slave leia statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhhhhh, I have to buy this one! :monkey5
I'd love it if it was in scale with Sideshow 1/6 SW figures, but it doesn't matter if it's 1/6, I'm buying one anyway. :drool :drool :drool :drool
I hope someone here who's at SDCC can take a look at the statue to confirm it's in 1/6 scale.

Well color me in the minority, but this statue is just too "much." It looks like she's posing for the cover of the Star Wars Swimsuit Calendar.

I understand the appeal, but this is a pretty good example of a very unLeia-like pose and titillating embellishment I don't want in my collection or representing Princess Leia.

And I even get almost a "Chyna" (the wrestler chick) vibe from that first close up on Sir Steve's site.

I think SS captures Leia much more accurately in the 12" Boussh and I expect their Slave Leia to do the same (in PF form and *hopefully* 1/6 as well.)

Here she is on the webcam:

as.jpg

capture2.jpg

Is it just me, or is the GG slave leia more 'buxom'?
Don't get me wrong, it's a great sculpt with great paint, but somewhat alluring (which is not so bad) Whereas the koto leia, whilst not as good a paint, I believe is more 'demure'.

So the question is: demure or alluring?

Noticed that too. The statue is definitely a little more endowed than Fisher was in the costume.

The statue is definitely a little more endowed than Fisher was in the costume

Hmmm...so this statue is not based on a three-dimensional computer scan of the actor?? They didn't do a computer scan of the boobs!!??:lol

I agree that this does not capture the character of Leia within the context of ROTJ, but is more of a fanboy's fantasy. I can't imagine Leia playing coy and seductive while chained to that disgusting pile of worm ridden filth. However, I think that this will sell just fine...

Mini-Rock said:
I think the facial expression does.

Yep, as the pose of the body may be as sexual is it can be, the facial expression is saying something else. She doesn't look very comfy IMO

First word that came to mind when I first saw this: Dangerous!:monkey5
It's funny how each successive large-scale product seems to increase the "pin-up" factor of this costume (Hasbro Unleashed included). But I think GG has done a good job using the undignified face that was expressed in the movie, as others have rightly noted.
I'm putting this one on my wish list!:D

Anyone know when Leia goes up for pre-order? It looks like of all the GG pieces shown at SDCC, she's the only one not up yet... Not that I'm in any hurry, considering how many other things I have on order.

Batty said:
Anyone know when Leia goes up for pre-order? It looks like of all the GG pieces shown at SDCC, she's the only one not up yet... Not that I'm in any hurry, considering how many other things I have on order.

I read on rebelscum that Carrie Fisher had an "issue" with it and they were going to rework it. The issue being that it was too revealing/sexy. Don't know if that is true or not, but it makes sense.

rainman said:
I read on rebelscum that Carrie Fisher had an "issue" with it and they were going to rework it. The issue being that it was too revealing/sexy. Don't know if that is true or not, but it makes sense.
Interesting. I didn't think the actors had any say because of the licensing agreements made back in the 70s and 80s. Besides, you'd think Fisher would be happy that people remember her for looking that way.

rainman said:

Are you serious? I can't believe she would care....it's not like she is topless or something. :rolleyes:

I'm not getting it regardless.

It's just what I read over at Rebelscum. You can find it in the Gentle Giant forums over there.

Back