slave leia statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it but I think it will be a pass for me as well.

As far as the pose. I don't think it's revealing or sexier than an actual movie shot. You just see more because you can veiw it from all angles. I wonder if she'd have a problem with us looking up her dress for polystone cracks?

I think Im going to get this one if money is good. I wonder how a Sideshow PF would look. About Carries issue with the figure does she have any rights to her likeness where she has approval or anything. I know the Star Trek actors do but didnt know about Star Wars

jason2885 said:
I think Im going to get this one if money is good. I wonder how a Sideshow PF would look. About Carries issue with the figure does she have any rights to her likeness where she has approval or anything. I know the Star Trek actors do but didnt know about Star Wars

I have a feeling that it doesn't have much to do with any legal rights Carrie Fisher may have over her Leia character likeness. I think she was uncomfortable with how revealing the backside was, and Gentle Giant was being respectful of her feelings and volunteered to change it.

Yes, these are businesses trying to make money, but there's still some human compassion in there somewhere... :)

Sith Lord 0498 said:
I have a feeling that it doesn't have much to do with any legal rights Carrie Fisher may have over her Leia character likeness. I think she was uncomfortable with how revealing the backside was, and Gentle Giant was being respectful of her feelings and volunteered to change it.

Yes, these are businesses trying to make money, but there's still some human compassion in there somewhere... :)

true. I respect the fact that GG listened to Carrie about the over exposure. I just wonder how GG will redo her? perhaps add or paint white undies?

TOE said:
true. I respect the fact that GG listened to Carrie about the over exposure. I just wonder how GG will redo her? perhaps add or paint white undies?

Didn't Lucas tell Carrie during ANH that "there is no underwear in space?" I would think that a Lucas rule would overrule an actor's wishes. :D

As it stands the costume on the statue is not screen accurate. In the movie she wore a bikini bottom under the outer cloth. I really thought that was common knowledge....

I read on rebelscum that Carrie Fisher had an "issue" with it and they were going to rework it. The issue being that it was too revealing/sexy. Don't know if that is true or not, but it makes sense.

Ridiculous. I saw the pics in the link and she looks perfect as is.

I will be getting this statue even if they change it a little. I saw it at SDCC and the expression on Leias face was amazing. I thought it a bit revealing but tastefully done.

jimmyjamesf said:
I have video of this statue on my site that I took at SDCC. The face on this statue is amazing but the rear is the side that gets all the booyaaas etc from the few people I was around when first seen it. I believe it was on Friday they stopped the rotating pedestal. :rotfl
Gentle Giant Leia statue video page
BOOYAA!
Every time I see this statue I want to own one more and more.
If they change the rear area, I'd be disappointed but still interested. Hopefully it won't be too expensive and changed too drastically.

i will buy this regardless. Will SS make her with or without undies?

....she shaves :cool:

I wonder when she will go up for preorder, the rest of the figures that were shown at Comic Con are already up for order at most places. I wonder if they really are putting underwear on her.

I'm done pre-ordering any GG pieces. I'll wait til something starts shipping and let the flood lower the prices. Only a handful of piece ever actually gain value from GG and you can generaly tell by the ES.

I may have to get this regardless. I'm not in it to make a profit in the future. I just want it for my collection. :D

Back