SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The production paint wasn't too bad, but it didn't look alive. I gave it a full flesh repaint, lightened the hair, and weathered the leather jacket. It's not a huge contrast to the production paint, yet it makes a huge difference in how it 'feels' in the room with you.

MottledFlesh2.jpg

Before and After:
BeforeandAfter.jpg

RightProfileBust2.jpg

Lapel Weathering:
FrontBust2.jpg

Back Weathering. All the light tan leather scuffs were added after browing the leather a bit in worn areas:
LeatherWeathering.jpg

CloseUp.jpg

A lighter, more natural, less blocky looking eyebrow and some subtle eyelashes really made the glass eye come to life:
CloseUp2.jpg

Well done SS! The only issue I've ever seen with the piece was that it looks a bit shiny and that made it appear less life-like. You definitely breathed some life into this classic.

Last edited:
That was definitely worth the work you put into it, big difference! Nicely done as always!

Huge improvement, your paintjob actually makes it look like a completely different (and better) sculpt. The way your paint highlights all the wrinkles in the sculpt is amazing!

The production paint wasn't too bad, but it didn't look alive. I gave it a full flesh repaint, lightened the hair, and weathered the leather jacket. It's not a huge contrast to the production paint, yet it makes a huge difference in how it 'feels' in the room with you.

MottledFlesh2.jpg

Before and After:
BeforeandAfter.jpg

RightProfileBust2.jpg

Lapel Weathering:
FrontBust2.jpg

Back Weathering. All the light tan leather scuffs were added after browing the leather a bit in worn areas:
LeatherWeathering.jpg

CloseUp.jpg

A lighter, more natural, less blocky looking eyebrow and some subtle eyelashes really made the glass eye come to life:
CloseUp2.jpg
Amazing!_____________________________________________

All I have to say is...Thank you for making this the centerpiece of my collection. You made something that was already good into something GREAT!!!!!

Back