SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the funny thing about this sculpt, inhand its spot on, however its very unpredictable when you take pics, there have been a lot of times when some great paints by lots of other members too looked real odd in pictures, but Inhand its impeccable, thats how strong the sculpt is... the paint on mine is not as good as Nathan's but thankfully in this front shot it looks Bale enough

4sd2.jpg

Thanks for sharing that pic... I've noticed before how sometimes this sculpt looks very off; but others it looks spot on. It almost seems like the better the painter and photography, somehow the worse it looks :lol

But I can very clearly see a great looking Bale there.

Thanks for all the compliments, guys. Much appreciated.

Thats the funny thing about this sculpt, inhand its spot on, however its very unpredictable when you take pics, there have been a lot of times when some great paints by lots of other members too looked real odd in pictures, but Inhand its impeccable, thats how strong the sculpt is... the paint on mine is not as good as Nathan's but thankfully in this front shot it looks Bale enough

4sd2.jpg

I agree, the sculpt in person is perfection. It really does depend on lighting and camera angle to photo well though. That pic there captures Bale well.

finally put this head on a body :)

Thanks for the great paint up!

kolchak__the_night_stalker_by_sean_dabbs_fx-d5fy025.jpg

Thank you, Sean, for posting that. He looks great!

Amazing paint, SS - commenting is like Michael Crawford reviewing Hot Toys paint apps (**** every time)!

Though I must say, sculpt-wise, I didn't recognize Christian Bale in that front-on pic (but I don't collect TDK, so what do I know), the side pics I saw it a bit more. As others mentioned, strange how sculpts slip in and out of recognizability depending on angle and lighting.

You are offering up some really nice sculpts Nathan. :clap That Kaylee is still one of my favorites sculpts to paint. Trev brought so much expression to that one and your paint work looks great.

I am definitely sending you my Bale. That's just simply masterful work. It looks like the expression changes with the different lighting.

For sale. PM me

AbigailMachiko01censored.jpg

AbigailMachiko04.jpg

Will include a fully extended spear, open top egg, Alien head shiel without jaw, original Machiko head with forehead scar instead of cheek scar, and some other Machiko hands.

:yess: :blissy

and yet also :panic: as I worry about how I'll justify it to certain watching eyes :banghead

:D
Congrats! Good Catch! :clap we all know who is the No.1 Terminator fanatic here in the boards :D
I wish Nathan was selling some ready painted sculpts/figures of some of my wanted characters! Id gobble them up... though eagerly waiting to receive my first ever SilentSurfer painted sculpt! :yess:

Not just Old Ben, but BIG Ben. I did a repaint of somebody's lifesize T2 bust before, but that was really just paint enhancing. This one was from scratch on a white cast. Turned out pretty well, even without the intrinsic resin cast.

OldBenLifesize.jpg

OldBenLifesizeRightProfile.jpg

OldBenLifesizeLeftProfile.jpg

OldBenLifesizeDVDComparison.jpg

Whoa. That's stunning, man!

When you're used to working at smaller scales, is it hard to shift gears and do something life-sized? (Or bigger?) Do you have to change your tools or techniques to scale up the textures? I'd imagine doing the eyes would be pretty different.

:clap

Back