1/6 Sideshow Wonder Woman Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, does your Superman also have a weird dent to the right of the buckle? Mine does, and it looks sort of like yours does also.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

It does yes! only noticed it after you mentioned it. Can't say it bothers me much but not sure why its there.

Thanks for the pics sj2106 :hi5:

The close up one makes me wonder if there's some beauty to be found with a proper repaint and removing the hair for some rooted hair. Put some make up around the eyes, thin the eyebrows, reposition the eyes to look slightly up and repaint the lips.

Honestly the face is the least of my worries. I wish someone with a good camera and photography skills had the figure to show its really pretty good. As with Superman I just wish they'd given her some expression. Hard to have a convincing action pose when she looks bored. At $250 these figures should come with at least one alternate head sculpt.

The weak ankles bug me the most. Any kind of adjustment to her and the ankles just give way. A body this heavy needs really strong ankle joints. It would helpful if Sideshow could do one of those pose showcase videos or someone with experience of the phicen body did a review. I feel a bit lost having only used ratcheted bodies before. The body has a ton of movement but something simple like just turning her thigh out 30 degrees or so I have no clue.

Very light set for $250. I get that the TBLeague body adds to overall cost but the simplicity of the outfit should offset for some of that production expense. I really just cannot support this new WW and Superman. At least Sideshow's new Batman had an extra Bruce Wayne head sculpt. They included an extra headsculpt for Batman, a character who would sell easily without that extra accessory (and at $20-30 less than WW/Supes), but Superman and WW get nothing? Makes no damn sense.

First time seeing this figure, people are paying money for this?

Sadly, yes. One final small criticism is that these portraits have zero expression... totally lifeless. Sideshow's old 1/6 figures ie; Zartan, Punisher, Jack Burton etc all had life, expression, a smirk or frown or anything. WW looks dead. Dead eyes. It's just bad and at $250 plus shipping it's inexcusable. I wish Sideshow would put that WW bust head on the 1/6 WW. The new WW bust portrait is gorgeous. I just... can't :gah: Get it together Sideshow design team and remember men are visual and we're not suckers at these prices. We're rooting for you and know you can do way better. CW 1/6 please be stunning. G'Night all!

The weak ankles bug me the most. Any kind of adjustment to her and the ankles just give way. A body this heavy needs really strong ankle joints. It would helpful if Sideshow could do one of those pose showcase videos or someone with experience of the phicen body did a review. I feel a bit lost having only used ratcheted bodies before. The body has a ton of movement but something simple like just turning her thigh out 30 degrees or so I have no clue.

I’ve used masking tape on the ball joint of the ankle to thicken it — that helps; you might have to heat the boot a bit with a hair dryer to be able to get the peg back in the slot.

I'm a little surprised at the comments. They are certainly valid (eg. not as pretty a sculpt as PFF, etc...), but this is how the figure looked from the first reveal prototype, the ones at various cons, the pics on the website to order the figure, etc.. I guess these pics are the first pics that some have EVER seen of this figure?

The only comment I would truly disagree with though, is the one about speaking with our wallets. From what I've seen (and this goes for Hot Toys as well), when people aren't buying the figures, they kill the line. It doesn't force a company to make improvements. They simply move on to something else.

I think the recent improvements to Sideshow 1/6 isn't due to people speaking with their wallets, just simply advances in production, and getting better factories to complete the end product.

I will be getting one hopefully next week,
And I am going to repaint/touch up the head sculpt.

I think it?s a solid WW mass produced figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a little surprised at the comments. They are certainly valid (eg. not as pretty a sculpt as PFF, etc...), but this is how the figure looked from the first reveal prototype, the ones at various cons, the pics on the website to order the figure, etc.. I guess these pics are the first pics that some have EVER seen of this figure?

The only comment I would truly disagree with though, is the one about speaking with our wallets. From what I've seen (and this goes for Hot Toys as well), when people aren't buying the figures, they kill the line. It doesn't force a company to make improvements. They simply move on to something else.

I think the recent improvements to Sideshow 1/6 isn't due to people speaking with their wallets, just simply advances in production, and getting better factories to complete the end product.
This happens every time a Sideshow figure is released; everybody floods in to express shock at how a figured turned put to be... exactly what was advertised.

I understand if people dont like the face (personally i love the hardass expression), but much of the criticism doesn't hit home for me. $250 is basically the new entry level price point for 1/6 figures, so why would I be shocked that this figure is $250? A TBLeague body alone is almost $100.

Yeah, the lack of accessories bites and I think the line would be greatly improved by a second headsculpt being made standard... but these figures are essentially EVERYTHING people have been paying extravagant amounts of money for on the custom market, with the only real difference being that the the likenesses in the Sideshow line aren't based on specific interpretations the way the custom market usually is.

The line definitely has room for improvement, but I am THRILLED to finally be able to buy solid, iconic DC figures. Wonder Woman hasn't arrived yet, but I just put Superman up with Batman and Flash and what can I say? I would have paid hundreds more for basically the same display on the custom market. The costumes and heads are as good as anything you'll get custom. You couldn't say that about Sideshow's figures five years ago.

The fa e was always pretty long, though I think that's a product of the HUGE hair. I think the hair looks great from the back, but a little over the top from the front.

This happens every time a Sideshow figure is released; everybody floods in to express shock at how a figured turned put to be... exactly what was advertised.

I understand if people dont like the face (personally i love the hardass expression), but much of the criticism doesn't hit home for me. $250 is basically the new entry level price point for 1/6 figures, so why would I be shocked that this figure is $250? A TBLeague body alone is almost $100.

Yeah, the lack of accessories bites and I think the line would be greatly improved by a second headsculpt being made standard... but these figures are essentially EVERYTHING people have been paying extravagant amounts of money for on the custom market, with the only real difference being that the the likenesses in the Sideshow line aren't based on specific interpretations the way the custom market usually is.

The line definitely has room for improvement, but I am THRILLED to finally be able to buy solid, iconic DC figures. Wonder Woman hasn't arrived yet, but I just put Superman up with Batman and Flash and what can I say? I would have paid hundreds more for basically the same display on the custom market. The costumes and heads are as good as anything you'll get custom. You couldn't say that about Sideshow's figures five years ago.

Uh, yes you could say that about Sideshow five years ago. Look at the entire G.I. Joe 2014 1/6 Sideshow line. Fantastic, Destro was the only one that took a while to get respect. And I never thought poorly of the new Sideshow 1/6 Superman but WW is not attractive (though I don't think there's anything wrong with the hair--length is great). It's her bush brows, Rumer Willis chin, dead eyes and no feminine soft features. It's almost like some SJWs sculpted her to take away beauty. The new Poison Ivy Tweeterhead 1/6 is beautiful. WW 1/6 is a flawed design imo but to each their own. Superman 1/6 looks great and I'm on the fence about Batman 1/6. Superman gets a thumbs up though definitely. Maybe I'll see her in person at my LCS and think different but it's doubtful. Sometimes figures photograph terribly...

Last edited:
Shrug. Looks pretty bitchin' to me.
def8828e9889b1fa697274beb179fb33.jpg
bb8f3da456a49ee7dd0cab43f68a3109.jpg
8fbefc5f223298e08568aae8d0e3f5e8.jpg

I will be getting one hopefully next week,
And I am going to repaint/touch up the head sculpt.

I think it's a solid WW mass produced figure
Looking forward to seeing your repaint!

I agree with everything you've mentioned here even though I've been mentioning what I don't like about the figure.

I will say, I've been proven wrong on a lot of these DC figures b/c pics and videos haven't done them justice at all.

I got the EX Joker early this summer and was blown away in hand even with the regular sculpt b/c in pics and reviews it looked awful. Sure, I had to do some work on him to bring him up to snuff like conceal the bulging vest snaps, add some elastic to the bottom of the shirt to keep it taut so the collar wouldn't ride up and cover the neck, file the holes in the arms so the wrist joints wouldn't be so tight and snap off like what happened to some collectors. After all that, finally steam ironing the jacket and pants went a long way to making the final product look amazing.

I recently picked up the newest Batman from Buttmunch where I thought I'd just use a couple parts for a custom but again, shocked at how good it looks in hand. The only thing I need to do to him is change out to a better body. I still have accessories from previous SS Bat figures that he can use so he's not limited to just 2 batarangs.

So, with that said, I'm sure Wonder Woman does look great in hand. It's just a hard pill to swallow at first considering the price. And when you have other things in the pipeline that feel like a better value, it's easier to push this one aside and wait for a discount, especially considering all of the other DC figures have had good discounts at SS with $20-25 off + free shipping at some point or another.

The face was always pretty long, though I think that's a product of the HUGE hair. I think the hair looks great from the back, but a little over the top from the front.
I do feel the huge hair is also getting in the way of the sculpt looking better which is why I think removing the hair and doing some rooted hair could help this figure shine. You won't have a chunk of plastic floating and you'll see more of her face. Plus with rooted hair, you can sort of shape the face better depending on how you style it.

Shrug. Looks pretty bitchin' to me.
def8828e9889b1fa697274beb179fb33.jpg
bb8f3da456a49ee7dd0cab43f68a3109.jpg
8fbefc5f223298e08568aae8d0e3f5e8.jpg

Amazing pics and great, powerful pose :clap:

Last edited:
I collect tons of Wonder Woman stuff but I'm just not feeling this one especially for that price plus the rubber body won't last with multiple posing. Will you be able to replace the body at any time? Will the costume and accessories come off easily?

I collect tons of Wonder Woman stuff but I'm just not feeling this one especially for that price plus the rubber body won't last with multiple posing. Will you be able to replace the body at any time? Will the costume and accessories come off easily?

If I'm not mistaken, TBLeague doesn't use rubber, they use high-grade (and I believe surgical grade) silicon for their bodies with a shelf life of 30years, so they will last quite awhile. I don't see TBLeague going anywhere anytime soon, so I'm sure if something happens to the body after the replacement window closes at whatever retailer you purchase from, you'll be able to buy a brand new body one from many online stores as well as eBay.

I guess you can't please everyone because the one thing I do like on her is the super long sculpted hair. That's nice and feminine. As for her... *shudders*...face, well I'll just shut my mouth as I've stated my opinion on the matter numerous times already. Goodnight everyone and happy collecting :)

If you like this figure please do not take offense. There are figures I completely love and others trash. The price doesn't help, but this figure from the start just seemed off. One thing that was mentioned in this thread was that it looks like the proto and I wholeheartedly agree on that aspect. It did not look good to me from the get go. Once I actually saw the figure it did not look better. There are weird proportions. It really isn't all that attractive. I wanted to see what others saw so I would like it, but sadly I must be missing something.

Back