SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do people find these things? That's awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I found it on another forum and pm'ed it over to SS. in hindsight I probably should have just posted it here in case others were interested too.

For anyone that is a member over at theclubhouse1.net here is an old but awesome tutorial on actually sculpting out the alien ribbing/tubes.

https://theclubhouse1.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24833

If your not a member of the site and don't want to wait/register here is the pic of the process. This was posted by ToxicPapa aka Ralph from Ralph's wax

alienribbing1ks.jpg

Last edited:
It's proven (so far) impossible to find good shots of the underside or inside of the Big Chap's tongue, and every replica I've seen has different details, so I went with what I like best about each of them.

The mouth area is done. I still have to clean the shaft and rip off the hoses to be replaced with home made ones using the tools in the link above (when I get them).

TongueOpenMod07.jpg

TongueOpenMod09.jpg

TongueOpenMod10.jpg

TongueOpenMod08.jpg

Springs look good there, what's the problem?

They do look good in those pics, but when I primed over the whole thing, they really look pretty week. Uneven spacing. And the peaks of the springs look too sharp for me. That's what's going to be great about using the new tools. I will be able to flatten the tops of the ridges.

That Face blown off Gus makes me queasy, eye positioning looks straight off the screen

Back