Sleepy Hollow on Fox

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If only they can find a way to include Joshua Jackson and Anna Torv into the scripts…

This show demands you pay attention or you'll miss any number of details that will leave you scratching your head, so it's best not to be doing something else at the same time. ;)

Just finished watching the season premier and thought it was a solid episode. Nice touch brign John Cho back for a cameo to "defy" Molock. I think my favorite parts were with how much Ichabod hated Ben Franklin. :lol

I really enjoyed the premiere. So good to have the show back!

The fake out beginning was fun. I did figure out it had to be fake fairly early. At least, I had a hint. But I'll be honest in saying I wasn't sure if it was fake or if the writers were going to just write themselves out of the cliffhanger that way for a fair amount of time. But the reveal was fun. John Noble in full-on bad guy mode is a sight to behold, of course.

With Abby trapped in purgatory, it was fun to see Jenny and Ichabod team up. I didn't quite know where they were going to go with the dynamics here with Jenny coming on board full time. But I like it. I mean, Abby/Ichabod are the team I like seeing the most, but I can see Jenny finding a place for herself. Unlike...

Katrina. How do you solve a problem like Katrina. Despite being in the credits all last season, she did next to nothing in the actual series. She continues to do nothing, having gone from being trapped one place to being trapped another. Frankly, it feels like she only exists to keep Abby and Ichabod apart. Which, I'm okay with because I don't WANT them getting together. But I feel like she could do so off screen.

Still, this had pretty much everything I wanted from an episode of Sleepy Hollow, so I was very satisfied overall.

P.S. - The Horseman has a creepily good body. LOL.
P.S.S. - Flaming Sword/Empty Suit War is such a cool visual.

Last edited:
I'm a bit torn, to be honest, where the second episode took our characters.

There's so much to love about the episode. Ben Franklin makes Frankenstein's monster! We get to see Irving, finally. The problem is, after making some rather bold moves in the finale, this episode felt like it kind of reset the series back to where it started in some ways. Mills has a boss who distrusts Crane and might be an obstacle. Jenny is locked up. Katrina remains captured. True, everyone is in a relatively new location and now we have John Noble, but it felt just a bit too tidy. That being said, I'm hoping this is all just fairly temporary and they go off somewhere newer with it.

Last edited:
The Kindred was really cool though

Definitely!

Now for episode 2x3:
Okay, have to love the concept behind this one...
Evil coin turns people evil! This is what happened to Benedict Arnold!
Jenny is free instantly, meaning my worries last time are partly evaporated. I was intrigued by the introduction of the coin expert as a foil to Ichabod. That was kind of fun. I wonder if he'll be back. Reyes is actually kind of fun to have around, because I don't quite know how to read her. Is she lying about her intentions for Abby and Jenny's mother? Still not sure how to interpret her apparent pleasure at sending Irving to the psyche ward. Also, it was kind of fun having Jenny being a bad ass, even if she was possessed and gunning for Reyes. And, of course, Henry. John Noble is so much fun here, as usual. I also really enjoyed Katrina, at last! Loved the ending with Jenny and Abby, too. I really have enjoyed their sister dynamic added to the mix.

Last edited:
I still enjoy this show, but I wish they would stop over explaining the plot of every episode. It's like they think the audience is full of 5 year olds.

Hmm.... latest episode...

Loved the weeping widow. Really well executed. Finally Katrina is given something to do and shows off her powers! She frees herself! Lots of great stuff, and overall I really liked it. What I'm not sure I loved was the pairing up of Jenny and Hawley. For one thing, I wish we'd see more of Irving (he's this season's Katrina - in the credits but barely seen) for one thing. Plus, I'm just not sure how I feel about it. Still, my fears in the past couple episodes didn't mean much as the writers handled what they threw at us well, so I'll have some faith.

I'm utterly addicted to this show.

And I want figures from it so badly......

I'm not a fan of handsome Gary Busey. That character is doing nothing for me. I'd rather see more of Frank Irving. Is there some reason he's gotten so little screen time?

I don't know, but I agree with you. I want more Irving and less Nick Hawley. So far I haven't warmed up to him in the slightest.

Ichabod really would make a lovely figure.

Oooh, and can you imagine the Headless Horseman in 1/6 scale?

Back