Sideshow's 12-inch Boba Fett: TESB or ROTJ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sideshow 12-inch Boba Fett: TESB or ROTJ

• The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 42 64.6%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 23 35.4%

• Total voters
rainman said:
What's the difference?

I'm very surpised that so many people here have asked that.

Empire
boba4.jpg

Jedi
boba-fett.jpg

The gauntlet paint and Jedi version has a kewler all pouch belt.

The rocket pack for Jedi is much more colorful too, with a yellow and red color scheme, whereas the Empire one was pretty much in line with the rest of the costume, green and grey. I think the Jedi one would stand out on the shelf a little more, though.

EVILFACE said:
I'm very surpised that so many people here have asked that.

Empire
boba4.jpg

Jedi
boba-fett.jpg

The gauntlet paint and Jedi version has a kewler all pouch belt.

I would never have known that from the movie. I can't really tell the difference in the pictures either.

Here's a pic of board member zeiss's two Boba Fetts courtesy of customizer Scarlet. ESB on the left and ROTJ on the right. Among other differences, such as color and equipment, the blaster rifles are different...

IMG_1309.jpg

These were done by Scarlet on the Rebelscum boards. Not only did he improve the paint job but he also fitted the jumpsuit and armor on a Medicom body. The poseability is much better now and it looks much more like a guy in a suit rather than a doll. Also, because the Medicom body is smaller, the helmet is more accurately proportioned to the body (it is too small on the Marmit body). Scarlet made one for me and it may be the nicest figure in my collection which includes some really nice Medicom figures. Anyway, if you really want the nicest Boba then I suggest contacting him. He is very friendly and I am sure he will be willing to help.

Was the shape of the helmet different in each movie? I've seen photos from Empire (like the one posted by EVILFACE) where it looks wider than the one in ROTJ. It almost looks like it flares out on the bottom. Or is it just the angle?

Though I'd buy both I'd like the ROTJ version first as I'm not sure it's been done in 12" scale and I like his blaster rifle better than the ESB version. Though I'm confident that Sideshow will do a great job I think they will really have to go some to top the Marmit Fett especially if the figure will cost around $50.

can we not have an AOTC Bobba, the coolest ASBO kid around!
Id love to see that much more than all these jedi or empire debates!

Considering that there are very few differences between ESB and ROTJ Fett, I'm pretty sure SST will release only one.
I voted ESB.

To me it seems that more care was put into the ROTJ version as the character was going to be more featured in that movie after his ESB cult popularity. At least that is the impression I got.

The ESB version seems more rugged and more fit for a guy that's gone through hell in battle but as a display piece (especially a Premium Format) the ROTJ seems like a better bang for your buck.

I also prefer the ROTJ riffle over the ESB sawed-off one.

Maybe the inclusive edition will feature the other film's outfit differences? So it would be a two-in-one Fett. Or maybe make it an expansion pack? I'd buy both Fetts, but I think it would just be easier for Sideshow to make one since some people can't tell the difference.

Given a choice of either, I went with ESB since Boba was more involved with the story and strengthened the threat of Jabba on Solo. Plus there was a lot of characterization within his few scenes- he's not above maiming his prey, and money is his prime love in life. Plus he's not at all intimidated by Vader!

A lot of characterization?

Empire: "as you wish" "He's no good to me dead" "Hey, they are on cloud city"

Jedi: "eeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" burp

Kit Fisto almost had more characterization :rotfl

EVILFACE said:
A lot of characterization?

Empire: "as you wish" "He's no good to me dead" "Hey, they are on cloud city"

Jedi: "eeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" burp

Kit Fisto almost had more characterization :rotfl

Come on, Evilface, stop beating around the bush, just say it: You hate Boba Fett.

You hate his helmet, you hate his uniform, you hate his jetpack, you hate his spiked booties, you hate the man and the clone.

I definitely want both Boba Fetts. Why you ask? Because I will want to pose them with the characters from each respective movie: ESB Boba with Bespin figures and ROTJ Boba with Jabba's Palace / Sail Barge figures.

All this talk about Boba Fett. Has someone heard something about a possible
release of Fett in 1/6th or PF?

Back