Statue Sideshow Venom lifesize Bust (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have resisted statues so far, waiting for something that really makes me feel like it's a work of art, special, and fits the image of Venom (or close to it) in my mind. Many of them are great, but didn't excite me enough to pull the trigger on the cost. Excited to see what this will look like! Maybe it's "the one" for me?

I'm hoping for April-ish...but I'm sure that's just me being naively optimistic.

You could be right, I think they would want to get some pictures out before the Prime 1 Studio Venom statue is released. It might persuade some people to skip the statue and get the bust. I plan on getting one of them, I have to wait to see what the bust looks like.

I have resisted statues so far, waiting for something that really makes me feel like it's a work of art, special, and fits the image of Venom (or close to it) in my mind. Many of them are great, but didn't excite me enough to pull the trigger on the cost. Excited to see what this will look like! Maybe it's "the one" for me?

Fingers crossed for you, buddy! :rock

I'm really hoping that this one is special as well. That first Venom bust is magnificent in person. I have that this one will be a step above.

Can't wait to see this thing from the front and get the dimensions of it. Never bought a life-size bust before, but man this is gettin my juices flowin

I'm excited to see more. I want to talk about it but there's really no new info right now. But if this is going to by my first life-size bust maybe some of you can comment on that? For owners who have had a life size bust, did you learn anything on how best to display or care for it that someone getting that size for the first time would be better off knowing going into the purchase?

Does it dominate a collection room by virtue of size every time, or does that depend more on room layout?

Clearly a sturdy base is needed. Any advice on those?

Encasing vs not encased? Your personal preference or tips?

My shelves and detolfs are all full. I'm thinking of a Roman pedestal going forward for a few pieces on order. Too risky? I know it could stand the weight, but I'm concerned about tipping. Anyone ever bolt something like that to the floor or heavy base?

I'm excited to see more. I want to talk about it but there's really no new info right now. But if this is going to by my first life-size bust maybe some of you can comment on that? For owners who have had a life size bust, did you learn anything on how best to display or care for it that someone getting that size for the first time would be better off knowing going into the purchase?

Does it dominate a collection room by virtue of size every time, or does that depend more on room layout?

Clearly a sturdy base is needed. Any advice on those?

Encasing vs not encased? Your personal preference or tips?

My shelves and detolfs are all full. I'm thinking of a Roman pedestal going forward for a few pieces on order. Too risky? I know it could stand the weight, but I'm concerned about tipping. Anyone ever bolt something like that to the floor or heavy base?

My advice:

Before you buy it, make sure you can display it. Get the dimensions first. All of my statues go behind glass. If I can't display it under glass,then I don't buy it....or I get a display case made for it. I have cats. I'm not willing to take the risk. And honestly everything looks better behind a display, IMO.

The weight won't be the probably typically. It's the height or the width or the length. In this case, I'm worried about the length - that tongue I bet is going to be killer.

I have a lot of life sizes busts, but the problem I run into is trying to display them among a 'sea' of 1/4 scale pieces, like Premium Format pieces. If you display them right, they look great. They will dominate the room if you're not careful, unless that's what you're looking for.

I'm not a fan of displaying pieces on pedestals, for fear of it getting knocked over.

Back