SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mixed a bit of black with a dark red to lay it all out, and then I added more black to the mix to make some drops look fuller than others. None of the blood drops are random. I painted them drop by drop using the poster art as reference. It's not 100% accurate, but it's meant to capture the shot.

Wow, I've missed some beautiful stuff going on in hear since I last checked in. That life sized Indy build was incredibly cool. The Grinch and the 1/4 Jokes are out of this world but for crying out loud... THIS makes me want to get half of my collection repainted :panic:

AmericanPsychoFront.jpg

AmericanPsychoProfile.jpg

AmericanPsychoBloodyPoster.jpg

With flash:
AmericanPsychoBloodyProfilesWithFlash.jpg

Without flash:

AmericanPsychoBloodyProfilesNoFlash.jpg

Joker and both American Psycho heads just blew my mind.

Wow. Amazing work, seriously!

Wow... that bloody Bateman is one of the most realistic looking paint jobs I've seen in 1/6. Even with the sculpted hair it my eyes are tricked into thinking it's the real deal.

Wow! Seriously good!! Must have been nerve wracking applying that blood, but it came out perfect!

I'd say tedious, more than nerve wracking. I didn't actually splatter it on. I painted the blood on drop by drop using the poster for reference. It's actually pretty precisely applied with the same tiny brush I use to detail eyes.

that clean bateman is your finest paintwork yet I'd say Nathan! Just expertly detailed!

I know the bloody sculpt is a marvel too, but I'm even more impressed by the clean one. You managed to squeeze every bit of likeness out of that awesome sculpt. bravo!

That's one of my faves, too.

I'm stoked that you guys are so gaga over Bateman. I'm just glad to have finally had the chance to paint a set after having seen it at FAMcon last year.

Thanks! I will.

Here's something for FAMcon.

Sideshow Poison Ivy Premium Format: paint enhancement

-Eyes repainted
-Makeup adjusted
-Lips repainted
-Skin tinted and shaded
-Boob leaves brightened
-Tights tinted more yellow, given more contrast and depth
-Edges of hair and leaves cleaned up

IvyComparison.jpg

IvyBust.jpg

I wanted her to look a bit more like this poster, but without a full repaint.

168128_9e8b84837ff598809c08694acb70e5f9-d5kc5yd.jpg

Ivy.jpg

IvyBum.jpg

IvyBustnoFlash.jpg

Last edited:
I can't get over the bloody Bateman! I've gone back to this thread 6 times today just to take another look. Outstanding!

That bloody Bateman is ridiculously good. Too good. I thought it looked insane, and then I saw his tongue, and my mind exploded like that dude from Scanners.

Last edited:
Back