Silver or Nah? Poll on HT's Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which of you prefer the paint apps on HT's Robocop 1/6th figure?

• I love the paint apps, no complaints here.

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • Too bright for me, too reflective, inaccurate, and just hate it.

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Don't care either way, and just want it in hand now!

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters

PopCollector

Super Freak
Reaction score
Which of you are ok with the paint application being to reflective and which of you just think its bloody murder on HT's part? Just curious.

"too reflective"?

I just watched the bonus features yesterday and they mention how they used waxes and polishes to make the suit shiny and pick up multiple light sources...

shiny and too reflective would be accurate ...

164897914_78f_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Hmm, I can't go with any of those options really. I think the paint is too bright and reflective but by no means do I hate it. I think it's a beautiful paintjob, albeit not as ideal as I would like. It doesn't ruin the figure for me though.

Hmm, I can't go with any of those options really. I think the paint is too bright and reflective but by no means do I hate it. I think it's a beautiful paintjob, albeit not as ideal as I would like. It doesn't ruin the figure for me though.

Hmmm, I guess I should of added a neutral opinion? Damn, but I'm glad to see that more people like it. I thought there would be more hating on how shiny it is .

Really should hold off on the poll till people start getting it in hand. Too early to tell as most are waiting.

I've seen enough pictures and video of the final production piece to determine that the paint job is just too much of a turnoff. I can't justify spending the full retail price. I canceled my order. I may pick it up in the future at a discount.

In hand pictures are a big turn off, although I won't have final judgment until Monday when I get it... I just hope it's not too ugly in person.

Great poll. I think the paintjob ruins the figure. It would be ok if the figure lacked a little detail here and there and the nose was a little off. That I could live with but making the paintjob clearly the wrong colour is a big turnoff for me. You can't look at the figure and not say there's something majorly wrong with it being that colour. If you do your just accepting second best. People are trying to justify it by showing pics and saying 'oh in this light you can see a hint of blue' etc but sorry the bright silver colour is nowhere near the colour seen on film.

HT had the colour right in the prototype shown at the comic con convention but then decided to go with battlestar galactica cylon silver for no good reason for the mass produced figure. As I've been saying its a bait and switch job at its worst and people shouldn't stand for it. Its almost as bad as the ed209 mess up.

Last edited:
Great poll. I think the paintjob ruins the figure. It would be ok if the figure lacked a little detail here and there and the nose was a little off. That I could live with but making the paintjob clearly the wrong colour is a big turnoff for me. You can't look at the figure and not say there's something majorly wrong with it being that colour. If you do your just accepting second best. People are trying to justify it by showing pics and saying 'oh in this light you can see a hint of blue' etc but sorry the bright silver colour is nowhere near the colour seen on film.

HT had the colour right in the prototype shown at the comic con convention but then decided to go with battlestar galactica cylon silver for no good reason for the mass produced figure. As I've been saying its a bait and switch job at its worst and people shouldn't stand for it. Its almost as bad as the ed209 mess up.

Im so agree with you ! I canceled my order because that paint job is insulting my dignity ! Also my ED209 is damaged too .

I'll vote when I get mine in on Monday, but from everything I have seen(pics and videos), I think I'll be voting on the second option. :monkey2

I'll vote when I get mine in on Monday, but from everything I have seen(pics and videos), I think I'll be voting on the second option. :monkey2

Noooo join the dark side...... or is it the bright side? I think you might be surprised when you get him though, and really compare it to past releases and think about the improvements, but thats just my opinion.

Noooo join the dark side...... or is it the bright side? I think you might be surprised when you get him though, and really compare it to past releases and think about the improvements, but thats just my opinion.
In no way will it ruin it for me, I still think is a very niece robo figure

Back