Sideshow, when you make Destro...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got all of that from my comments on my personal view on how I see it? Me thinks you need a better springboard. In fact if you look at the posts in recent times it seems like the "Statue" folks are more vocal about how could we like those with joints. Its personal choice like redheads, brunettes and blondes and then you have me who loves them all but don't have a problem with exposure. Nothing more, nothing less. I would find a better example of "vendetta".

Of course I didn't get all that from your comment.

Sorry, I guess I should of attached everyone else's comments so it didn't look like I was single you out. LOL I just had your comment because I wanted to say You can't Pose PFs. I should of finished the paragraph there and continued. It wasn't an attack on anyone specific it was just a general comment on personal choice. I don't even own any PFs I dislike the lack of Freedom they give you.

I don't want anything on my Joes that hinders any full range movement. HT muscle bodies look awesome, but you can't keep changing up the pose often because the metal joints will break. Destro would work on the Big Pro, just have a rubber muscle chest piece.

Big Pro, just have a rubber muscle chest piece.

Yeah, that would work. Its got to be something. Destro with an open shirt looking like Indy would drive me crazy. They gotta come up with something. Something that looks good but does not hold back the articulation.

heh, I am trying to make leather armbands for my Machiko to cover the joints. Joints = ugly

If I minded Exposed Joints I'd be buying PFs only.

Then you shouldn't bother buying figures.

i also prefer exposed joints to rubber unarticulated bodies....

Quoted for truth

Yeah, that would work. Its got to be something. Destro with an open shirt looking like Indy would drive me crazy. They gotta come up with something. Something that looks good but does not hold back the articulation.

but how much you want to bet they wont?

and you know what? I'd be fine with that. a rubber muscled chest for destro would be nice, sure, but it would also serve to rive the price up.

I don't want anything on my Joes that hinders any full range movement. HT muscle bodies look awesome, but you can't keep changing up the pose often because the metal joints will break. Destro would work on the Big Pro, just have a rubber muscle chest piece.

I'd prefer a plastic sculpt. We'll use your Goku as an example of why. ;)

As I said in the other thread:
Not singling out anyone in particular, but every time I see a comment regarding HotToys' muscle body, I really wonder how many of these posters actually own one vs. just posting because they "look cool." They really aren't a good option for anything in this line. True they are visually appealing, but no more so than a PF and honestly, the "coolness" ends there. Over time, the rubber will rot (ED-209) if not in the absolute perfect storage conditions, they're literal dust magnets and a pain to clean, throw poseability out the window, etc. Sideshow would just be better off, sculpting some muscle parts (chest, arms, legs) for their modular Pro. Hell, some of us HT collectors might even seek out a plastic body to replace the rubber muscle bodies if the look is there.

I would want the classic look but everyone needs to admit right here right now that skin tight leather or vinyl material is going to look RIDICULOUS on a figure, especially the thin pro.

not sure I know that one, got a pic?

regardless, I see the "classic" look of the card art and comic to mean tight outfit that shows muscles. 1)the pro is just too thin. 2) unless you use superhero spandex, most materials don't show definintion in this scale because the fabric too thick.

So I don't think we should expect to see rippling muscles underneath the outfit and if the outfit is made tight its going to look like a string bean.

Better to make the jacket fit like a motorcycle jacket, but make sure they keep the open V neck and high collar.

okay....then if not, how would you consider it to be the classic look? I don't understand.

I wouldn't mind this version:

destro2.jpg

It'd allow Sideshow to sidestep the body issues and prevent any catwoman/gay bondage comparisons. :lol Hell, his despoiler would be a pretty kickass Ex. :D

despoiler_box.jpg

the open neck probably could work with or without, but the high collar is a must, IMO.

material looks good, but a looser fit is required for male figures other wise they look too slim and thus girly.

Back