SM trilogy VS SW prequel trilogy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which trilogy is better?

• SW

Votes: 46 55.4%
  • SM

Votes: 37 44.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seth Gecko

Super Freak
Reaction score
Seems like this is gonna come up now sooner or later now so.....:D

No contest for me i love SW but SM gets this one.(we all know the OT kicks anythings ass,but the PT?)

Last edited:
Gotta go with Star Wars. It had alot of flaws but,well, it's Star Wars. Besides, I finally got to see Yoda dish it out. That made it all better.:D

I haven't seen SM3, but based on the first 2, I'd have to say, and I say this as a huge Star Wars fan, both trilogies seem to heavily rely upon special effects and action for ther impact, and not so much story quality or acting. Hayden's performance was often lackluster and at times, for what she's capable of, Portman wasn't at the top of her game either, but on the other side, I always felt Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst delivered some of the poorest acting I've ever seen. Based on that, for me the comparrison would boil down to which film had better effects and action, and since Spiderman is based in the world we know and Star Wars in more fantasy type settings, I don't even think they can be equally compared there.

Star Wars, hands down, in every way shape or form. No contest as far as I'm concerned.

I love (absolutely love) the Star Wars movies but the Spiderman movies were much more fun. I like those movies where I can check my brain at the door and enjoy the movie for it's sheer "fun" factor.

The thing is...the story lines in the original trilogy were so much easier to follow. Lucas had to make the prequels all political and the storylines (especially in TPM) seemed too jumbled and complex for a Star Wars movie.

KamenGuyver said:
I love SW, OT rocks, but PT......

SM wins for me too.

I agree.

They are very different trilogies each trying to accomplish different things. Spiderman wasn't even envisioned as a trilogy, the only real arc connecting all three had was Harry's and to a lesser extent the PP/MJ love story. But in terms of successful storytelling I give it to Spidey. 1 & 2 were solid, 3 was weak. TPM and AOTC were weak, ROTS was better.

2 great Spidey movies vs 1 good Star Wars film.

Entropy Chicken said:
TPM and AOTC were weak, ROTS was better. 2 great Spidey movies vs 1 good Star Wars film.

You do, of course, realize that there were 3 more called A New Hope, THE EMPIRE F'N STRIKES BACK and Return of the Jedi, right? :monkey3

pixletwin said:
You do, of course, realize that there were 3 more called A New Hope, THE EMPIRE F'N STRIKES BACK and Return of the Jedi, right? :monkey3

Great points Pix, but the question is Prequel vs Spidey, so the OT strenght doesn't help the cause.

They are so completely different, I can't even vote. The SM series just doesn't seem finished to me yet. It seems like they were setting up a lot for #4 in this past movie.

Star Wars hands down. Not even close. The Spidey series is like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest against SW.

pixletwin said:

Hell Yeah! OT Rules! :rock :rock :rock

But aren't we only comparing Spidey 1-3 to Star Wars 1-3?

This is like comparing apples and oranges.

But, I did vote for Spider-Man. I love Star Wars as well. But, the Spider-Man movies are for me something I can watch whenever. I have to be in a certain kind of mood to be willing to deal with Jar-Jar Binks or the piss poor acting by Hayden in Episode II.

Agent23 said:
But, the Spider-Man movies are for me something I can watch whenever. I have to be in a certain kind of mood to be willing to deal with Jar-Jar Binks or the piss poor acting by Hayden in Episode II.

Well said! There is just too much bad and cringe worthy in the PT.

Back