Silver or Nah? Poll on HT's Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which of you prefer the paint apps on HT's Robocop 1/6th figure?

• I love the paint apps, no complaints here.

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • Too bright for me, too reflective, inaccurate, and just hate it.

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Don't care either way, and just want it in hand now!

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters
Anyone who recently got this figure care to weigh in?

It is too silver, and it's reflective surface is way too sensitive to light. It's not as bad in hand compared to photos posted. It just needed a glossier paint app, and a more subdued surface.

Yeah the paint IS a bit off. A few shades too bright of a silver. But I'm by no means letting it ruin my enjoyment of this. Even with the slightly inaccurate paint it is still hands down the best Robocop figure ever produced I think. And there have certainly been PLENTY of crappy Robo figures over the years...

Yeah the paint IS a bit off. A few shades too bright of a silver. But I'm by no means letting it ruin my enjoyment of this. Even with the slightly inaccurate paint it is still hands down the best Robocop figure ever produced I think. And there have certainly been PLENTY of crappy Robo figures over the years...

:goodpost::exactly:

Hmm, I can't go with any of those options really. I think the paint is too bright and reflective but by no means do I hate it. I think it's a beautiful paintjob, albeit not as ideal as I would like. It doesn't ruin the figure for me though.

Yep, now that I have the figure in hand, I pretty much agree with all of this. Hate is too strong a word for it. Disappointed, maybe? So no vote from me. Sorry, PC. ;)

Yep, now that I have the figure in hand, I pretty much agree with all of this. Hate is too strong a word for it. Disappointed, maybe? So no vote from me. Sorry, PC. ;)

Hmmm I guess I'm the only one that isn't bothered by the paint, really. I know the real suit was green with film used to make it look metal, so to duplicate that, on top of all the different suits used for every scene I don't think the color will ever be duplicated, at least with this version because of its bright surface you can use different lights to replicate scenes in the movie, what other robo can you say that about?

Hmmm I guess I'm the only one that isn't bothered by the paint, really. I know the real suit was green with film used to make it look metal, so to duplicate that, on top of all the different suits used for every scene I don't think the color will ever be duplicated, at least with this version because of its bright surface you can use different lights to replicate scenes in the movie, what other robo can you say that about?

I hate trotting out the con pics, because by now the horse is nothing more than bones and pulpy mush, but HT pretty much nailed the look and feel of the movie right here. If the color was not duplicated to a T, it came pretty damn close.

I mean, look at the reflection on that helmet! That pasty, sickly skin tone. This is about as close to perfection as it gets in the 1/6 business.

The question is - why wasn't this done in production? Was it an inability to reproduce this on a massive scale? Was it too expensive? Or did HT simply mess it up?

betterrobo1.jpg

I hate trotting out the con pics, because by now the horse is nothing more than bones and pulpy mush, but HT pretty much nailed the look and feel of the movie right here. If the color was not duplicated to a T, it was pretty damn close. I mean, look at the reflection on that helmet!

The question is - why wasn't this done in production? Was it simply too expensive? Was it an inability to reproduce this on a massive scale? Or did HT simply mess it up?

View attachment 146915

Protos are done up by HT's pro artists, Factory workers will never be able to achieve certain things those artists can do. most Headsculpts are always dulled down, just how it is

Yeah, I get it. But to miss by that much? SMH.

Maybe they had people in their ear just like you guys are chirping about the darker color, telling them that the dark color is wrong and they went with what what we got now wish I could tell you, but I'm not in the know.

I feel sorry for the guys that cancelled this awesome piece of art. The paint is not bad at all, but what really makes this special is the sculpt. When you get a certain pose right, he looks like taken straight from the movie.
What bothers me is that his face looks like he has been on the beach a little too much this summer.

I feel sorry for the guys that cancelled this awesome piece of art. The paint is not bad at all, but what really makes this special is the sculpt. When you get a certain pose right, he looks like taken straight from the movie.
What bothers me is that his face looks like he has been on the beach a little too much this summer.

Someone mentioned that it could be that its because its to bright of a paint job that makes it seem darker than it is, in reality its the same darkness as the EB one. They have the same flesh tone.

I'm really happy with the figure. Sometimes these figures get picked apart to the point of absurdity. He looks good on my shelf, QC issues, and he's not blue--I can't ask for anything more.

I'm really happy with the figure. Sometimes these figures get picked apart to the point of absurdity. He looks good on my shelf, QC issues, and he's not blue--I can't ask for anything more.

Whilst I agree sometimes we can pick apart figures to the point of absurdity its justified in this case because its Robocop. We've been waiting for this figure for a long time and what was promised (promo pics and comic con pics) was not delivered. I'm not expecting perfection because you never get that in life but messing up the colour has really put a downer on this figure. Being that shiny silver colour its just not Robocop for me.

Whilst I agree sometimes we can pick apart figures to the point of absurdity its justified in this case because its Robocop. We've been waiting for this figure for a long time and what was promised (promo pics and comic con pics) was not delivered. I'm not expecting perfection because you never get that in life but messing up the colour has really put a downer on this figure. Being that shiny silver colour its just not Robocop for me.

I understand some people aren't happy with the color but it's not like it doesn't look like Robocop. I'd be disappointed if it was chrome or some other ridiculous color. The silver doesn't bother me because it has some highlights of other colors in it. Some people are acting like this is shiny chrome and an abomination. It's an awesome figure and a great representation to me.

I understand some people aren't happy with the color but it's not like it doesn't look like Robocop. I'd be disappointed if it was chrome or some other ridiculous color. The silver doesn't bother me because it has some highlights of other colors in it. Some people are acting like this is shiny chrome and an abomination. It's an awesome figure and a great representation to me.

Agreed! Hence the nit picking to absurdity, in person there is way more purple then is given credit for it, for example. I don't think a camera can capture those purples and even blues, you can only catch it in the right light, and its all over the whole body. Totally a figure you need to hold in hand to see how good it is!

Back