Premium Format Sinestro Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those that didn't hear, apparently DC is cancelling Green Lantern Corps, New Guardians, and Red Lanterns. Last issues will be in March. Green Lantern and Sinestro are still kicking around though.

I'm pretty pissed about this.

For those that didn't hear, apparently DC is cancelling Green Lantern Corps, New Guardians, and Red Lanterns. Last issues will be in March. Green Lantern and Sinestro are still kicking around though.

I was wondering when the GL train would run out of steam

I'm not too heartbroken over New Guardians but GLC was good and Red Lanterns was great. Guy is my favourite GL/RL so it makes me wonder if they're gonna bring him back to the GLC or if he'll continue to lead the reds and show up in comics maybe once a year.

AHHHHHHHHHH. I love Green Lantern Corp.
I'm glad they're at least letting Sinestro stay.

I read on Facebook that DC is doing a huge event next year that might be bringing back the original universe

That just might keep me collecting comics. Honestly, I'm not far away from just dumping them all together. New 52 and the Marvel Now books just ain't cutting it for me.

I read on Facebook that DC is doing a huge event next year that might be bringing back the original universe

I've only read a bit about this event, but it sounds like the event will allow them to cherry pick the content they want to keep from any era, and essentially reboot.

DC is cancelling a bunch of stuff in March leading up to Convergence in April and May. I'm sure they'll have new GL books ready in June once Convergence is done. They're probably hoping to make June be a big jumping-on point for the New 52 like Marvel does with Marvel NOW every year.

This sound slike such an old fart discussion.

"Comics today...pssssshhh... Let me tell you, back in my day, son..."

There has been some really great stuff from Marvel Now: Avengers, New Avengers, Superior Spiderman, Thor God of Thunder (which is the best Thor run... well, maybe ever), All New X-Men, Avengers Arena and more.

New 52 also did some great stuff: Wonder Woman (has not been this good since Perez), Snyder's Batman, Tomasi on Batman & Robin, Aquaman, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, I even like Suicide Squad and Justice League most of the time.

So quit whining and read the good stuff, or admit you are getting to old for this.

There has been some really great stuff from Marvel Now: Avengers, New Avengers, Superior Spiderman, Thor God of Thunder (which is the best Thor run... well, maybe ever), All New X-Men, Avengers Arena and more.

New 52 also did some great stuff: Wonder Woman (has not been this good since Perez), Snyder's Batman, Tomasi on Batman & Robin, Aquaman, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, I even like Suicide Squad and Justice League most of the time.

So quit whining and read the good stuff, or admit you are getting to old for this.
Or maybe we just don't like mediocre crap slopped inbetween a cover for $3.99

I would agree. I think there has been some really good stuff within the last five years. Actually...when I go back to read older stuff I find it difficult to read and not as good as I remembered

The prices are getting more and more ridiculous, especially as Marvel is starting to drift towards $4.99 books more and more. But both companies have a lot of great books now. It's just getting to the point where trade-waiting is more sensible than buying monthly.

I would agree. I think there has been some really good stuff within the last five years. Actually...when I go back to read older stuff I find it difficult to read and not as good as I remembered
Depends on how far you go back. I think pretty much everything DC and Marvel did from 2001 to 2007 was pretty amazing. I felt Final crisis and after is Where DC slipped and went down hill, and about the time of brand new day and world war hulks is where marvel started to jump the shark.

Could not disagree more. Nu52, Its ALL NEW, ALL DIFFERENT, Except not really. Oh and were going to retell the same origins but with a twist! No trunks on superman! Ta dah! Also, they eff'ed up the Amazons excuse me, slave traders in Wonder Woman.

Marvel Now, utter crap. Thor, I mean Thordis (except well call her Thor), Hawkeye started good then turned to crap. Were on what, reboot #5 for most titles now. But you think Avengers Arena is good reading...so...

Back