Signature banners are in danger of being deleted!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
danfaz said:
And I say get rid of 'em :monkey1

Some people put useful info or links in their sigs (like me), which can't be seen if "view sigs" is disabled. All these blinky, ginormous sigs are annoying, to say the least.

I agree, and that's a great point.

I just took mine out understanding what the 56K users are going through loading up these pages...

Yes, they can be disabled - but as was pointed out - sometimes there might be something interesting there (although that's most frequently NOT the case).

I can't disable them because I have to see what people are posting. And I hate scrolling through a thread with ginormas sigs.

I think they should be one banner the size of a civil war one.I will remove the "finger of doom one right away"dekadentdave you really are mature arnt you :rotfl I say get rid of those ugly beheaded gifs.

buffy-collector said:
I think they should be one banner the size of a civil war one.I will remove the "finger of doom one right away"dekadentdave you really are mature arnt you :rotfl I say get rid of those ugly beheaded gifs.

And you have the gall to become a member of the Krusade and then bash its members. I should behead you beyotch!
behead3.gif

When did I bash its members?Im bashing gifs?There may be people with dial up so im thinking of those,I mean there is no point in having them gifs a simple banner should be ok.The banner looks ok but im thinking of others.

dekadentdave, seems like I am picking on you today, but I am not.............just trying to help out the Krusade........

Quit trying to make a stand like the one you are taking......

The site has rules for everyone and they are not meant to hurt the Krusade just for that sake.......

The rules were made long before you or I were members of the board, and they were made for a reason.......

It is actions like this that gives the entire Kurgan Krusade a freakin bad name.......

You might watch challenging the Darklord like that, cause he can turn off all your sigs........

His name ain't the Darklord for nothin..........

Mithrandier said:
dekadentdave, seems like I am picking on you today, but I am not.............just trying to help out the Krusade........

Quit trying to make a stand like the one you are taking......

The site has rules for everyone and they are not meant to hurt the Krusade just for that sake.......

The rules were made long before you or I were members of the board, and they were made for a reason.......

It is actions like this that gives the entire Kurgan Krusade a freakin bad name.......

You might watch challenging the Darklord like that, cause he can turn off all your sigs........

His name ain't the Darklord for nothin..........

Hey Mith, why don't you PM me.

dekadentdave said:
And you have the gall to become a member of the Krusade and then bash its members. I should behead you beyotch!
behead3.gif
Technically Dave you are bashing a Krusader as well. I am on dial up and a member of the Krusade.:D But in all seriousness I could care less about the gifs. I am used to waiting for pages to load up anyway so it doesn't bother me. Also, is my sig OK?

The large sigs being an issue for dial up is a valid point. I travel fairly often but I don't always get a hotel with a wireless connection. In that case, if I check the site in the evening, I always turn off sigs in my options before reading the forum. In most cases when they don't have wireless, I'm stuck with a 28K connection because of the hotels antiquated phone systems. I usually make a point of looking for a place with a wireless connection but it doesn't always happen.

dekadentdave said:
behead3.gif

and you should be beheaded for using s full screen gif instead of a widescreen gif.

The Kurgan would look down apon you!!!

Funny pic with caption Boba Fett.

I figure I might as weigh in on this one as well, most likely a buncha others will. :lol Anyways, being on dial up, I'm like Bannister, I wait so long for everything else that waiting for these pages to load isn't that bad. But I think the real point here is that Dave is being nice asking us to police ourselves. He very easily could have just said that he's getting rid of them and locked any thread made to complain about it.

Plus, on a more Kurgan note...do ya'll really need all those sig banners beggin' for a figure, and threatenin' beheadin's? Can't (kan't?) ya'll just get together and divide your favorite ones amongst yourselves? Subtlty (sp?) will get you alot further (farther?) than annoying people.

Agent0028 said:
Plus, on a more Kurgan note...do ya'll really need all those sig banners beggin' for a figure, and threatenin' beheadin's? Can't (kan't?) ya'll just get together and divide your favorite ones amongst yourselves? Subtlty (sp?) will get you alot further (farther?) than annoying people.
I think annoying people is the point now. I don't mean that as a slight against the Krusaders, I know they're just having fun with it, but I'm sure they've figured out by now that no Medieval Kurgan figure is coming. It's more about being in the club, and goofing around.

EVILFACE said:
and you should be beheaded for using s full screen gif instead of a widescreen gif.

The Kurgan would look down apon you!!!

Well Evil, seeing as how that came from a widescreen DVD 720x480, when you reduce it down to the unfortunate 150 pixel legal limit that Dave has imposed for sigs you end up with a cropped 4:3 gif.

Oh and to TheObsoleteMan, ye of little faith, read the banner. If NECA can make one as an 8 in action figure, there is no excuse for Sideshow to not make a 13" Midieval Kurgan. It WILL happen, one way or another.

valid point dave... and the kurgays, dude we know you want a kurgay figure!! sideshow knows it... the gnaysayers know it... how many sigs do you need?

dekadentdave said:
If NECA can make one as an 8 in action figure, there is no excuse for Sideshow to not make a 13" Midieval Kurgan.
Sure there is, it ain't Star Wars. The Highlander line is, unfortunately, deader than the Kurgan himself.

Back