Sidious Mechno-Chair IMAGE thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious to see where this finds it's place in peoples collections. For the time being I think I'm gonna stick clones around it. At least until Ventress gets here. I really want to have a Sith shelf but need a couple more.

For me, he'll spend some time out with me snapped by the camera, then he'll get tucked away with the rest of my 1/6 collection, until some day when I have enough room for shelved display areas, but for now I must do what I can with what I have, and by the time you throw out the JAWS statue, Maul bust and Maul PF, surface area is pretty lost already. I can't wait to shoot this thing though, got some plans for the lightup feature and what not, my usual tricks :)

I just got mine and it won't stay up unless I have the tips of the back feet right in line with the swivel joints. The second I move the legs back just a bit it craters. All the joints are loose. I can't even get it close to how War-Gor has his. I may have to send it back.:mad:

Anyone else having this problem?

That is bad news. I was afraid of that possibility. My joints are fortunately fairly tight. I didn't play with them much, just got them into a pose and left it alone. I know they will loosen in time.

Have you tried twisting the rear feet outwards to spread the weight?

Anyway, keep trying to find an optimum position. Try folding the front arms too into a Z type position, that may help.

Nope. Nothing helps. It's just loose and once the back legs move slightly past an almost vertical position the whole thing falls.:monkey2

About the only thing I could do is glue the back legs into position which I'm not too thrilled about doing.

I guess it's back to SS with this one. Bummer. I was really looking forward to getting it too.

Nope. Nothing helps. It's just loose and once the back legs move slightly past an almost vertical position the whole thing falls.:monkey2

About the only thing I could do is glue the back legs into position which I'm not too thrilled about doing.

I guess it's back to SS with this one. Bummer. I was really looking forward to getting it too.

How does your light up function work? Any chance you can take a picture before you ship it back?

I just got mine, and I think the switch is faulty... it's difficult to get the light to stay on without jiggling it a bit, and it barely protrudes above the surrounding surface. Anyone else having problems with that?

I'm not yet sure I want to bother exchanging it necause I was going to probably gut the internal electronics in favor of an AC-powered light anyway....

Last edited:
Can somebody post a picture of the box the holo Sideous came in? I'm very interested in seeing the presentation. I won't be getting mine until sometime next week.

I just got mine, and I think the switch is faulty... it's diffivult to get the light to stay on without jiggling it a bit, and it barely protrudes above the surrounding surface. Anyone else having problems with that?

Yikes, problems abound.

No, my light works fine. The bulb sticks up like a little light bulb, not recessed at all.

The switch is what is recessed, not the bulb. I can easily turn it on with a paperclip or pin, but not with my fingers.

Oh, well still, the switch on mine is up enough to run my finger across it to turn it on. Yours sounds like the mechanism dropped too low for the switch and is effecting the light.

This is not a good sign for future light-up functions.

It's interesting to see that the majority of the screen grabs on the back are from ROTS. It's a cool piece. We were first introduced to Emperor Palpatine and Darth Sidious as holograms, so this was a pretty neat move for SSC.

Got mine in today. His legs did seem a bit weak at first... but with some work I was able to get him balanced and now he's good.

This is an odd entry into my collection, while I'm not in love with the mechno chair, its still pretty darn cool. They Sidious is very nicely sculpted and the light-up feature is very bright and works nicely.

sidiousa.jpg

sidiousb.jpg

sidiousc.jpg

sidiousd.jpg

Where he resides for now... at least until a cooler Sith comes along.
sidiouse.jpg

Back