SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Planview is brillant..the best paint up ever.. I've been waiting for someone to the older version of DDL from "TWBB" and you nailed it. Magnus is very lucky. Did you sculpt those Oakley or are those Rainman's and just painted by you? Awesome work on both!:hi5:

I don't want to own a Gus figure; but I thought the Blown to hell version would be a "blast" to paint :rock I considered buying one just for the fun of it, but $70 is a lot just to try painting something :lol

$70 for these castings?!

Blown up Gus would make a great zombie bash.

no kidding.. higher than Trevor, Rainman, or iminime. To justify the lack of quality, they should be at least 40 percent cheaper than all of those. but, if anyone can bring the best out of those sculpts, its you nathan!

How about threaded rod? I didn't realize you were going to be pulling it apart a bit. Do they make it that small for model airplanes and such?
I've also added the springs and built up the lower jaw a bit.

TongueOpenMod06.jpg

I did think of threaded rod, but the high points of the thread are too sharp. What I'll be doing with this spring is rubbing putty onto them, and then driving the putty into the grooves and empty space inside by wiping it with a stiff bristle brush. That should leave me with a nice, solid corrugated tube look.

:rotfl

Most likely. I'll look into it today and chime in on that thread so I can stop derailing Nathan's

Nathan brought it up, hardly a derailment, we are excited and want to see who all was coming out. Every comment is a bump for this thread so I will get it back on track and state the obvious, amazing paint ups Nathan, keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing that blown to hell Gustavo!

True, every comment is a bump for the thread. And as long as it even remotely relates to what I'm doing or care about, bring it on. I love it.:yess:

Here's a little off-topic I was geek-pondering. I watched Prometheus again the other night on HBO, and as much as I hate that being related to 1979 ALIEN in any way, I thought of a way to both include and disclude the Engineer as a Space Jockey.

In ALIEN, the derelict ship and Space Jockey were clearly organic, and I refuse to believe that we were looking at a space suit. In Prometheus, everything is only slightly organic and clearly much more mechanical. So here's my thought. I can accept both in the same universe if the '79 Space Jockey is in fact a different race than the Engineer, and if the Engineer uses the a space suit and counterfeit ship as a disguise to infiltrate/attack the Jockeys. Maybe they have been at war in the past, and the biological weapons (black goo and Xenomorphs) are how they try to destroy each other.

That I can live with. It doesn't allow Prometheus to wipe its butt with everything ALIEN, and it allows them to co-exist without trying to figure out how they are the same things.

Geek-thoughts?

True, every comment is a bump for the thread. And as long as it even remotely relates to what I'm doing or care about, bring it on. I love it.:yess:

Here's a little off-topic I was geek-pondering. I watched Prometheus again the other night on HBO, and as much as I hate that being related to 1979 ALIEN in any way, I thought of a way to both include and disclude the Engineer as a Space Jockey.

In ALIEN, the derelict ship and Space Jockey were clearly organic, and I refuse to believe that we were looking at a space suit. In Prometheus, everything is only slightly organic and clearly much more mechanical. So here's my thought. I can accept both in the same universe if the '79 Space Jockey is in fact a different race than the Engineer, and if the Engineer uses the a space suit and counterfeit ship as a disguise to infiltrate/attack the Jockeys. Maybe they have been at war in the past, and the biological weapons (black goo and Xenomorphs) are how they try to destroy each other.

That I can live with. It doesn't allow Prometheus to wipe its butt with everything ALIEN, and it allows them to co-exist without trying to figure out how they are the same things.

Geek-thoughts?

Then you have to take a small logic leap... which is why would such an advanced race like the engineers need to mimic or counterfeit another race to deliver weapons? Good try though! LOL. I didnt like prometheus much. It felt like half a movie.

I can accept both in the same universe if the '79 Space Jockey is in fact a different race than the Engineer, and if the Engineer uses the a space suit and counterfeit ship as a disguise to infiltrate/attack the Jockeys. Maybe they have been at war in the past, and the biological weapons (black goo and Xenomorphs) are how they try to destroy each other.

Why would the Engineers use the same design and suit designs in such quantities? One ship would have enough to destroy multiple planets with life on it.

Geek-thoughts?

My head hurts! :rotfl

I didn't say it was perfect theory. Good points from you guys though. We don't know how advanced and numerous the Jockey race would be. Clearly they are both intergalactic races. They could be all over the place using planets like we have countries.

Back