SideShow's New Years Day Announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carbo-fation said:
I think it would be a bad move on Sideshow's part to make 12" figs for this line. Let medicom do the 12"; their RAH bodies are perfect for spiderman and co. Instead, sideshow should concentrate on Comiquettes or PFs. They would do a much better job with those.

I agree with you 110%. The RAH bodies are great for Spidey and his wicked poses although I think that if SSC got in the game with these produced high quality costuming with swappable heads, good likenesses and kept the prices relatively low like around $50 they could really make a killing. While a lot of people love the Medi Spideys their pricing keeps a lot of collectors at bay. While it wouldn't be as posable as the RAH version, an SSC version would allow me to buy multiples (Red Spidey with Standard Peter head/Black Symbiote Spidey with Emo hair Peter) and continue on with a line where the MediComs at least for me are too pricey to do that with.

That being said I don't think Spider-Man 1/6th are coming from SSC...

Jedi_Mike said:
That being said I don't think Spider-Man 1/6th are coming from SSC...

I have to agree. I'd guess this is going to be pure PF, busts, dioramas, maybe even a Collector's Plate.

They can't reasonably produce a high end 1/6 Spidey themselves without an improved body.

Same goes for Venom, with the added need for a super-strong looking body.

It's kind of cool I guess. I like the movies, but I pretty much only collect Star Wars now so it will be a pass for me as well.

Unfortunately, Hasbro has the license for Marvel figures, by virtue of their buyout of Toybiz. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but someone had to do it...PS

wax murderer said:
Unfortunately, Hasbro has the license for Marvel figures, by virtue of their buyout of Toybiz. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but someone had to do it...PS

People seem to forget that Hasbro also owns the license to Star Wars 12" Action Figures that is being leased to SSC.....No reason why they couldn't come to the same agreement specifically for the Marvel Film figure.

Back