Sideshow's LOTR 1:6 scale collection images...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still don't get why this line is more or less canceled. okay bad sales. I guess I find it hard to believe that a 1/6 lord of the rings line isn't profitable when so many other things are. Lord of the Rings is awesome and one of the few lines where I'd buy just about anything!

If these become rare sought after figures in a few years, people will be kicking their own ass for not picking these up. Maybe not now, but someday they'll be appreciated. I can't see how anyone can deny all the great accessories, clothing and head sculpts that came with these sets. I bet Boromir, Sam and Gandalf will be the ones that will be worth the most.

Last edited:
I wish I still had my Aragorn & Legolas figures to take new pics of. All these photos are making me REALLY jealous lol *snif*

I love the pics here... especially the snow ones, Boromir against the stone background, and the Gandalf and Hobbits. So much character in those pics :rock

desk4.jpg

desk6-1.jpg

desk6.jpg

Yeah, those LOTR 12” figures are fabulous. I have the exclusive versions of Aragorn, Legolas, Boromir, Faramir, and Gandalf the Grey. I got all of them from Sideshow when they first came out, but didn’t take them out of the box until two weeks ago. I collect the polystone stuff and the PFs, and decided to get these to complete my collection, but it wasn’t after I received the Snake Eyes 12” figure that I decided to take them out. I was astounded by the quality and craftsmanship of them. My fave is Gandalf, followed by Aragorn. His likeness is off, but everything else is fabulous. On the pics on the Sideshow site, his duster looks like it’s black, which turned me off. It even looked black behind the plastic of the box, but once I took him out of the box, I realized it was the olive color from the films.

It’s a shame this line has been put on hold. The quality of these figures is so awesome. I don’t want to start some flame war, and will admit that the only Star Wars figure I have is Leia as Boussh (and I won her from Sideshow), but the LOTR figures blow the SW figures out of the water in terms of costuming and accessories. Case in point: the Order of the Jedi line for SW. All the Jedi wear the Jedi robes and use light sabers. It’s easy just to use different fabric swatches and make different colored light sabers compared to creating the individual costuming and accessories for the LOTR line.

It’s a shame that the LOTR 12” line is on hold while SW gets multiple versions of Storm Troopers and little known characters like Commander Prajii.

You need to get the Hobbits if you think the others are fantastic. They're are the stars of the line IMO.

It’s a shame that the LOTR 12” line is on hold while SW gets multiple versions of Storm Troopers and little known characters like Commander Prajii.

This needs to be in everyone's signature that loves the LOTR 1/6 line

Yeah, I had pre-ordered both of the exclusives of the Frodo and Sam when they were offerred, but ended up cancelling. I'll try to track them down.

Man, we didn't even get any villains. No Ringwraiths, no Saruman, no Orcs, or Uruk-Hai.

Heck, in a perfect world, for every Commander Prajii the SW line gets, we'd get a Hama figure.

Back