Silver or Nah? Poll on HT's Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which of you prefer the paint apps on HT's Robocop 1/6th figure?

• I love the paint apps, no complaints here.

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • Too bright for me, too reflective, inaccurate, and just hate it.

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Don't care either way, and just want it in hand now!

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters
The figure pops and the color looks great in hand. No complaints.

15281387484_bb728e0db0_b.jpg

15877837776_b207e19344_b.jpg

15902819422_ddf863d7d4_b.jpg

Yours would be among the better pics. He needs darker reflections on his armour as yours has.

I see. I guess my house lighting is just right then cause mine looks just like the pics on my detolf shelf. Not too much silver at all with purple and blue hues bouncing off the armor. I love it.

Your figure, DA, might be the best I've seen, paint-, production- and pic-wise.

That's how mine looks, when I pulled him out of the box I could of sworn I had the prototype then I opened up the shades on my window and bam! But then I could see purple and blue throughout the whole body, but you have to turn it in certain angles to see, its like a holigram card or something.

I got mine in yesterday, paint looks great to me. It does seem like the chest is more silver than the rest, but it all has that purple/blue tinge to it.

Love the figure, hate that they made him silver instead of gun-metal grey. Could have and would have been the definitive Robocop figure.

What I bought versus what I got:

robocomparison.jpg

Love the figure, hate that they made him silver instead of gun-metal grey. Could have and would have been the definitive Robocop figure.

What I bought versus what I got:

View attachment 149568

So to the guy on the fence (me) as to the BD version, this version or future RB2 version what would you say? I love Robocop. I do think he deserves a spot in my HT collection.

So to the guy on the fence (me) as to the BD version, this version or future RB2 version what would you say? I love Robocop. I do think he deserves a spot in my HT collection.
I would say that this is the Robocop to have...for now. I don't know that a RB2 will ever come and quite frankly I wouldn't be interested in a movie-accurate version of that figure anyhow. The Battle-damaged Robocop has enough dirt and grime to subdue the silver, but that figure is at least a year away and I'm not convinced they'll actually be able to do that prototype's paint job justice in the production figure. If it turns out looking just like the prototype then yeah, that'll be the figure to get.

All good points, alyd. I agree that the kind of collector a person is should play a factor. I only have a few figures in my collection that I would describe as permanent entries, and the rest of my collection has kind of been in permanent rotation. I waited 550 days for this Robocop (and Sideshow had already taken my NRD), so I wasn't about to cancel it on account of the paint. But I'm the kind of collector that would be happy to sell him and replace him down the road should a better figure come along.

But if a person is looking to buy just one Robocop figure that'll last them their entire life, and they're willing to wait, then yeah I'd say wait.

The figure checks off more positives than negatives, especially to the common folk we surround ourselves with of which will see the figure more than any 'freak' will.

Does it look like RoboCop - Yes

Is it a beautiful figure, a 'eye catcher' - Yes

Does it look and feel premium - Yes

Does your significant other like it - Shiny things MMMM! (she likes it more than other, more accurate figures...except Jack Sparrow.)

Questions and answers for 'common folk'.

"Do you see anything wrong with it though? 'No why, is there something wrong with it, is it broken or something?" "No it isn't broken." "Then what do you mean?" "Does the color look off to you? "No not at all, I think it looks great! Nice and shiny, I really like this one!" "Ok then, thanks". "Do you wanna hear it talk?"

"It talks too!?"

My ten pence on that, is that there's always another figure. Just depends how long term you are.

The other day someone in the thread for this figure said they'd be happy if the rubber parts lasted ten years. For many of us (especially those who have to pay even more to import) that's just totally unacceptable.

At these prices I'd feel swindled if a figure crumbled in so short a time.

Add to that, Hot Toys themselves have only been around 15 years. RoboCop has been with us for 28.

There will be other versions.

So if people are just collecting HT short term and want to fill their cabinets, great. Enjoy this.

But if you're a fan of the movies and don't want HT (or anyone else's best guess) I think the wait is still on.

We came very close with the HT, the Enterbay and the forthcoming Pop Culture Shock piece. They are the most accurate RoboCop items, along with the Fred Barton 1:1's.

But, nobody has yet nailed that paint. It's old news, but I'm happy to do without a premium price RoboCop until that paint is like it is in the movie. Your mileage may vary and I don't say that to rain on anyone's parade - I'm not grumpy about it, I think the current wave of Robo stuff is great :)

In its 28 years no one has nailed it, I'm not waiting 28 more for someone to even come close, I'll enjoy what I got while you have nothing which is the reality of it. That's kinda sad, but I'm glad you are saving money in the long run.

Back