SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and I did the eyes like El Diablo
HPIM7001.jpg

that's my favourite predator eye-paint in this thread. niiiiice )))

Haha! Perfect!

Here you go.

I used Photoshop to color correct my camera's pictures with the actual pieces right at my computer, so these are as close to actual color as possible. First the body tone:
BodyTone.jpg

And the ass tone:
ButtTone.jpg

Full Figure:
FullBody.jpg

Predator2.jpg

UpperBody.jpg

Predator2X2.jpg

Predator2Profiles.jpg

Mouth.jpg

Comparison Shots:
MouthClosedComparison.jpg

HeadPaintComparison.jpg

whoa the factory one looks incredibly inferior lol,
i love the airbrushing and dang those eyes look crisp and realistic.

i wish you would do some mass painting for some of my projects :D: D :D haha i can wish

If things get slow, and I need more stuff to work on, you'll be among the first to know it, Daniel. Still looking forward to putting some new mojo on those last heads you sent me.

this.
repaint.
is.
INSANELY PERFECT.
i already hate the netting - it covers all those colors :)
SilentSurfer. i don't know words to describe how i'm pleased. as i said, you fulfilled my long dream, and did it incredibly.

my P1 will look like crap next to this guy. well, i always liked P2 more.

by the way, would you mind to post pictures of it next to P1 - to show the height? that was the start of all this project.

and... a little asking...

040535d16e84.jpg

please. could you? i know that it is not like movie was, but... for you it is just a brush touch, and for me it will be an attempt to ruin your miracle repaint.

what i did was photoshopping the socked darker, and i also completely deleted the eyes's white, turning fox-eye into crazy ball-eye.

hell, i want it in my hands. going into paypal and email now to discuss the shipping.

Hey, P., I'm glad I could totally come through for you. This was as much a work of love for me as well. I've always wanted to see the P2 repainted, and you afforded me the opportunity. I'm glad you also didn't think 'good enough' was and pushed me to make it even better. You were really annoying, and I hated you for a brief period:lol, but the end result makes both of us very happy.:1-1: I'm glad it fulfills the long-time dream.

The white you see in the eye which you removed with Photoshop is just reflected light. They are dark. As for the surrounding eye sockets, it does look darker in person (see other photos), so I'll let you change that if you feel the need when you get it back. Just use watered down black paint. If you get the paint where you don't want it, use a clean, wet brush and erase it right away. Then slap some gloss in there. It's easy.

Unfortunately, I can't take side-by-side pics of him with P1, and I wish I had now that you mention it. He's already packed up and ready to come home.

BTW, you didn't include the netting when you sent the rest of the parts to me, so I had to use my own for the photos. That being the case, I didn't permanently attach the head since I was going to have to undress him to get my netting off anyway. Also, I felt he would travel home safer full disassembled and in the original Hot Toys packaging that I am now glad you sent.

I'll hit you up later by email with the shipping info. Thanks again, and I'm glad you love it. I'm very proud of it, and wish I could keep it. Still, I know it will be loved in Russia so far away.

I'm glad you also didn't think 'good enough' was and pushed me to make it even better. You were really annoying, and I hated you for a brief period, but the end result makes both of us very happy.
oh yes, that was a crazy period, and i was in panic of staying without a head repaint, so happy that it ended so perfectly :) :)

He's already packed up and ready to come home.
oh, and i emailed you about another package, but it's ok. i already sent the shipping money :)

by the way... is a P1 head with 2 sets of mouth inside, too? i hoped you show it as well :)

and yes, i absolutely love the result. fully understand now what you ment by "original head looks silly on this body". you did one magnificient job. i hope your paint stays on the figure forever, anyway i usually put them on shelves and don't touch often.

thank you again a lot.

Thanks Yautja. Yeah, the older Preds definitely need repaints, but the look of the new ones is very impressive. I'm anxious to see the new ones in mass production.

by the way... is a P1 head with 2 sets of mouth inside, too? i hoped you show it as well :)

There was only one set of mouth parts for the P1 head, and they were the closed version. I never saw the open ones. They weren't with the rest of the parts.

I didn't post pics cause it's pretty much like the P2 mouth, but a little lighter.

There was only one set of mouth parts for the P1 head, and they were the closed version. I never saw the open ones. They weren't with the rest of the parts.
...please, please check all the box and its parts again! closed mouth was attached to head, and opened was separate, could be lost between the plastic parts of the box, together with the netting by the way. you see, i made holes in that part to put predator legs and hands in them - and mandibles could fall inside.
or please borrow me an opened pair if you don't find it, and i'll find a replacement on ebay for you.
or keep the P1 head in your Lab until i find and ship a replacement. getting P1 head is not nearly as urgent for me as P2 is.
you see, now it's still in your hands, and everything can be found. once it goes abroad, nothing can be changed, i'll never see the opened mouth with your repaint since that moment.
by the way, taking this into consideration, could you please pack all other mandibles better than i did so stupidly? into some kind of little box - from matches, for example.

Last edited:

Sweet dancing Jehovah, that looks like an actual suit! The light hits it so perfectly it's like real skin!

Badass repaint, Surf. You're one of my favorite customizers. The thing that stands out about your Preds is that while the details are great, the paint apps don't look washed or like they were obviously customized. They look very crisp and professional, like something you'd expect right out of the box. Nailed it, man. Absolutely nailed it. So jealous of P.!

the paint apps don't look washed or like they were obviously customized
oh yes. when i saw this...

HeadPaintComparison.jpg

...i finally realised how valuable SilentSurfer's proposal of head repaint was.

Back