silver surfer comiquette!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not convinced this is true 1/4 scale. Even allowing for the arched back pose he is shorter than most Marvel PF's.

The piece is absolutely in scale with the other Marvel 1:4. You can take the detachable arms and put them up to the Captain America PF and they are the same size and length. Infec, you must not own the piece to doubt it is 1:4 scale, because it is huge. It has it's own share of issues though, (Cipriano doesn't seem to understand relative scale in the same sculpt).

The piece is absolutely in scale with the other Marvel 1:4. You can take the detachable arms and put them up to the Captain America PF and they are the same size and length. Infec, you must not own the piece to doubt it is 1:4 scale, because it is huge. It has it's own share of issues though, (Cipriano doesn't seem to understand relative scale in the same sculpt).

I do own it, I posted pictures early in this thread. The best I can measure Surfer to be is 18" (more like 17.5") but he should be 19" at true 1/4. His arm might be close to Caps in size, but hold his arm up to Thor and his fist ends at Thors wrist. The length of the arms has little to do with height. At the end of the day it is a sculpture, scale of things can be off on a lot of things to suit the aesthetic and two people the same height won't necessarily have the same length arms. I just think he looks and is shorter than he should be.

Yeah, I have to agree. When I put him next to the other 1/4 pieces I own it holds up very well against them. It sure looks every bit 1/4 scale to me.

Thinking of selling my Silver Surfer, and using the cash towards the Joker PF. Any idea what sort of price I should be putting it up for?

Ebay has a completed listings section. It tells you what a piece has sold for in the last 15 days I believe. It's a good tool to try and determine what the market for your statue is. An Ex just sold on ebay for $499.99 on Aug 31st. That's actually a little high. Most of the ones I have seen go for retail or slightly higher. That seller may have just got lucky. Good luck securing the Joker PF. It looks amazing.

Yeah, I have to agree. When I put him next to the other 1/4 pieces I own it holds up very well against them. It sure looks every bit 1/4 scale to me.

I kinda wanted this to go with my other Comiquettes and I was going to get a Hulk on the After Market too (although the price on him is getting ridiculous.) Will he not fit with the other Comiquettes I have?

I kinda wanted this to go with my other Comiquettes and I was going to get a Hulk on the After Market too (although the price on him is getting ridiculous.) Will he not fit with the other Comiquettes I have?

Which Hulk do you plan on picking up? The PF or the comiquette? If you are picking up the PF you will have no problem with scale. If you are picking up the com, then the Surfer will look bigger than you would like next to him. I purchased the Surfer to pair up with Thanos and it just doesn't look quite right. Thanos should be every bit as big as the Surfer but he is actually smaller. I have the Surfer on a shelf with the Spidey and Venom Com. He fits right in scale wise. Since SSC won't standardize it's comiquette scale, these are the problems you will run into. It's a real shame that ALL coms aren't 1/4 scale. I could even live with them all being 1/5 scale if I really had to. However, the mixing of scales in this line is a real pain in the ass.

He's roughly 1/4 scale. Not inch for inch accurate but he is a 1/4 6ft or so person. In the comics Norrin is around 6'4. So its not toooo far off.

Which Hulk do you plan on picking up? The PF or the comiquette? If you are picking up the PF you will have no problem with scale. If you are picking up the com, then the Surfer will look bigger than you would like next to him. I purchased the Surfer to pair up with Thanos and it just doesn't look quite right. Thanos should be every bit as big as the Surfer but he is actually smaller. I have the Surfer on a shelf with the Spidey and Venom Com. He fits right in scale wise. Since SSC won't standardize it's comiquette scale, these are the problems you will run into. It's a real shame that ALL coms aren't 1/4 scale. I could even live with them all being 1/5 scale if I really had to. However, the mixing of scales in this line is a real pain in the ass.

Yeah I was going to get the Comiquette Hulk and Silver Surfer to go with my Punisher, Daredevil and Ghost Rider. Figured I'd only need a Thor and Cap then to have all my favorite marvel Characters and I could quit and Focus on other lines.

Yeah I was going to get the Comiquette Hulk and Silver Surfer to go with my Punisher, Daredevil and Ghost Rider. Figured I'd only need a Thor and Cap then to have all my favorite marvel Characters and I could quit and Focus on other lines.

Yeah, the Hulk com is great. I love the rage and motion to that piece. I would definitely pick that up. What you intend for your collection is pretty much what I want to do with mine. Besides the ones you mentioned, I will be picking up a few more of the X-MEN coms as well. Love me some mutants! Waiting for the Cap and Thor com is killing me. I passed on the PFs because I'm not a fan of the cloth costumes. I thought for sure with the Cap and Thor movie coming out we would get at least one classic Cap or Thor com. The wait continues. :impatient:

Yeah, the Hulk com is great. I love the rage and motion to that piece. I would definitely pick that up. What you intend for your collection is pretty much what I want to do with mine. Besides the ones you mentioned, I will be picking up a few more of the X-MEN coms as well. Love me some mutants! Waiting for the Cap and Thor com is killing me. I passed on the PFs because I'm not a fan of the cloth costumes. I thought for sure with the Cap and Thor movie coming out we would get at least one classic Cap or Thor com. The wait continues. :impatient:

Yeah I passed on the PF's because I missed them, and the aftermarket on PF's can be unkind on the wallet, especially the Doom PF. If they Do a Com on him I'd get that as well.

With the DC PF's starting I'm not going to miss those but if I'm still getting Comiquettes I'm afraid I may have to make sacrifices. We'll see.

I traded my hulk comiquette for a BD T-800 1:1 bust

Back