SM trilogy VS SW prequel trilogy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which trilogy is better?

• SW

Votes: 46 55.4%
  • SM

Votes: 37 44.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Entropy Chicken said:
Hell Yeah! OT Rules! :rock :rock :rock

But aren't we only comparing Spidey 1-3 to Star Wars 1-3?

Didn't notice the PT part... hmmm... well I would still vote Star Wars. But really, how can you exclude OT from a SW poll? Oh yeah, because SW would mop the floor with Spidey. :monkey3

you still can't compare the spiderman trilogy to the PT.. I grew up with the PT and love it... spiderman 1 was good.. thats about it.

pixletwin said:
Didn't notice the PT part... hmmm... well I would still vote Star Wars. But really, how can you exclude OT from a SW poll? Oh yeah, because SW would mop the floor with Spidey. :monkey3

Of course it's just the PT.If i made a poll about SM trilogy vs the OT i would expect someone with half a brain to close it.

All of the Spidey movies were better than any of the prequels.

However, the original trilogy kills the SM trilogy.

I am amazed at the responses. I like the prequels but Spidey beats them hands down. Better character development, better writing, better acting and a better director.

A more competitive matchup would be the Spider-Man Trilogy vs The Lord of the Rings. But then again, that is just my opinion...

jlcmsu said:
Star Wars hands down. Not even close. The Spidey series is like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest against SW.

:lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl

I love Spidey and loved the films.... but Star Wars was better in my mind. Besides.... At least they ended SW with a bang. :rock

Until further notice there is now a moratorium on Seth posting any Spider-man related polls.

Simple.......

Spiderman vs the SW prequels

Winner- Spiderman Easily

Spiderman vs SW OT

Winner- Starwars Trilogy Easily

the prequels stunk!!

DarkArtist81 said:
:lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl

I love Spidey and loved the films.... but Star Wars was better in my mind. Besides.... At least they ended SW with a bang. :rock

I was hoping someone would like that line I used. :lol

Even though the PT had its many issues I still think overall its better.

Now if SM3 hadn't been quite so bad the results (for me) could have been different... but SM3 was worse than ATOC :monkey2

ARE YOU PEOPLE ****ING RETARTED? How is the Prequel Trilogy beating the Spider-Man trilogy?

Any sensible person can see it goes like this:
OT>>>> SM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PT:emperor

You would have to PAY me to sit through AOTC again. ROTS was decent but gets worse with each viewing, and TPM is merely entertaining for it was (visually it's a great film that doesn't rely as heavily on CGI as the other two, which look like badly acted PS2 games.)

Come on, the entire Prequel Trilogy vs Spiderman 2? If the prequels didn't have some kickass fight scenes and John Williams always beautiful scores, they would be nothing. Although they are somewhat entertaining, the prequels will be looked down upon in the years to come, where as the first two SM films will be cherished as some of the best superhero films EVER made.
SM 3 was weaker but every trilogy needs it's ROTJ (I actually like both SM3 and ROTJ, so that's not a bad thing.)
Anyone thining the PT is better than the SM films is a biased fanboy.

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
Anyone thining the PT is better than the SM films is a biased fanboy.

Well duhhh, I'd wager 90% of the opinions on either side are fan boy based and not subjective.

After seeing SM3 tonight, I dont think that Spiderman can be considered a great trilogy. Great first movie and sequel but NOT trilogy.

Greatest trilogys:

LOtR
SW (original)
soon to be POtC

Great first movies and sequels:
T1 & T2
Alien & Aliens
SM & SM2

I think SM just feel a little short of being a great trilogy. I LOVED the first 2 films, I justed liked the 3rd.

Back