silver surfer comiquette!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Want to see Steve put pajamas on the Silver Surfer from SSC so it looks amazing!!!! :rock

heh heh.. does it ever end?

Can't wait to see that! :rock :rock :rock :rock

3005561931_381da25b8b.jpg

Nope not yet, got an e-mail saying they would be charging my cc on the 1st but no shipping notice yet.

The biggest problem on this piece for me was all 3 faces on this sculpt don't work for me. This is why I never get excited by a Tony C sculpt anymore. Namor, Surfer comiquettes, and Abomination PF head sculpts are weak to me.

Bowen did a GREAT job on these characters. SS just needs to step it's game up. I don't say this as a Bowen fan. I love both companies. I collect from both. However, I do find myself liking Bowens sculpts more. Not all of them, but far too many.

I'm not a particularly huge fan of Tony C either. In addition to those you mentioned, I believe he also sculpted the Bowen Mary Jane, the DC Direct Power Girl Huntress dio, and a few others I wasn't too crazy about either. However, I thought his Bowen Falcon and Dark Horse Buck Rogers statue looked good.

If Bowen invested in better paint applications, like Moore and Sideshow, I think the company would enjoy even greater success. While both companies have released grails and duds, I feel a greater sense of confidence in Sideshow's choice of factories to apply the paint.

^^^ These two statues are what got me into Bowen stuff in the first place. Still the best representations of these characters in this meduim IMO.

Back