silver surfer comiquette!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's nothing but Hot Toys to match the Bowen's if I get one and they are well articulated. :lecture

Last edited:
Cancel SS and get the Bowens.

Aficionado, those Surfers look great! I have all 3 pieces as well. I even went so far as to have my action Surfer cosmic chromed. These are still the BEST Surfer statues out there. I haven't seen anyone sculpt the Surfer as well as Randy does.

Or this pose
25g43te.jpg

I ended up canceling yesterday after having blown my load a a comic show this weekend. Now I'm glad I did. This piece is a bit dissapointing and the price isn't justified.

Bowen action surfer = WIN

Sideshow surfer = LOL :lol:rotfl:lol

Sorry Bowen haters but your beloved Sideshow does NOT always get it right. ;)

They could have canceled all those change-o-parts, sculpt it better and sell it cheaper.
Highly disappointing to me. SS is one of my most beloved character.

I do still like this piece but I do think the seams are a bit distracting, but i still think it is a nice piece. The seams at the neck makes him look abit like Jim Carey in The MASK. can anyone do a photo shop on one of the snaps and make the face green and you will see what i mean.

Or this pose
25g43te.jpg

I used to own one of these, the 30th Anniversary statue. I believe they were actually coated in silver. Pretty cool piece and definitely a better pose than SS, although I always felt the hands were a bit large.

Well just tried to cancel mine but it has already been shipped. Really hope it looks good in hand. Silver Surfer is one of my favorite characters and I really was looking forward to this piece.

zone23 so do you like it or do you wish you would have passed and kept your money?

Wow I didn't know my Surfer pics could cause such a huge bashing of the statue from you guys. I have to admit, my pics are pretty bad and doesn't really reflect well on the actual statue.

Dispite some of the obvious flaws on this statue (neck seams & awkward pose), the positives far outweighs the negative.

For starters, this statue is pretty BIG and HEAVY! Totally dwafts Bowen's SS if size does matter to u. The surf board itself spans across 2feet and looks very dynamic with surfer on it. What I really like about the base is the fluid cosmic dust that sparkles with a fanit translucent purple look.

Even though the seams looks bad, I had lots of fun switching the hands and heads for the many different looks which I feel is pretty versatile for different displays with other statues.

Last but not least, the paint isn't half as bad.. its pretty similar to the paint on Bowen Action FS and if you chrome it, im sure it will look fantastic!

So back to the question, do I regret getting it? NOT at all! Although its not the best from Sideshow, its not even close to the "fails" of others (Bullseye EX head, Emma Frost PF head etc). At the end of the day, its a character that I really love and a necessity in my collection (slowly building a FF 1/4 display.. NOW wheres the DOOM PF IM LOOKING FOR??!!:slap)

33y2u7s.jpg

Weird. Aside from the fact that I don't like the screaming/angry head, I think the statue looks fantastic in that pic. It's gonna look great next to the other Marvel heavyweights. Don't understand the hate for this one :dunno

Still going to wait for in hand for final review, but the more I see photos of the heads, it looks like one is about to cry and the other with the teeth, each tooth individually sculpted and gums showing looks funny (I keep seeing Butthead) the same reason that it's a no-no in comics to draw each individual tooth, you draw them implied.

Back