Sideshow's Dinosauria Styracosaurus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8th wonder

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just saw the pictures and that is one great looking majestic dinosaur. I really think i might get that one.

Can some dino expert tell me a bit more about this species perhaps?

Just saw the pictures and that is one great looking majestic dinosaur. I really think i might get that one.

Can some dino expert tell me a bit more about this species perhaps?

where's scar? he should be able to tell us more of the styracosaurus. btw, great looking piece. order placed. :D

just wait for Alan Gran... erm .. I mean Scar to come online I think he'll be able to tell you some more about it. :rock

It has a massive head !. Were they really like that ?. I'm suprised they could hold the weight of it if so.

EDIT :

where's scar? he should be able to tell us more of the styracosaurus.

beat me to it. :lol:lol

Yeah seriously, where's our man at?...Cmon Scar, we need your infinate wisdom :D

Last edited:
i actually thought Scar would have started this thread. :lol

i don't know much how this Dino, but he is close enough to the Triceratops for an order. I have a feeling that even if I don't know all these dinosaurs, I am going to order them all. They are such gorgeous museum pieces.

Ordered. Hope they keep the ES's low, and keep the line interesting. A stego would be great to have next.

Ordered mine as well. I think we can expect another small edition size and I think the popularity of this line is rising. When I ordered about a half hour ago the low quantity meter was up and about 3/4 full.

It's neck looks strange from some angles, like its too long. I'm sure its accurate, but I don't think of dinosaurs as having long necks like that, with the obvious exceptions of course. I really like the way it looks displayed from the back, I may put mine that way.

I ordered as well!!

Looks great!!
I am really digging this line - Ive got all of them on order now :)
Im just imagining what they will all look like paired up with each other with some really cool lighting and maybe some added custom foliage around the bases.

Its gonna look freakin AWESOME!

my wallet hates me

Go get her! Use the link!

Code:
<a class="affiliatestyle" href="https://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker.aspx?aid=11&href=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sideshowtoy.com%2f%3fpage_id%3d4489%26sku%3d2000101" target="_blank">Styracosaurus on sale now!  Use this link!</a>

I ordered as well!!

Looks great!!
I am really digging this line - Ive got all of them on order now :)
Im just imagining what they will all look like paired up with each other with some really cool lighting and maybe some added custom foliage around the bases.

Its gonna look freakin AWESOME!

my wallet hates me

My wallet's hated me for years. I tell it to piss off.

Ordered - turned out better than I expected :banana

Especially like this angle:

styracosaurus.jpg

God, it looks SO beautiful sculptwise, but I really hate the long-necked pose. It just looks odd.

just wait for Alan Gran... erm .. I mean Scar to come online I think he'll be able to tell you some more about it. :rock

It has a massive head !. Were they really like that ?. I'm suprised they could hold the weight of it if so.

EDIT :

beat me to it. :lol:lol

...the skulls of Ceratopsians are quite deceiving. But, they do their "job", making the animal look larger then life, and spectacular. In all actuality, the "frill" of the Styracosaurus is mainly open space. There are two large voids within the frill. This is one of the reasons paleontologists have come to the educated assumption that the frill was used for display rather then protection. If a large theropod got a lock on it with it's powerful jaws, it would have probably snapped.
As for the neck...well as much as it might not look "right".....science shows otherwise. Personally I love the stretched out pose...as if he just caught a scent in the air...."what is that?, friend...or foe".
AWESOME piece!
A great addition on the site is the "Back Story". Easy to miss, so I have reposted it below:

"After losing his last rut, he has been relegated to protect the periphery of the herd. Still a useful position, but also dangerous. The more skillful bucks in the center of the herd always get the first pick of the females. For now he will do the best he can, and prove his worth. His horns and head are thick with keratin, still a sign of virility. During the rut he can flush blood to his frill and horns to create a magnificent display. Perhaps this year he was too eager to show off his colors and forgot to work on the skills that turn battling male styracosaurs into clattering warriors as they lock horns. Instead of mating with his favorite female, he now patrols far from the herd to issue low warnings that only his species can perceive.

Now the eggs are hatching, and rather than sit back and sulk, he will prove his worth in this most crucial of times. Already he has mortally wounded a young tyrannosaur and intercepted a big varanid lizard. But he fears today is different. The chirping of the hatchlings has brought the clever Troondonts to gather in a pack in the sea of cattails before him. Their keen intelligence is daunting to a simple creature such as himself, and its good to have a keen sense of smell in times like these.

He lifts his head high, shaking his massive rack of horns and lurches forward at the oncoming rush of raptors. One group attempts to confuse him while the other slips by! With one massive sweep of his head, he sends two of the raptors high in the air. They land of the group passing by his flank, shattering delicate limbs. A quick stomping on their tangled torsos makes quick work of them. Without missing a beat he turn towards the others and lurches forward in a mock attack. They disappear into the swamp like a blur, leaving nothing but feathers behind. He surveys the scene, fills his lungs with air and give a low rumble. The females hear. Their children are once again safe."

It doesn't get any better!

T-Mex

Last edited:
This line just gets better and better. My favourite so far. I love the stance they have chosen. Very proud and majestic looking.

I hope this line has a long life. So many possibilities.

Ordered it. So far I've ordered all the EXs in the line. I hope all of them are as great as the proto pics.

Back