Skiman's 1:6 Jared Nomak "The Reaper" [Decon Frost perhaps?]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1:6 Jared Nomak Blade II "The Reaper" (sculptor Skiman) First Sculpt P.24 post #2

Ski,No more words!!

Simply badass Ski! :rock

You got skillz Meaty!

Why thank you Mark, always a honor to get praise from Dorkness.

nuff said

Ski, this one is MINE??

:monkey3 :lol

WOW! It may be difficult for me to just get the closed sculpt now!

:devil :mwaha, j/k but for real that means I'm on the right track if both sculpts are appreciated!!!!

Open mouth is looking SWEET Dave! :rock

Nice blog too!

Yea still working on the blog, a pain to go back and add everything :banghead

Thank you fellas, I didn't want you guys to feel that I didn't respond to you as well, it is always greatly appreciated. :bow

Re: 1:6 Jared Nomak Blade II "The Reaper" (sculptor Skiman) First Sculpt P.24 post #2

More progress pics.

IMG_7889.jpg

IMG_7890.jpg

IMG_7891.jpg

IMG_7893.jpg

noones dropping out!!!!!:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I'm sure you'll be all right Boon.

Mold is being created tonight FELLAS :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

:rock

The mold has been set and NOW... we wait :devil :mwaha

Working round the clock to get you guys the Nomak you desire :rock :rock :rock

:rock

The mold has been set and NOW... we wait :devil :mwaha

Working round the clock to get you guys the Nomak you desire :rock :rock :rock

Ski,my B-DAY!! is this 24, for me be a the best present have this BADASS figure in my shelf, I'll be so proud show my collection to my family in my B-DAY!:impatient::1-1::pray::lol

Ski,my B-DAY!! is this 24, for me be a the best present have this BADASS figure in my shelf, I'll be so proud show my collection to my family in my B-DAY!:impatient::1-1::pray::lol

I will most definitely try to meet that deadline my friend!!!!! :hi5:

hot damn the open mouth sculpt is looking superb......hoping the mold works out fine as well.....:hi5:

can't believe my collection will finally have a Nomak :yess:

hot damn the open mouth sculpt is looking superb......hoping the mold works out fine as well.....:hi5:

can't believe my collection will finally have a Nomak :yess:

Thank you TF and believe it! :lol

Just pour the first cast of the open mouth sculpt, waiting for it to cure and ZOMG, lets see what happens :panic::panic::panic:

edit: Marvel GODS be kind to Ski, I have shown you no harm and I have always been loyal for there I AM the son of Odin..... wait.......... I don't like Thor that much, I AM THE SON OF SKAAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock

Last edited:
Re: 1:6 Jared Nomak Blade II "The Reaper" (Skiman commission) Sneak WIP P.14 post #13

Honestly, I like the tongue kinda rolled up, as it is in the second photo... As for teeth, the large mandibular fangs probably should be made out of something with a bit of backbone... may be coating stick pins with a clear epoxy or something like that. I would imagine its your best option to add the teeth after the head is molded... Actually I have know idea of how you could mold such things

Well guys and I have good and bad news.

Good news is that the mold casted the whole head perfectly, bad news is that all the teeth from the mandible didn't, I might just have to take damagecase's idea and go the stick pins route with epoxy, either way it's gonna be VERY secure on each sculpt unless you take a pair of pliers to it :lol

Let me know what you guys think, slight setback but really not so much if it were to be expected with the mold and we can make the teeth even studier.

So does that mean that the Marvel Gods don't like you? :lol j/k

Keep up the good work, Ski! I've been lurking in this thread, but can't wait to see the final product!

So does that mean that the Marvel Gods don't like you? :lol j/k

Keep up the good work, Ski! I've been lurking in this thread, but can't wait to see the final product!

:rotfl maybe slightly, more of a sign... Nah I think it's actually probably better this way as well, it's more work for me but more in my control of the resin setting in properly and making sure everyone has teeth.

It might be a little sharp but not unless you are going to be jabbing Nomak into your arm, I don't think we have to worry about that, at least for some of us. :wink1:

I'm going to do one up to today, paint it and post pics, stay tuned Mikey :rock

Last edited:

More progress pics.

IMG_7889.jpg

IMG_7890.jpg

IMG_7891.jpg

IMG_7893.jpg

Ski, that open sculpt rocks.
All kinds of awesome, but I have a suggestion if this is ok:

I´d say the nose should´ve been wider, you know?
Saw this especially on the pics from your sculpt together with the pic frm the movie.
This way the sculpt wouldn´t look like 2 parts were sculpted together and even more fluid imo.
You understand what I´m trying to say?

I just see the border of your original Nomak sculpt and where the variant begins.

Ski, that open sculpt rocks.
All kinds of awesome, but I have a suggestion if this is ok:

I´d say the nose should´ve been wider, you know?
Saw this especially on the pics from your sculpt together with the pic frm the movie.
This way the sculpt wouldn´t look like 2 parts were sculpted together and even more fluid imo.
You understand what I´m trying to say?

I just see the border of your original Nomak sculpt and where the variant begins.

I hear yah man, well there's two things though 1) that pic wasn't Luke Goss so the nose wouldn't be accurate it's a different actor/generic reaper and 2) I've all ready started a mold.

but I might take your critique into consideration though as I'm not really digging the way this mold came out, for some reason it tends to make the head way narrower that it should be I just notice this besides my the push pin fix I stated earlier, so I might have to take another mold process to it.

O the joy :lol :hi5:

Do you guys agree on a wider nose, please speak now or forever hold the piece, EndoSickness may of altered this for the whole group :lol :panic:

I hear yah man, well there's two things though 1) that pic wasn't Luke Goss so the nose wouldn't be accurate it's a different actor/generic reaper and 2) I've all ready started a mold.

but I might take your critique into consideration though as I'm not really digging the way this mold came out, for some reason it tends to make the head way narrower that it should be I just notice this besides my the push pin fix I stated earlier, so I might have to take another mold process to it.

O the joy :lol :hi5:

Do you guys agree on a wider nose, please speak now or forever hold the piece, EndoSickness may of altered this for the whole group :lol :panic:

Hmm ... you know, I could see a wider nose working. It might even make the sculpt just a tiny bit more dynamic ... because it may look as though the nose is being stretched out a little as the mandibles flap open.

But either way would be fine by me! I think the sculpt looks pretty fab right now! :yess:

Back