SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job man! Not a star wars fan but I'm sure yours will rock.

Well, when you see the prototypes on the website, you'll be looking at my paint work. I'm sure the factor work won't be as fine, but I'll still be buying these two figures when they come out. I already have two characters they'll go great with, and I know one other figure has already been fortold that is a direct companion piece for these.

I was looking for images of Big Red from "Batman: Deadend" when I came across this old thread from before I was a Freaks member, having only posted stuff on OSW, but somebody had seen my first AVP Elder bash into ultimate Scar Predator and copied the pics over.
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39092&page=3

Here is the original onesixthwarriors thread with full tutorial and work in progress pics.
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...date-custom-scar-thats-not-custom-custom.html

But here are some of the highlights until I take pictures with a better set up.

HPIM2688.jpg

FinishedPose.jpg

FinishedBust.jpg

FinishedEyes.jpg

HPIM2803.jpg

HPIM2804.jpg

HPIM2800.jpg

HPIM2802.jpg

A couple new Billy Sole heads for a couple Freaks.

Nicky wanted his clean and undamaged, and The Darkness Predator wanted his to be saying, "There's something in those trees."

BillySole1.jpg

BillySole2.jpg

ThreeQuarterShots.jpg

Profile.jpg

SidebySide01.jpg

Nathan, that camo paint job on the P1's armor looks awesome.:clap
Looking forward to seeing that other custom you are doing for me, no rush though.:lol

Thanks. I'm plugging away. I have more Predators in the queue than I thought. Quite a few coming up, including P.'s P1 body repaint as a P2.

Next Pred up though is a new version of Na'vi Sapien. Stay tuned for that.

In the mean time, I just finished this yesterday:

We all know just how badly Medicom dropped the ball on their actual production edition of Yound Indy.

From this:
2795991401_28a6e360a2_o.jpg

To this: WTF?!
river5.jpg

Well, here's another commission to improve the final piece for an Indy fan, yodasan. I agreed to this repaint in trade for the Cross of Coronado Young Indy came with. It was pretty much the only 1/6 artifact from Sideshow, Medicom, and Gentle Giant that I didn't have for my Sideshow Indy. Thanks very much to yodasan for the trade. I hope your wait for this was worth it.

Dirt, zits, and blood. Enjoy!

Poster1.jpg

LeftLevel1.jpg

LeftUpAngle2.jpg

Hair.jpg

RightLevel2.jpg

Poster2.jpg

original Medicom Young Indy thread: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2576405#post2576405

Wow I never saw the actual product of that figure. I always thought the prototypes looked pretty good. Good thing I had little interest in getting that or I'd been sorely disappointed. You did a good job, Nathan!

Also, please check your inbox I shot you a PM a couple days ago.

SS, I got a Friday The 13th question for you. Is the clothing that Jason wears in The Final Chapter a different color than in part 3? I've been trying to research this for a bit to work on a custom, but I can not just figure it out. It looks to be they are different. It looks like in part 4, he has a very dark blue shirt and the pants at times look brown than grey. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You came to the right place with that question, my friend. His clothes are dirtier and sometimes wetter in part 4, but they are (story-wise) supposed to be the same exact clothes he has on in part 3 that he stole off the laundry line at the beginning of the movie. Green shirt and light gray pants just like Sideshow made them. The Sideshow part 4 stitching is bad though. Don't know what happened with that.

Technically, he should have the same set of clothes on from the beginning of part 3 all the way through part 8. After that, they just stopped carring about custume continuity.

Here's some pics of the repaint SS did on my Wonder Woman 1/4:

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

Sorry about the delay Nathan. My computer was down for about a month. I had to buy some new parts and get it back in operation.

Back