Statue Sideshow: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw some new Statues for preorder on BBTS and it was said by 'CD Projekt Red'

Here is one of them, apparently sold out on that site

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/108224

No way SS can compete w Prime 1 quality, but less expensive I assume.

Yep check out their verison of ciri: https://eu.store.cdprojektred.com/product-eng-169-Ciri-and-the-Kitsune-Figure.html

I'm interested to see in hand pics of the dark horse series 2 statues, especially yennefer

as for Sideshow... We'll I don't even want to go there, it's just such a shame that so many underdogs out there are not even given a chance because they don't have the popularity or rep brands like Hot Toys, Sideshow and others have, it's why over the years the market has been boiled down to only a few brands for certain scales and collectibles, I guess we'll see if Sideshow will really make 1/6 figures, I truly hope not.

While I am extremely trepidatious about SS hypothetically doing 1/6 with these licenses...their partnership with phicen, the increasing quality of their Marvel releases (Magneto honestly looks pretty good), and some gems like Snowspeeder Luke, Mythos Obi, and (what I argue is their best release) Ash give me a bit of hope. Honestly if they could just meet the quality of Ash I think I'd be okay cleaning up whatever I had to on the final release of Witcher figs.

I hear that all the time that they have said no to articulated figures, do we have a source? Not questioning you just want to read any statement they made

Man I've heard just the same as you, a sort of through the grapevine situation. I think the original source tracked it back to a conversation at a convention with CDPR but I don't know where or how that came to my ears. It must have some validity because clearly numerous people are aware of it.

Yep check out their verison of ciri: https://eu.store.cdprojektred.com/product-eng-169-Ciri-and-the-Kitsune-Figure.html

I'm interested to see in hand pics of the dark horse series 2 statues, especially yennefer
Okay so I actually can chime in here. No one ever talks about these! I've been with the DH line since day one. Repainted that abysmal original Geralt (actually has a decent sculpt underneath!) and haven't missed a figure in the line. I genuinely think that the paints are the weakness, not the sculpts.

I was really bothered by the price jump on this new wave, especially knowing the questionable finishes we'd been getting across the releases. I got Ciri the other day and I am VERY happy to report that the extra $10 has been put to good use. They're using plastic colored flesh now and the paints, at least on my copy, are really clean all around. In short, this feels like what I expected of the line originally. Is there room for improvement? Yes, I do think so. But a clean paint job on a solid base sculpt goes a long way.

2e3aa7c0b0742cfe4e6e8e984ed3f71d.jpg

It's still my goal to remove all of these from their bases and do diorama stands in the style of the Prime1 statues. I think these have a LOT of potential. If the paints hold up to what we got with Ciri v2 then they are on the right path.

Are you getting the Leshen?

They won't be as good as the Prime1 statues simply because Sideshow can not produce statues at that level of quality.
But that doesn't meant they will be bad. I regret selling the Conan Rage of the Undying PF from a few years ago. That was good. Their last 2 Red Sonja statues were very nice as well.

I'd prefer they do these statues in 1/6 scale with some nice diorama bases.

While I am extremely trepidatious about SS hypothetically doing 1/6 with these licenses...their partnership with phicen, the increasing quality of their Marvel releases (Magneto honestly looks pretty good), and some gems like Snowspeeder Luke, Mythos Obi, and (what I argue is their best release) Ash give me a bit of hope. Honestly if they could just meet the quality of Ash I think I'd be okay cleaning up whatever I had to on the final release of Witcher figs.

Man I've heard just the same as you, a sort of through the grapevine situation. I think the original source tracked it back to a conversation at a convention with CDPR but I don't know where or how that came to my ears. It must have some validity because clearly numerous people are aware of it.

Okay so I actually can chime in here. No one ever talks about these! I've been with the DH line since day one. Repainted that abysmal original Geralt (actually has a decent sculpt underneath!) and haven't missed a figure in the line. I genuinely think that the paints are the weakness, not the sculpts.

I was really bothered by the price jump on this new wave, especially knowing the questionable finishes we'd been getting across the releases. I got Ciri the other day and I am VERY happy to report that the extra $10 has been put to good use. They're using plastic colored flesh now and the paints, at least on my copy, are really clean all around. In short, this feels like what I expected of the line originally. Is there room for improvement? Yes, I do think so. But a clean paint job on a solid base sculpt goes a long way.

It's still my goal to remove all of these from their bases and do diorama stands in the style of the Prime1 statues. I think these have a LOT of potential. If the paints hold up to what we got with Ciri v2 then they are on the right path.

That actually sounds great. I would love to see your dioramas once they are completed.

I'm only interested in yennefer but waiting to see what the paint is like after the awful wave 1. Glad to hear they've upped their game somewhat

I hope they make something cool. I guess the closest thing to a Geralt figure was the MT Toys "The White Wolf" 1/6. It looks good, but I passed because it wasn't the main armor of the third game.

I hope they make something cool. I guess the closest thing to a Geralt figure was the MT Toys "The White Wolf" 1/6. It looks good, but I passed because it wasn't the main armor of the third game.
The new MT Toys sculpt on the old CM Toys Witcher 3 armour figure is awesome if you can be bothered switching the heads around.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The new MT Toys sculpt on the old CM Toys Witcher 3 armour figure is awesome if you can be bothered switching the heads around.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Oh, I saw that one but I didn't like the color of the trousers and the final product was kinda meh in my opinion. If it was done by the guys from Limtoys then I believe it would turn out better! The only thing in my power right now is to wait, as I have to recouver from some financial problems oever here but I believe next month everything is going to be allright!

Just beautiful. Is this inspired by something? I've read the books, but aware there is a polish only short story collection written by others that is non-cannon? Is this inspired from any of those by chance?

Are the Dark Horse figures worth it?
Nope, they're just creatively designed concepts that touch on Eastern mythology much the same way that the books draw from European folklore.

Look at post 24 for some of my thoughts on the most recent wave. I've been with the line since the start and am committed to it now more than before. Just recieved my second one from this wave and am pleasantly surprised.

That actually sounds great. I would love to see your dioramas once they are completed.
So I started down this road over the last few days testing materials for basing and such. I removed the first DH statue from the stock base and let me tell you, it's not easy. I genuinely thought that it's two posts that sink the feet or the feet peg into the base. It's far from that, at least on Ursine Geralt. So unfortunately my idea of being able to swap between the normal and custom bases is not a feasible option. At least on the ones that are like that. I don't think any of the female characters are, though, since their feet are too shallow.

All that to be said, as I plan to build these and sculpt them, is there anyone who is perhaps interested in turning these into a run? I ask only because it would determine how I go about sculpting and building the actual diorama portions of the base. If it's something people would be interested in, I'd consider trying to break it down such that I could do casts. I'd need to buy materials to do that though.

Back