silver surfer comiquette!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a shame after how much was spent to get Silver Surfer chromed, that the back foot doesn't sit flush on the board

upage5eq.jpg
[/QUOTE]

8aze5u4y.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
It was retail price 2 years after it released... people had plenty of time to nab this. It was straight up panned when it came out.

Nice. you know what I always thought should be a $1,000 piece but isn't is the Mystique PF in black outfit. Old old premium format. Like one of the first and it's amazing. I mean if Ms Marvel and Psylocke can then. . .

It was retail price 2 years after it released... people had plenty of time to nab this. It was straight up panned when it came out.

Yea I'm new to the SS game. Collected Bowen and Gentle Giant for years. But ever since getting my first 1/4 statue, I've been all about the larger scsle pieces.

Nice. you know what I always thought should be a $1,000 piece but isn't is the Mystique PF in black outfit. Old old premium format. Like one of the first and it's amazing. I mean if Ms Marvel and Psylocke can then. . .

Not to take away from this thread and this great Surfer piece... but to me the one that gets the least love is the Thing EX. I got it for practically price two years ago. To me it stands out in my vast collection. Just an iconic look and both faces are great. And those ever lovin' blue eyes....

The Things is steadily increasing. Many years ago I remember you could get him for around $200 and ssc had him in stock for what seemed like 3-4years.
Now he's pushing up near $700+, in a few more years he'll be 1k+ you watch.:lecture

The Things is steadily increasing. Many years ago I remember you could get him for around $200 and ssc had him in stock for what seemed like 3-4years.
Now he's pushing up near $700+, in a few more years he'll be 1k+ you watch.:lecture

This was definitely an underrated piece. I never got around to getting one, but it's certainly worthy.

He has sold for over a Grand more than a few times on Ebay already.

Just now getting around to photographing this beast. This one isn't in the best of shape. There's a slight bend to the board, which suggests that it was pulled from the mold too early. It made the foot pegs difficult to get in, but they did go in with a good deal of effort. There's also a blemish on the paint on top of the board from where it rubbed against the styrofoam in shipping. And the Power Cosmic effect broke off of the right hand (along with four of the fingers) when I carelessly shifted his position on the shelf. Despite all of the issues, I really dig it. Wife hates it, but she hates everything in that room. :lol

36474166494_91dfe721ff_k.jpg

Congrats he's really a good statue. I thought all the boards were slightly bent mines like that too.

This is actually the second time that I've owned one, and my first board was straight as an arrow. Sorry to have given that one up, you know? But this one is fine.

Didn't really like a lot – the perspective, the composition, the contrast, etc. – about the first image, so I went back out to the studio and tried something else. I think this is better in every way.

37160227562_454f706652_k.jpg

Last edited:
Back