silver surfer comiquette!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the EX. It is a cool looking statue. However, I still think the Bowen action and museum Surfers are the best statues of the character. If you can overlook the exposed seams on the Com, it is a very unique take on the character. Also, the switch out options on this piece are plentiful. You actually get to basically create the Surfer statue you want with his switch out arms and heads. It's a big piece with lots of presence. I don't think you'll see another from SSC anytime soon.

I have the EX. It is a cool looking statue. However, I still think the Bowen action and museum Surfers are the best statues of the character. If you can overlook the exposed seams on the Com, it is a very unique take on the character. Also, the switch out options on this piece are plentiful. You actually get to basically create the Surfer statue you want with his switch out arms and heads. It's a big piece with lots of presence. I don't think you'll see another from SSC anytime soon.

Thanks for the advice! If the Bowen ones are better i will not spend $700 to get this! Cheers.

Thanks for the advice! If the Bowen ones are better i will not spend $700 to get this! Cheers.

IMO, they are better. Randy has a very good grasp of the character. That's not knocking any other Surfer statue but Randy just has a way about the Surfer character in particular. All of his Surfer statues are stunning. I own the BD painted and chrome museum statues as well as the action one. I even had the BD action Surfer chromed. If I was forced to sell any of my Surfer statues, the Com would be the first to go. Again, this is just my opinion. Not everyone shares it.

Having said all that, don't think for a minute that the Com isn't a nice statue. I'm glad I own it because it is an impressive piece. However, I picked up my EX at retail. I can't say that I would spend $700 on this piece if I didn't already have it.

I love the SS com I just wish it came with that custom paint job
I seen on here.

You mean the chrome one? Yes, that's very nice, but for some reason I have never thought if SS being chrome. I would like to see a glossy silver, similar to the original colour, but with some Green Lantern pop!

I had the SS Comiquette for almost three years and sold it two months ago. I'm glad I did.

Imo it looked great from a certain angle, not so much from others. The pose always looked awkward to me, I didn't like that to properly see his body you had to pose him looking away, I didn't like that his head seemed too small (don't believe me? Put his own open hand next to his head and see for yourselves how it covers up all of it), I didn't like his excessive tiptoeing and I hated the neck seam with a passion. (The ones in the arms didn't bother me.)

I did love the paint job, though, and the concept was nice but I was never a fan of the execution - I thought the upper body was overly arched, with the legs dominating all. I get what they were going for, but, I don't know, his 'verticality', for lack of a better word, always seemed forced to me. It never felt like a balanced statue in my view. Not sure why, but I feel the same about other Cipriano sculpts. Something in the way he sometimes makes them 'bend' their torsos and place them in a diagonal line away from the viewer just doesn't click with me.

So, a huge space-hogging statue that I only found meh was always going to be a candidate to leave, until I made up my mind, and I do not regret it at all.

I only kept it all this time because the Silver Surfer is such an iconic character, but if you don't love a piece and always grimace when you look at it, what's the point? I still want a 1:4 Silver Surfer, but this one just wasn't for me. I'd love for someone to do one standing up and holding his board.

Is it me or does she have her shirt tucked into her underwear? Or is she indeed wearing 2 lots of knickers? Could this be a fashion faux pas or something that we'll all be doing this summer? :dunno

:lol

Just seen the vid was posted a few pages back. I knew i should have checked. :slap

:lol

Just seen the vid was posted a few pages back. I knew i should have checked. :slap

What do you think Jay? Is it her shirt thats got caught in her underwear or the classic look of "i am gonna wear 2 pairs of underwear just to make sure nothing can be seen from the outside"? :lol

and also are you a fan of the 2 pairs of knickers over the top of each other look? :lol

Back