Sinister lives up to its name.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anton Phibes

Super Freak
Reaction score
Most who have been here for a number of years know that I am a bigger fan of classic horror and olde fashioned "Monster movies" and "Creature Features" than I am of newer stuff.

I took my teenagers to see Sinister Tuesday.

I recommend it. Its a slow burn potboiler....and it definitely lives up to its name.

I was really disappointed by sinister. I thought what there was was good, and I did like the ending. But it just kind of felt like it didn't really reach anything. Like the whole thing was the start of a movie. Then suddenly an ending. If that makes any sense. Lol.

So umm wheres the figure?

Believe it or not, this forum used to be where all things horror could be discussed.

Movies are what 75% of this horror "collectible" crap is spawned from.

A movie isnt a pf, prop, or action figure. So--unless we are going to divide the horror sections into even more subsections....:dunno

This place is ideal if you have OCD,lol. Mods---Move thread to yet another subsection. Pretty soon we will get so "organized" we won't be able to discuss horror on the Sideshow board. Because Sideshow does so little of it these days.........:monkey3:peace

Mods, move the thread....I dont wanna cause someone's head to go "scanners". :peace:gah:

Thats one thing I hate about cyberspace...you pop on to open a discussion in the only section you visit...that became divided, and instead of contributing anything to the actual topic....you get directed to a different section,lol. It's like calling customer service at a conglomerate.

Or you could just go to the Movies section to talk about a movie. :dunno

:lecture:lectureYeah---its funny aint it? I only come to the horror forums unless something really gets my interest. Maybe in Aliens, or comics etc. But here's a thought:

Why is it we lump every movie or television show, from every genre imaginable, in a single compartment/page---but we had to separate the horror section into sub genres?:lol

There are threads scattered all through both "subsections" of the horror main section that dont have jack crap to do with a figure or a prop. It doesnt bother me. It only tends to bother the folks with OCD or people who like messing with other people over something silly. :dunno

If the mods want to move the threads: they have the power to do so. :pfft:

Talk about beating a dead horse. Criminey.:stick

It doesnt bother me if the thread gets moved.

It apparently bothers a few here that its here.

I dont have the power to move it.:exactly:

So if you want it moved or merged---go complain to a moderator.

But if it was really such an issue: it wouldnt just be this thread that is moved. They're all over the boards. :rotfl

I got it---the action figure crowd doesnt wanna hear about the movies the figures are based on. Check!

But be warned: the movies, and folks' opinions of them, actually **gasp** come up from time to time when discussing a product based off said movies.:lol

MODS: PLEASE by all means; feel free to lock thread or discard it in its entirety.

Last edited:
I take it you have been away for a bit.

A little while back the board underwent some organizational changes that in the long run helped out a lot of the sub forums.

One of the big issues at hand was separating 1/6 (or action figures) form everything else as well as keeping media topics in there respective sections.

It took me a short amount of time to get used to it but I currently like the set up.

I take it you have been away for a bit.

A little while back the board underwent some organizational changes that in the long run helped out a lot of the sub forums.

One of the big issues at hand was separating 1/6 (or action figures) form everything else as well as keeping media topics in there respective sections.

It took me a short amount of time to get used to it but I currently like the set up.

Yeah---I was away for awhile. There are still plenty of "old timers" like me who may still actually discuss the movies in threads about the toys or collectibles based off said movies. I didnt think it was such a big issue. The Universal Monster on blu ray were discussed in the horror forums and not elsewhere. Actually right in the same section as this thread. There are other examples. But apparently the thread I started was the final straw I guess.:dunno

Ahh don't sweat it man. We're glad you're back. Just take the lay of the new land and you'll be fine :)

Believe it or not, this forum used to be where all things horror could be discussed.

Movies are what 75% of this horror "collectible" crap is spawned from.

A movie isnt a pf, prop, or action figure. So--unless we are going to divide the horror sections into even more subsections....

This place is ideal if you have OCD,lol. Mods---Move thread to yet another subsection. Pretty soon we will get so "organized" we won't be able to discuss horror on the Sideshow board. Because Sideshow does so little of it these days.........

Mods, move the thread....I dont wanna cause someone's head to go "scanners".

Thats one thing I hate about cyberspace...you pop on to open a discussion in the only section you visit...that became divided, and instead of contributing anything to the actual topic....you get directed to a different section,lol. It's like calling customer service at a conglomerate.

Yeah---its funny aint it? I only come to the horror forums unless something really gets my interest. Maybe in Aliens, or comics etc. But here's a thought:

Why is it we lump every movie or television show, from every genre imaginable, in a single compartment/page---but we had to separate the horror section into sub genres?

There are threads scattered all through both "subsections" of the horror main section that dont have jack crap to do with a figure or a prop. It doesnt bother me. It only tends to bother the folks with OCD or people who like messing with other people over something silly.

If the mods want to move the threads: they have the power to do so.

Talk about beating a dead horse. Criminey.

It doesnt bother me if the thread gets moved.

It apparently bothers a few here that its here.

I dont have the power to move it.

So if you want it moved or merged---go complain to a moderator.

But if it was really such an issue: it wouldnt just be this thread that is moved. They're all over the boards.

I got it---the action figure crowd doesnt wanna hear about the movies the figures are based on. Check!

But be warned: the movies, and folks' opinions of them, actually **gasp** come up from time to time when discussing a product based off said movies.

MODS: PLEASE by all means; feel free to lock thread or discard it in its entirety.

francis.jpg

My mom's middle name is Francis, after her mother.

When my dad was sick of listening to her, he'd respond, "Yes, Francis." She didn't like it very much.

Back