! :naughty

Of course, if you're really stoked to give it a whirl now, I'd gladly get one of my other repaints put on the backburner in favor of Ben. Let me know and I can get it in the post to ya ASAP! :pray:

:bouncin

Thats all kinds of awsomeness :bow Thanks Wor-Gar:peace Im always trying new techniques so we shall see how Old Ben comes out.

I'm more than willing to sacrifice my old Ben for your experiment!!!!!! :pray::pray::pray::pray: Pleasssssssseeeeeeeee!!!!

:monkey3

I was just discussing last night with my brother about sending Old Ben to you when you opened the flood gates again...true story.

Thank you guys. Honestly its all the kind words and comments like the ones above that keep me pumping these things out for you all. Much appreciated. :1-1:

Something i just finished up on. I posted a before shot because i thought it was pretty interesting. Sideshow cast all the Leias in a clear plastic. Usually you dont see sculpts cast in a clear material so i figured you guys would like to see whats underneath all that factory paint. :yess:

Before
20jo5j6.png

After
i1jqwz.png

That's pretty interesting stuff, perhaps Sideshow was considering doing a holographic Leia at some point?
Congrats on the Cpt. Rex Josh, he looks awesome! I'll definitely be picking him up at some point if the production looks half as good as yours.
Btw did you get my PM? :dunno

Hey guys i did a dumb thing:slap I was clearing out my inbox to make some room and accidentally deleted some unread PM's So anyone who had sent me a message from yesterday until about 5 mins ago please resend them or if i may have missed yours for some reason:monkey2

oh my god. Josh your talent is amazing. Whenever(if ever) someone does surpass your work, i swear i don't know how much better they could do. Your work is just flawless

:lectureMy sentiments :exactly: Dont get me wrong there is alot of great talent among this forum but there is just something about your work. By the way i sent you a PM

I sent a PM like 2-3 months ago but never heard back---should I resend?

I'm in total agreement with Jediguy and fire_fly, and am pretty sure a lot of fellow members concur.

There's something that somehow makes your work stand out. The details you put in the eyes (iris +pupils) are a thing of beauty, as appreciated on Locke and Kenobi. And the skintone in those two sculpts is surreal. You really go the extra mile always!

:clap :peace

I'm in total agreement with Jediguy and fire_fly, and am pretty sure a lot of fellow members concur.

There's something that somehow makes your work stand out. The details you put in the eyes (iris +pupils) are a thing of beauty, as appreciated on Locke and Kenobi. And the skintone in those two sculpts is surreal. You really go the extra mile always!

:clap :peace

:bowThanks my friend. I have only done a few sculpts for my own personal collection. Everything else i have posted has been for fellow members here. I try to give you guys as much as possible when it comes to a good repaint. :1-1:

TBH, Im kinda surprised that Im not really liking those sunohc X small studios tyler. :gah:

Something bout the eyes and the overall expression that looks like hes confused and suprised. When hes supposed to have that cool, confident swagger.

I'm okay with Hydeous, I think that the likeness is a little bit off with the painting. It's weird

I am the same to be honest, i am suprised also that this sculpt and this paint job havent brought around the best pitt on the boards however i really dont think its better than the rainman sculpt and various paint ups i have seen, imo

Last edited:

Yikes to those comparing this thing of perfection to rainmans failed attempt .......... :slap

Awesome work on the eyes Josh. :clap

you didnt read my post correctly

i said imo = in my opinion

Back