Statue Sideshow Venom lifesize Bust (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My advice:

Before you buy it, make sure you can display it. Get the dimensions first. All of my statues go behind glass. If I can't display it under glass,then I don't buy it....or I get a display case made for it. I have cats. I'm not willing to take the risk. And honestly everything looks better behind a display, IMO.

The weight won't be the probably typically. It's the height or the width or the length. In this case, I'm worried about the length - that tongue I bet is going to be killer.

I have a lot of life sizes busts, but the problem I run into is trying to display them among a 'sea' of 1/4 scale pieces, like Premium Format pieces. If you display them right, they look great. They will dominate the room if you're not careful, unless that's what you're looking for.

I'm not a fan of displaying pieces on pedestals, for fear of it getting knocked over.

Good thoughts, thank you! After reading your post and seeing what others have done on the internet, I think I will have this in a case with a custom base of some sort. I have to wait to get the full dimensions and image of this to see how it may play out but I can imagine this being my only life size bust so make it a focal point in the room (never say never, but I thought I'd never have ONE at all and here I am talking about this being a likely purchase). My collection is a fair size overall, but this would likely pop out due to the dimensions compared to other PFs. The largest pieces I have in the room are 1/4 scale.

Good thoughts, thank you! After reading your post and seeing what others have done on the internet, I think I will have this in a case with a custom base of some sort. I have to wait to get the full dimensions and image of this to see how it may play out but I can imagine this being my only life size bust so make it a focal point in the room (never say never, but I thought I'd never have ONE at all and here I am talking about this being a likely purchase). My collection is a fair size overall, but this would likely pop out due to the dimensions compared to other PFs. The largest pieces I have in the room are 1/4 scale.

Glad to help! :rock Sounds like a good plan to me!

You shoudl be the moderator of this Forum. You fit for it.

I haven't seen many say they thought DP was worth the $1k though. Other companies do much better with their 1:1 busts around the same cost. While I think DP is a nice bust, from the in hand reviews, the finish isn't worth the price imo.

I haven't seen many say they thought DP was worth the $1k though. Other companies do much better with their 1:1 busts around the same cost. While I think DP is a nice bust, from the in hand reviews, the finish isn't worth the price imo.

Well funny thing is I saw some people say they liked him but weeks later I saw those same people put him up for sale on FB.

Guess it's one of those things you spend money on and like it but later can't justify spending that much and just want to resell to get your money (or some) back. 1K$ is a lot for a bust and I feel like you'd really have to love the character/sculpt to spend that type of money.

Well funny thing is I saw some people say they liked him but weeks later I saw those same people put him up for sale on FB.

Guess it's one of those things you spend money on and like it but later can't justify spending that much and just want to resell to get your money (or some) back. 1K$ is a lot for a bust and I feel like you'd really have to love the character/sculpt to spend that type of money.

I imagine it's due to the hobby in general with so much stuff coming out and the market being flooded, but we all know SS pieces underachieve more frequently than others.

My advice:

Before you buy it, make sure you can display it. Get the dimensions first. All of my statues go behind glass. If I can't display it under glass,then I don't buy it....or I get a display case made for it. I have cats. I'm not willing to take the risk. And honestly everything looks better behind a display, IMO.

The weight won't be the probably typically. It's the height or the width or the length. In this case, I'm worried about the length - that tongue I bet is going to be killer.

I have a lot of life sizes busts, but the problem I run into is trying to display them among a 'sea' of 1/4 scale pieces, like Premium Format pieces. If you display them right, they look great. They will dominate the room if you're not careful, unless that's what you're looking for.

I'm not a fan of displaying pieces on pedestals, for fear of it getting knocked over.

I have to disagree with you on some points. Massive pieces look great out in the open. Not tucked behind glass. Also unless sideshow makes this hollow no chance a cat will knock this over.

Honestly, that doesn't mean anything. I've seen people get new pieces, love them and rave about them, show pics of them in their display and a few weeks later that person has it up for sale.

One guy on the Facebook groups just purchased basically an entire collection of Marvel 1/4 pieces (all Sideshow and XM) like in the last month. He's now selling most of the pieces on BST groups. Either it's buyers remorse, or they get a piece and are trying to hype it up for when they go to sell it later.

There's definitely some strange psychology behind why some people collect the way they do in this hobby. I'm just a garden variety recovering addict, but the ones who buy a grail to rave about it, get some pics and then flip it a week later, or flat out lie about their collections I find really odd lol

Well, on the topic of whether to put them under any protection, my view on that was secured last night. A squirrel got into our home this weekend and went crazy (he's still in the basement drop ceiling, trying to trap him and keep windows open when home to get him out). Caused $1000 worth of stuff to be damaged. Everything damaged wasn't under protection. I'm really pissed about the Batman Returns SS PF Catwoman. He must of climbed it to get to a shelf above, snapped a finger off. The other parts of my collection (and the door it gnawed the base to hell on) I can get over...even some of the vintage G1 Tfs now cracked or broken because it knocked them off a shelf...but that statue was part of a larger Catwoman component of the collection and was in perfect shape, just something I really liked....quite pissed.

Back