Sidius/Palpatine 2-pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure about this one. I really want a sideshow fig of the Emperor, but not really a normal Palpatine fig. We'll see.

I'm sure this will be in a single box. Neither figure will have much in the way of accessories - maybe 4 lightsabers total? So the figs will be packed facing each other like they currently pack the accessories. Will make a pretty cool 'in box' display as well.

And another home run from Oluf - some of the best SW sculpts we've seen. Congrats!

082307palpsid.jpg

You know, I think I can see a bit of a smirk in the corner of Palpatine's mouth...

Last edited:
I'm sure this will be in a single box. Neither figure will have much in the way of accessories - maybe 4 lightsabers total? So the figs will be packed facing each other like they currently pack the accessories. Will make a pretty cool 'in box' display as well.

And another home run from Oluf - some of the best SW sculpts we've seen. Congrats!

So would that be a no on the lightning then Dave?

You know, I think I do see a bit of a smirk in the corner of Palpatine's mouth....

That's the beauty of Palpatine, for about 90% of the time, his emotion is very restrained, he's a very calculating character, most of what goes on with him happens within his mind, working each piece, and then he subtly works in the smirks and things to show his arrogant side.

Interesting to have such a major character in a major line offered on a THURSDAY. I wonder if that means there's something else going up on that Friday as well?

That's the beauty of Palpatine, for about 90% of the time, his emotion is very restrained, he's a very calculating character, most of what goes on with him happens within his mind, working each piece, and then he subtly works in the smirks and things to show his arrogant side.

And that's what the sculpt captures perfectly. You can see that restrained malice in those eyes and the almost condescending expression.

And that's what the sculpt captures perfectly. You can see that restrained malice in those eyes and the almost condescending expression.

God, I can't wait to ge these and repaint them! Not that I don't think Sideshow's factories will do an admirable job, but I really want to paint these myself. I hope there is some kind of expansion with Palpy. I just can't get enough.

And that's why Oluf, Trev, Andy and Tim rule at sculpting, their pieces don't just reflect the person, but have subtle things done to them that make them come alive.

God, I can't wait to ge these and repaint them! Not that I don't think Sideshow's factories will do an admirable job, but I really want to paint these myself. I hope there is some kind of expansion with Palpy. I just can't get enough.

I know where you're coming from Mikey, it's like me doing my Maul repaint, it's not saying something's wrong with what Sideshow did, but it's a personal challenge to see what you can do with a treasured character, finding out what your value of the character does to your work, I'm sure it'll pay off very well for you.

I can't beleive I missed the release of this yesterday!:monkey4 I sculpted both portraits...the Palpatine and the Sidius. Truly the funnest sculpts in a long time! I'm enjoying everyone's comments. I can hardly wait for these to show up at my door!!!!!!

When I get a little pause in the studio, I will send some images over to Brant to post in the Production Blog.:D

Cheers!
Oluf:emperor:emperor:emperor

Oluf you are still the man. Oh and tell SS to make Ygor!

Yeah, something BIG must be up that Friday to push Palps to Thursday :confused: Perhaps he WILL have an expansion pack and figure they better see how well Palps sells before they set the edition size of the expansion pack?

As long as the new PPO system works as smoothly as it appeared to have with the Medi Maul, I think all of us PPO Vets will not have a problem as long as we are there at the start.

Olaf! How totally awesome is that? This is the man who sculpted my Faramir! The one who made my 1:6 dreams come true!

This is a phenomenal piece of art my friend. Just amazing. This is going to be one incredible figure. Thank you!

Yeah, something BIG must be up that Friday to push Palps to Thursday :confused: Perhaps he WILL have an expansion pack and figure they better see how well Palps sells before they set the edition size of the expansion pack?

As long as the new PPO system works as smoothly as it appeared to have with the Medi Maul, I think all of us PPO Vets will not have a problem as long as we are there at the start.

Hmmm. An expansion pack to go with Palps... Thats interesting. It would be more interesting if Yoda was on his way. :rock

Hmmm. An expansion pack to go with Palps... Thats interesting. It would be more interesting if Yoda was on his way. :rock

Well in yesterday's Q/A they said Yoda wouldn't be able to use the Hobbit body, so I doubt it. That seems to have been a announcement big enough for Comic-Con (although this 2 pack would have been AWESOME compaired to the anti-climatic Luke and Padme compaired to last year's Jabba!).

I suppose his chair or a similar environment type thing could be a expansion pack for him.

Back