Sideshow's Horrifying "Universal Monsters PURGE"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick~ It's over dude. One of the members at the UMA is a retailer of Sideshow products (goes by the handle "Mord"). He asked his sales representative what the status was for their Universal Monsters license. He got this reply:

Yesterday, a Sideshow rep confirmed that Sideshow's relationship with the Universal Monsters is indeed over~ with no plans to renew in the near or distant future. Their remaining stock was either "destroyed or donated to charity".:thud:

Put a fork in it~our beloved Monsters and their relationship with Sideshow is no more.:peace

~SIDESHOW UNIVERSAL MONSTERS 1998-2011~
12 YEARS OF THE UNIVERSAL MONSTERS BEING TREATED WITH A LEVEL OF RESPECT THAT'S GOING TO BE AWFULLY HARD FOR ANYONE ELSE TO ATTEMPT TO BEAT.

I gotta say though~ I feared this was coming.

My god, these are the end of times. I hope charity equals Lonnie, Monster, and Anton!

What's funny is they just made that clearly-monster themed mad scientist dio. It so much seemed like a hint of things to come.

Also, is everyone keeping their orders for Nosferatu? Maybe some day they'll make something else that can go with it?

What's funny is they just made that clearly-monster themed mad scientist dio. It so much seemed like a hint of things to come.

Also, is everyone keeping their orders for Nosferatu? Maybe some day they'll make something else that can go with it?

I haven't decided. I havent cancelled my order as yet. If money is still tight when it is released I may drop it and they can keep the NRD. I mean, I have the pf, the 12 inch figure, and a model kit. I dont wanna get too much Nossy stuff in my collection.

Now that I know there wont be any Universal Monsters following him~well...it would be pretty easy to drop. The exclusive is set at an edition size of 200 and still isnt sold out.:slap

I have a feeling the charities they were donated too were their employees.:peace

I wish Sideshow could hook me up with their Ardeth Bey Color Bust or their Son Of Frankenstein Silver Screen Edition 12 Inch Figure that I have SOOOOO longed for all of these years. I have always been a good boy and have never asked them for anything. In fact for the Wishlist Giveaway every year, I have always asked them to do something nice for someone else. I just hope and pray that those items were not destroyed. :( :monkey2

Nick

Sideshow if you are listening as 1:1 Creature Bust (weren't there a bunch around) would be a welcomed addition to my family. Just sayin' :D

Think of it like this: when a longtime quality marriage goes down the toilet because one of the parties destroys it by cheating with a skank~ the last thing you wanna bring up is the cheater. Universal is having their fling with DST and the cheaper items they offer, but they have tossed 12 years of quality in the commode. I think it might have something to do with DST's product being on pegs in Toys R Us too. Remember, Sideshow's product was only available from their website or online dealers. If thats even what happened. If its just a matter of SSC dropping Universal because they werent bringing the cash in~then boo.. I just want the whole story~ as I think we all do. I also think we deserve it since most of us have invested thousands into Sideshow. But they will probably just leave us all in the dark.

I wish Sideshow could hook me up with their Ardeth Bey Color Bust or their Son Of Frankenstein Silver Screen Edition 12 Inch Figure that I have SOOOOO longed for all of these years. I have always been a good boy and have never asked them for anything. In fact for the Wishlist Giveaway every year, I have always asked them to do something nice for someone else. I just hope and pray that those items were not destroyed. :( :monkey2

Nick

I can't imagine they destroyed them. Maybe they will end up in a Diane Kamahele Memorial Auction or as a prize in a future contest.

I was really hoping Marvel would be the "skank" in this analogy.

:slap:lol:lol:hi5:

All I want is a Daredevil PF~not the sitting in a graveyard comiquette...a PF. Then I dont care how much more Marvel tripe they pump out. Ms. Marvel gets a freaking pf before DD? Seriously? But I am getting off topic.
DST has their crap in Toy stores and comic shops. Maybe Sideshow's exclusivity didnt appeal to Universal anymore? One never knows. Probably never will unless someone breaks their silence and clues us in. Taking all the items off their website reminded me of a woman cutting her cheating husband out of all their photos.:lol

If I was gonna use one of Sideshow's active licences as "the skank"...it would be Star Wars.:wink1::rolleyes2:monkey3

Where did you hear that Dusty is no longer working for SS? When did this happen?

Yeah, Sideshow seems to be a very healthy company... bummer about the UM license, but its not like they've done much with it for the last year.

Back