Premium Format Sinestro Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sound slike such an old fart discussion.

"Comics today...pssssshhh... Let me tell you, back in my day, son..."

There has been some really great stuff from Marvel Now: Avengers, New Avengers, Superior Spiderman, Thor God of Thunder (which is the best Thor run... well, maybe ever), All New X-Men, Avengers Arena and more.

New 52 also did some great stuff: Wonder Woman (has not been this good since Perez), Snyder's Batman, Tomasi on Batman & Robin, Aquaman, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, I even like Suicide Squad and Justice League most of the time.

So quit whining and read the good stuff, or admit you are getting to old for this.

Agree. Comic books are for fun. Not hardcore literature.

And you just set the medium back 35 years after writers and artists worked decades to get it taken seriously. Thanks.
I really have no clue what you mean by that..... I read 15 different books monthly and I support the "medium". Not sit on the internet and complain about how horrible they are.

I really have no clue what you mean by that..... I read 15 different books monthly and I support the "medium". Not sit on the internet and complain about how horrible they are.
15...is that supposed to impress me? What I mean by that, is that writers and artists have been trying to get comics looked at as a serious form of art and literature for decades. They've tried to shed the "just a funny book" image that they've been given since the 50's and Seduction of the Innocent nearly destroyed the medium. Comics can be fun, they can also be serious, thrilling, captivating, heartbreaking and any other adjective you can use to describe literature.

15...is that supposed to impress me? What I mean by that, is that writers and artists have been trying to get comics looked at as a serious form of art and literature for decades. They've tried to shed the "just a funny book" image that they've been given since the 50's and Seduction of the Innocent nearly destroyed the medium. Comics can be fun, they can also be serious, thrilling, captivating, heartbreaking and any other adjective you can use to describe literature.
Nope.... You called me out kind sir.

Can't wait for this statue of my favorite picture book villain!!!

This sound slike such an old fart discussion.

"Comics today...pssssshhh... Let me tell you, back in my day, son..."

There has been some really great stuff from Marvel Now: Avengers, New Avengers, Superior Spiderman, Thor God of Thunder (which is the best Thor run... well, maybe ever), All New X-Men, Avengers Arena and more.

New 52 also did some great stuff: Wonder Woman (has not been this good since Perez), Snyder's Batman, Tomasi on Batman & Robin, Aquaman, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, I even like Suicide Squad and Justice League most of the time.

So quit whining and read the good stuff, or admit you are getting to old for this.

The discussion wasn't nearly as bad as you made it out to be... I like some of the books on your list (Superior, New Avengers, Batman, Batman & Robin) but consider that not everybody likes what you like ("quit whining and read the good stuff").

I thought Avengers Arena was pure crap to kill teenage characters I enjoyed reading in shock style and now that the book is dead the story carries no lasting weight...except some of the characters I enjoyed aren't currently available. All New X-Men has absolutely nothing significant in it and when X-Men gets rebooted again it won't have the lasting impact of 80s Claremont, Morrison, Whedon, etc. I only follow a handful of New 52 books and very much enjoy them but even in some of the books I enjoy some of the revised character histories are horrible.

But it makes absolutely no sense why anybody would have to admit their too (not "to") old for this since in general, reading comics can be for any age and not everybody has to like everything.

Agree. Comic books are for fun. Not hardcore literature.

They're for any message the creative team wants to convey. There's a need for mindless fun but there's also a need for comics that explore real themes and issues, and there's plenty of good reads with heavier subject matter for those that want to find them (usually not DC or Marvel). What makes hardcore literature different from some comics? Format and Pictures.

But I came here to see pictures of Sinestro...

On a different note, they still haven't updated the coming soon section with Sinestro Exclusive and Sinestro Regular. It's still just Sinestro Regular.

On a different note, they still haven't updated the coming soon section with Sinestro Exclusive and Sinestro Regular. It's still just Sinestro Regular.

Last week I thought the omission of the EX may have been an error. But now....

Wonder if we're going to get a push back notice for last flexpay again.

So we got the email Nov 25 saying that Sinestro was ready and waiting to be loaded on a ship to head to sideshows warehouse and that they would have them late December/January. Well December is pretty much finished and we still don't have an email giving us a heads up that it will be in their warehouse within so many days. So are we looking at a February ship or is sideshow gonna skip the formalities and go straight to a "Your card will be charged within 48 hours".

I'd like to think that he'll be coming soon as it's been a month for it to get loaded and cross the Pacific but the lack of a warehouse heads up email at this point is disconcerting.

So we got the email Nov 25 saying that Sinestro was ready and waiting to be loaded on a ship to head to sideshows warehouse and that they would have them late December/January. Well December is pretty much finished and we still don't have an email giving us a heads up that it will be in their warehouse within so many days. So are we looking at a February ship or is sideshow gonna skip the formalities and go straight to a "Your card will be charged within 48 hours".

I'd like to think that he'll be coming soon as it's been a month for it to get loaded and cross the Pacific but the lack of a warehouse heads up email at this point is disconcerting.

I still never got that email; I'm a flex payer & have the EX on order.
My last flex is scheduled for the 10th so I'm hoping he'll finally come out this month - usually I get the 'your flex schedule has been changed' by the beginning of the month so I guess I'll know soon.

SS has made comments on the other forum that there has been substantial port delays this month. Many items that should have already shipped out are still in port. Maybe this is one of them?

Back