Premium Format Sinestro Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would totally love that! If they just came flat out and said this is like a cross between Fergie and Jesus.

I don't understand their business at all, like how is they don't know what a product is gonna look like until we receive it? Seems a little weird that their process control doesn't pick up these problems sooner. Majority of the wait (from what I hear) is from Approvals, but isn't that all worked out at the prototype level?

Seems REALLY odd (to me at least) that in a 16 month process an ES of 500 cannot make it to market but 3000 drunken Catwoman PFs can in half the time.

To each his own I suppose. While not outright saying it, I personally found the email to hype it up just a teensy bit. Not a lot mind you, but also not "this is a statue. You will get it soon".

I dont know anything at all about their whole process but i'd imagine that after the proto is made and photographed to hell for the factory and painters, sideshow doesn't see much of the production pieces. I imagine that they have someone on the factory floor that randomly pulls a piece out of a batch to check its accuracy and that means that while the sample piece may be fine, the rest could be crap. Sideshow won't hear about any defects or anything until they get customer service calls. As for approvals, I'd imagine that it's one thing to make a prototype vs a production piece. Like sinestros constructs. While the process of making them may be identical, it would be greatly sped up as they need to make many of them and quickly. Process might not be as good with mass production so changes and approvals might need to be made. Same deal with last minute changes. Even though the proto shown was a Normal base, they might have figured out a way to wire it up and light it that they didn't think of before. That would need approvals and whatnot.

As for the wait, it could of just been that because he has a much lower ES, he wasn't the main focus. 3000 Catwomen need a lot more hands so they could have triple or quadruple the people working on her as the sinestro statue.

Ultimately we have no idea what caused the delays and why and chances are we'll never know (unless there's something different with the statue ie. light up feature). All we know now is that the port slow down has got him stuck waiting and who knows how long it'll be before we have him. It sucks but I'll be happy when I get him.

I am thinking about canceling Sinestro. I am only buying one, this or Grey Hulk and Sinestro my be the one to get the axe.

I am thinking about canceling Sinestro. I am only buying one, this or Grey Hulk and Sinestro my be the one to get the axe.

If I had the choice good call unless you have the companion piece GL. They would look swell together.

I'm thinking your going to regret that decision. Low edition size, wait list already closed. This thing is going to jump in price like the GL ex.

I'm thinking your going to regret that decision. Low edition size, wait list already closed. This thing is going to jump in price like the GL ex.

Yeah but if you have to choose and you like them both value means nothing. You buy what your happy with in the end.

Yeah but if you have to choose and you like them both value means nothing. You buy what your happy with in the end.

I get what your saying and with the reg your right, but if it hits GL prices you can sell it and double your money and basically get the other statue for free. This hobby is expensive, and if your the guy that has to choose between two statues you love, then it pays to use your brain more than your heart in your purchases.

Keep sinestro ex. reg construct is huge at almost 35 inches doesn't fit in a besta and ex sinestro corps construct looks awesome and probably will fit. Grey hulk is nice but the ex i just a orange shirt and at 550 i'd wait and see if its hollow or solid.

I have GL so sinestro is a must for the set.

I get what your saying and with the reg your right, but if it hits GL prices you can sell it and double your money and basically get the other statue for free. This hobby is expensive, and if your the guy that has to choose between two statues you love, then it pays to use your brain more than your heart in your purchases.

I know and understand that. I have been down that road trying to make a buck and unless the sale is local it was the most stressful/ nail biting transaction I ever made. I have come to grips that making money in this hobby does not warrant the headache in my experience. That's not to say making money isn't motivation for some but I am just painting the other side of the picture you see.

Keep sinestro ex. reg construct is huge at almost 35 inches doesn't fit in a besta and ex sinestro corps construct looks awesome and probably will fit. Grey hulk is nice but the ex i just a orange shirt and at 550 i'd wait and see if its hollow or solid.

I have GL so sinestro is a must for the set.

Dude, EVERYTHING SSC releases is hollow...the hulks are no different...

Someone had to bust up their red hulk and he was hollow. Anyway Sinestro would be my first choice

Depends on the statue I'd say. I busted up my Hellboy and his torso was hollow but his arms and legs were solid and the legs had metal bars running through them.

Is it just me, or does sinestro kind of look like Hitler? And the power of fear thing is no coincidence.

Looks more like Vincent Price, nazi party didnt wear yellow

Dont know what you mean by milartistic. If anything his character is more like Darth Vader

Back