Premium Format Sinestro Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see how the wait could be worth it, are they adding more features to it while it sits in the dock for 3 months?

Well, I want the statue. I don't want the statue by XXXX date. I just want it. So it's worth it because I still want it.

Man I got like 4 PF's stuck at the docs and this is my most wanted. I would cancel the other three just get this guy. Errrrrr

My point was their last email indicated this was being boxed up and shipped on a boat at the end of November and that the "wait" would be worth it. I didnt imply the statue was inferior, it will be 3 months now that we've waited, no value was added in those 3 months, thats all i was getting at. It was just weird the way they worded the email back in November, it now looks like it possibly wont arrive til March

I didn't find it weird at all. All I got from the email was "Yeah, you've been waiting a long time for this statue but it's about to get on a boat and when you have him in hand, you'll realize it was worth it. Nothing more, nothing less and certainly not weird but that's just me.

"The wait will be worth it"

Is different from saying

"It'll be worth the wait"

The latter makes more sense. The first one implies waiting has a benefit when it clearly does not, the "it" is independent from the "wait"

Especially since the "wait" does not make it any better from the moment it was boxed and sent. In fact it sitting on a ship for 3 months would probably contribute perhaps defects.

Last edited:
Do the semantics matter? If you don't want it because it didn't arrive by a certain time, that's fine. I am not in that group. That's all. No harm... no foul.

"The wait will be worth it"

Is different from saying

"It'll be worth the wait"

The latter makes more sense. The first one implies waiting has a benefit when it clearly does not, the "it" is independent from the "wait"

Especially since the "wait" does not make it any better from the moment it was boxed and sent. In fact it sitting on a ship for 3 months would probably contribute perhaps defects.

Do the semantics matter? If you don't want it because it didn't arrive by a certain time, that's fine. I am not in that group. That's all. No harm... no foul.

Where in my post did I say I didn't want it?? In fact do not quote me and then misquote me with something I never said. It was in simple English.

Anyways, production piece.

And yes the semantics matter, otherwise you wouldn't have misinterpreted what I said in the first place.

I don't see how the wait could be worth it, are they adding more features to it while it sits in the dock for 3 months?

Dear Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of the Sideshow Exclusive Sinestro Premium Format Figure (Item #3002171)!

We received an update from our production staff about your statue and wanted to share it with you! Your hand crafted Sinestro PF has finished production and has been packed in its graphic box and shipper cartons. It is ready to be loaded on a ship to begin the journey to our warehouse! With the holiday season upon us, our carrier informed us that receipt of the Sinestro PF into our warehouse will be late December / January 2015.

We sincerely apologize for the delays during the production of this item but believe that the wait will be well worth it for this evil villain! Should you need to make any adjustments to your pre-order as a result of this information, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team.

Best Regards,

William Mendoza
Customer Service Manager

----

The original email mentions nothing about the port strike, that is the subject a couple people were commenting on. I think Sideshow should've addressed the delays earlier. but whatever, it was just odd timing for them to address the delay 16 months later when a port strike is going on and continues on.

Yeah Im all for waiting, if that waiting actually does some benefit for the final product. In this case, I'd assume more people would understand that harmless frustration..

Posted at toy convention in China 3 months ago, dont know howd theyd get the prototype, doesnt that stay with Sideshow?

How is it odd timing though? The slowdown may have nothing to do with why sinestro was delayed before getting stuck at the port. Sideshow could have gotten it finished as soon as they could and boxed up and it may be pure coincidence that they shot that email out as the port was getting backed up.

Also what was the point of covering the watermark on the sinestro pic? It's kinda there for a reason.

Its odd timing because

A) theyve never done it before with Superman, Batman and pretty much every other release thats been delayed

B) the slow down at the ports is not something that happend over night. Cap PF , hell Wonder Woman was bumped up and down 3-4 times.

The frustrating part is when this was delayed back in April why didnt they think it was pertinent to inform fans of the issues?

I think they knew this was a latter priority since the ES numbers dont compete with other releases that they knew were selling better.

I dont believe for a second they took more time on this (16 months?) than Super or Batman which never receieved so much as an email as to wth was going on. I thinks this was pushed back due to low sales but whatever... Had they actually spent 16 months painting the thing then id believe what they are saying. Probably took a few weeks to paint anyways

Why would they ship a prototype all the way over there when Sideshow can just grab one from the factory

Im sorry but is it really that confusing?

This is in response to someone asking if it is indeed a production piece, my response was more than likely it is since its more likely they grabbed it from the factory

Lastly the display is for Chinas Comic Convention something that Sideshow does not attend ( i dont think)

Well, I can't fully recall how long it was but I believe batman was delayed by 8 months from his original release date and they did in fact email everyone apologizing for the delay and asking to bear with them. I can't remember if they stated reasons why but they did send an email out.

Superman

it was like pulling teeth trying to get an ETA.

the [Sinestro] email almost sounds insulting, like "we believe this won't suck" kinda response like it's up in the air.

I can't speak for supes as I didn't get him but batman was no different. No one had any idea what was going on and it was delayed here a month, delayed there 2 months. It got to the point that the delays brought on more humorous responses than angry ones as it became a universal joke. We didn't know anything really until later into the delays when we got the email and it arrived eventually.

I'm not getting that vibe at all. They're a company and they know customers are pissed. The email is taking a more middle of the road approach. The last thing I would want is an email going "this statue is ****ing awesome! It will totally blow your mind and will be your grail piece!" It would basically be rubbing salt in the wound by saying "hey, this statue is epic and amazing.....but you're still gonna wait for it".

The last thing I would want is an email going "this statue is ****ing awesome! It will totally blow your mind and will be your grail piece!" It would basically be rubbing salt in the wound by saying "hey, this statue is epic and amazing.....but you're still gonna wait for it".

I would totally love that! If they just came flat out and said this is like a cross between Fergie and Jesus.

I don't understand their business at all, like how is they don't know what a product is gonna look like until we receive it? Seems a little weird that their process control doesn't pick up these problems sooner. Majority of the wait (from what I hear) is from Approvals, but isn't that all worked out at the prototype level?

Seems REALLY odd (to me at least) that in a 16 month process an ES of 500 cannot make it to market but 3000 drunken Catwoman PFs can in half the time.

Back