Sleepy Hollow on Fox

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think I'm done with this show.

Some really great monster designs and story lines but overall the whole thing feels too cheap/shoddy IMO. I'm surprised at how many of you seem to enjoy the show, especially Abbie and Ichabod's relationship. I don't think they have much chemistry at all and the "good ol' family-friendly" dialogue between the two of them is cringe-worthy at times.

Cue ragestorm. :lol

That's alright, but I do find peculiar that you say they don't have chemistry, they're the best TV duo I've seen since X-files.

That's also peculiar, because I just started watching The X-files on Netflix for the first time. :lol

Man, I would never compare Mulder and Scully to Ichabod and Abbie.

Mulder and Scully just ooze charisma and have such unique and interesting yet natural chemistry. It's not your average relationship, but it feels very real.

I guess that's it. With Abbie and Ichabod (and the show in general), the dialogue feels so scripted and almost fake IMO. I think they're both good actors but the characters just don't have much personality.

I feel like Mulder and Scully could be real people. Abbie and Ichabod? Not so much.

That's also peculiar, because I just started watching The X-files on Netflix for the first time. :lol

Man, I would never compare Mulder and Scully to Ichabod and Abbie.

Mulder and Scully just ooze charisma and have such unique and interesting yet natural chemistry. It's not your average relationship, but it feels very real.

I guess that's it. With Abbie and Ichabod (and the show in general), the dialogue feels so scripted and almost fake IMO. I think they're both good actors but the characters just don't have much personality.

I feel like Mulder and Scully could be real people. Abbie and Ichabod? Not so much.

There always was a sexual tension between Mulder and Scully that there isn't between Abbie and Ichabod. I hope there never is either. I hate that.

Any Angel fans here?

I just realized how similar the season finale of Sleepy Hollow was to the finale of Angel Season 3.

Angel: Angel's son, Connor is rapidly aged to adulthood via mystical element (time travel)
Sleepy Hollow: Icahbod's son, Jeremy is rapidly aged to adulthood via mystical element (deal with Molock)

Angel: Angel's son, Connor imprisons him in a coffin and dumps him alive at sea.
Sleepy Hollow: Icahbod's son Jeremy imprisons him in a coffin and buries him alive.

Angel: Main love interests Angel and Cordelia (demon with powers) are split up (Cordelia taken by the Powers that Be)
Sleepy Hollow: Main love interests Icahbod and Katrina (witch with powers) are split up (Katrina taken by Headless Horseman)

Not meant to be a bash on Sleepy Hollow at all. In fact, maybe this is part of why I like the show so much. It is easily my favorite new show of 2013.

Maybe I didn't pay enough attention, but was Jeremy aged by a magical force or was he just simply buried long enough where his body grew?

I'm thinking the latter. He must just age more slowly than a regular human would, since he was in the ground hundreds of years.

:D :D :D

460x.jpg

Only started watching this show cuz I heard it was from the producers or writers of underworld and I'm a big fan of that franchise. Turned out to be a great show, love the monster designs. Can't wait for S2, have a feeling cranes look will become more modernized

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess im the only one who feels like there is sexual tension developing between crane and Abbie?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

There always was a sexual tension between Mulder and Scully that there isn't between Abbie and Ichabod. I hope there never is either. I hate that.
I don't think there always was. I just started season 6 and there have only been a few times I've noticed any real sexual tension between them. I certainly didn't feel that there was any sexual tension between them in the first 1-3 seasons or so. There've been a few "almost kisses", but fairly recently.

I think their relationship is much deeper than that though. They love each other more than friends, but not in a romantic sense either.

I guess im the only one who feels like there is sexual tension developing between crane and Abbie?

Can't remember what exactly, but some interaction they had a few episodes back made me think this as well.

I know I've noticed some locking of the eyes and some moments where Abbie has seemed jealous of Cranes wife as well. I believe the episode where they tried to get us to believe Crane was going to sacrifice himself. I just feel like its brewing...

I think there's chemistry, but not so much sexual tension. I mean, I think there are flickers of that, but it's very much in the background. Obviously, people love to "ship" characters these days, and I don't think they shy away from that. But, I think it's a refreshing case of just letting the male and female leads be friends (whodathunk it!) for now. I really hope they keep that up. That's why I don't want Katrina killed or something. Ichabod loves her completely, and that removes the bother of having to deal with whether Abbie and Ichabod will actually hook up. The tantalizing possibility of two characters getting together if things were different is usually more dramatically satisfying than actually having them get together.

Maybe by season 5 or something, things will have changed. But for now, I'm SO glad they are just friends.

I just finished watching the final two hours of the season and I thought there was a look of jealousy on Katrina's face when Ichabod and Abbie hugged.

As for the finale, it was pretty awesome seeing John Noble and Victor Garber on the same show and I'm looking forward to seeing them both next season. I definitely didn't see the twist for Noble's character coming. Wow!

If they put them together, I will stop watching the show.....seriously, because I am so sick of them doing that. It's like a man and a woman can't work together or just be friends without hopping into bed sooner or later.

I know he cares for her, but I think it's more sisterly than sexual tension, at least for now. If his wife ever "moves on" or whatever, then we'll see what happens from there.

I know I've noticed some locking of the eyes and some moments where Abbie has seemed jealous of Cranes wife as well. I believe the episode where they tried to get us to believe Crane was going to sacrifice himself. I just feel like its brewing...

There were one or two moments that kinda made me think of it, but it would completely mess with the tone of the show.

If they put them together, I will stop watching the show.....seriously, because I am so sick of them doing that. It's like a man and a woman can't work together or just be friends without hopping into bed sooner or later.

I know he cares for her, but I think it's more sisterly than sexual tension, at least for now. If his wife ever "moves on" or whatever, then we'll see what happens from there.

:exactly::goodpost:

I'm with you on that. It happens all too often on shows. Unfortunately I think they feel they need to do that to keep casual viewers interested.

Back