Sidius/Palpatine 2-pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Hasbro gets a bad rap for the dickie unfairly. Remember that you removed the undershirt from the Bespin Luke to get a better fit? The dickie does the same thing. At $20 a pop there wasn't a lot of room of giving people extra material that probably hurt the look anyway.

Well with Luke, the shirt hurt the overall look. I agree that for a $20 figure Hasbro went the way it did to keep cost down, but the outter robe definitely necessitated some sort of under shirt to hide the body. I just commend Sideshow for giving full undershirts instead of dickies or that weird tube top with sleeves thing they did for Anakin and Obi-Wan from AOTC.

Yeah, that was directed at Sean. :) That's the reaction I have when I see his stuff as I said. Though, I would like to avoid breaking my camera. :lol

Just makes me realize I got a lot 2 learn.

I agree we must keep going because it is our duty.

That must be directed at Sean...cause my reaction when his pics go up is "Game Over" and I want to break my camera! :)

But doilies and the outdoors must soldier on.... :)

You guys :thwak :lol

Everyone that participates heavily on these boards comes to make a mark for themselves and a place in this community. Josh, everyone awaits the doily shots whenever a figure comes out, JB, everyone awaits the 1/6 adventures into the great outdoors and wonder which paint backdrop you'll use next.

I certainly hope I don't make you guys feel like your efforts lose value or anything, that's certainly never my intent, everyone's contributions are equal around here, and when someone who regularly does something ceases, it's missed.

Keep up the doily shots and the outdoor scenes, they're an expected and welcome part of the fun we have around here and we certainly need rays of light to break through the darkness in this forum section every once in a while. It's a blessing to these forums to have as passionate and contributing members as yourselves.

You've never made me feel like my efforts have lost value. I just wanted to give you some grief for being so damn good. :

Seeing everyones attempts are quite cool for me for many reasons. I can find a pose I like better, tips on how to do things, etc. Just good things all around.

I definately get jealous of some of y'all's abilities with the camera or posing or displays and stuff, but i'm appreciative of it too. I just don't bother with the pics though because my abilities aren't up to par so I contribute to the forums by being a wise arse, devil's advocate and all around annoying guy. :eek:

I definately get jealous of some of y'all's abilities with the camera or posing or displays and stuff, but i'm appreciative of it too. I just don't bother with the pics though because my abilities aren't up to par so I contribute to the forums by being a wise arse, devil's advocate and all around annoying guy. :eek:

You're very good at it too. :lol

I'm just screwing with ya Prog. :duff

I can't believe, most likely, sometime next week I'll finally have this set in hand, I can't wait. Granted, I like and look forward to ANH Han and Luke, but like Jabba last year, this will put me in a lull for super desired figures. I'm sure something Old Ben/Palpatine special for me will come along this year, but it is a bit deflating when you get your absolute desired figures. I'd say Han's my most anticipated once I get these, ANH Han is my favorite look.

I can't believe, most likely, sometime next week I'll finally have this set in hand, I can't wait. Granted, I like and look forward to ANH Han and Luke, but like Jabba last year, this will put me in a lull for super desired figures. I'm sure something Old Ben/Palpatine special for me will come along this year, but it is a bit deflating when you get your absolute desired figures. I'd say Han's my most anticipated once I get these, ANH Han is my favorite look.

I think SS has BIG plans up their sleeves for 08.

I think SS has BIG plans up their sleeves for 08.

Oh for sure, Old Ben and this 2-pack were out of the blue last year, never saw either coming and the excitement was high at the announcement of both. Plenty of 2008 left to premier new stuff. Palpatine 1:1 and DOTF dio are exciting but I'm only speaking in regards to 1:6 here.

I have a feeling we'll get a trooper or two in 08 but my breath isn't held for Vader.

Troopers and Vader would be great, but I am not holding my breath. I rather sideshow get a newer body before doing any other types of figures.

Without a doubt, when they do give us those characters they will be on a new body. I guess I should amend my statement to say I have a good feeling 08 will be the year we get troopers (with new HT/SSC hybrid body) in some form or another or maybe even Vader.

They better not give any big hitters like Vader or Troopers until AFTER my wedding and honeymoon when I can spend money again!

I agree. I have a good feeling 08 will be the year we get troopers in some form or another or maybe even Vader.

That's what we all said last year :rolleyes:

The 30th anny and everyone thought we'd get Vader.

If you keep saying it, one year you will be right.

Cancelled Sid and Palps.

Combination of being out of town next week (probably miss delivery) and not being overly thrilled with the exclusive and general finances led me to cancel.

I want the figures eventually but will test the secondary market.

Good news for those of you getting him, usually when I pass on something (such as the Hasbro Plo Koon) it ends up being the most sought after and valuable of the line. :rolleyes:

Back