Skiman's Workshop (KINGDOM COME SUPERMAN WIP) [*** COMMISSIONS CLOSED ***]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Skiman's Custom Workshop (Sculpting, Painting,etc...) [Daaaaaaaaaaaaa WORLD!!!!!

Could it be?

tumblr_m2e0lgVHRY1qk6jdj.jpg

Ski

Re: Skiman's Custom Workshop (Sculpting, Painting,etc...) [Happy BDAY 1st Sargent Sk

Amazing paint ups as always & happy birthday! :)

Re: Skiman's Custom Workshop (Sculpting, Painting,etc...) [Happy BDAY 1st Sargent Sk

Demo decal application, not final product or paint app, decal test on a paint test glove.

IMG_9163_zpsa8e852cc.jpg

and... at first I thought maybe the size was perhaps too small(I can also cut more around the sigma, color match is pretty much exact on the red) but I think it looks pretty good and almost gives the edge of a more modern look versus maybe having them larger which may play the role of more corny-ness but not like it matters since this is GI Joe and all the characters pretty much stray out in their own direction after 1986 :lol.​

Skiman

Commented by original Hasbro artist and original design of the character Big Boa.

Besides the heads does he do body's as well? What are the sizes of these things?

I was a hobbyist back in the 80's and 90's and did Miniature Military figures throughout history and competed with other painters around the country and Europe. Some figures were hand made and others were stock. We competed in how we painted the figures and how we put them in dioramas and vignettes. I think they still do compete, when I lost my job due to lay offs at Hasbro I stopped doing them. But they still are going strong. Military Collectors of America, look them up. Great hobby that came from doing paintmasters of GI Joe.

-Ron A. Rudat

Love,
Skiman

Re: Skiman's Custom Workshop (Sculpting, Painting,etc...) [Stuff]

A few updates to the Ras, tapering of brows and I did a bit more detail work on the eyes.

IMG_9196_zps9056339f.jpg

IMG_9197_zps4f3046ca.jpg

IMG_9198_zps219249c9.jpg

Ski

Back