Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inline*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After they offered me an 80$ sideshow credit o asked for a full replacement statue. They asked for more pictures. I sent in about 20 and they came back with this is what our current inventory looks like and if the inventory matches yours then there's no issues.

I said fine I want a full statue replacement or a full refund. At which point they told me they would keep the NDR and because there's no issues with my statue they won't replace it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

After they offered me an 80$ sideshow credit o asked for a full replacement statue. They asked for more pictures. I sent in about 20 and they came back with this is what our current inventory looks like and if the inventory matches yours then there's no issues.

I said fine I want a full statue replacement or a full refund. At which point they told me they would keep the NDR and because there's no issues with my statue they won't replace it.

That’s crazy cause I just spoke to Ashley two days ago and she told me with my thanos or any other figure they would replace or whatever till I’m satisfied,customer wise

That is complete utter **** they telling you. Trading standards need to be involved because they can’t give you a below standard piece and expect you to just accept it considering how much this thing costs. If mine comes in with issues it will be going back!

I don't know how the trading/consumer standards work in the US, but I would imagine that with 'art pieces' it would be harder to prove that you've received a substandard item unless the statue had suffered actual breakage.

The thing to do seems to be to raise it with your credit card company, PayPal etc, as I've been told that you barely have to prove anything and you'll get your funds credited back. But you'll probably have to ship the item back to Sideshow, and have them credit what they will, and complain about the rest.

I've previously requested replacement pieces from Sideshow and on a couple of occasions (probably more) I received the below from Sideshow (probably word for word):-

"Because these pieces are hand-crafted and hand-painted by individual artists, there will be minor variations in the cast, fit, paint application, and detail work between pieces. Your item appears to have such variation, as the pieces we used for comparison all looked similar or identical.

That said, if this piece does not match your expectations, we will be happy to issue a refund for the purchase price of this item as you are still within our 30 Day Product Guarantee. This refund includes the price of the item, minus any applicable shipping costs and non-refundable deposits."

Because of that I've primarily purchase my items for Popcultcha who don't charge NRDs and shipping, rather than Sideshow direct because I don't want to deal with that.

Just curious does anyone know when that Product Guarantee Window starts? From receiving the item in hand and/or does it restart from the last correspondence with Sideshow?

I see ssc has continued on this path of poor QC and their typical ******** or fabricated responses of how their stock is the same as yours so you are **** outta luck getting anything from us...

Hence why I have only bought two things from them in the past couple years and haven't had anything on order for probably over a year....good riddance I say.

So now sideshow won't give me a full replacement and won't allow me to return for full value back. There going to keep the NDR. Un ****ing real.

Jimbob, I am real sorry to hear this, that completely sucks.
I hope that you are able to get some assistance from your credit card company / BBB.

I am amazed with the way ssc treats there customers. They treat them like absolute s#!t, it's not right and people should not accept this.
I have not purchased direct from them in many years and don't think I ever would again, no matter how good the "Ex" is.
I am very happy to purchase "Regs" from my local cbs who offer full refund on return.

Yeah I’ve had one run in with Sideshow and it seems their policy has not improved at all. I was given a Wolf Predator that was second hand. I noticed when I took Wolf out of the box the whip that is around his waist was already attached and the statue was very dusty and did not have that new feeling effect. The bottom of the base was a bit loose also. My head at the time was hurting very hard.

I contacted them and got the response they don’t have any replacements at the moment. Would you like s credit of $50? I went nuts called them told them everything that was wrong with this piece. It took about two weeks to resolve but I managed to send it back for a replacement with a $200 voucher

I don’t trust SS Because as a consumer we need to fight for what we feel is right. Paying over 2k for sloppy seconds was insulting. Someone returned it and they took a chance sending it to me

Yeah I’ve had one run in with Sideshow and it seems their policy has not improved at all. I was given a Wolf Predator that was second hand. I noticed when I took Wolf out of the box the whip that is around his waist was already attached and the statue was very dusty and did not have that new feeling effect. The bottom of the base was a bit loose also. My head at the time was hurting very hard.

I contacted them and got the response they don’t have any replacements at the moment. Would you like s credit of $50? I went nuts called them told them everything that was wrong with this piece. It took about two weeks to resolve but I managed to send it back for a replacement with a $200 voucher

I don’t trust SS Because as a consumer we need to fight for what we feel is right. Paying over 2k for sloppy seconds was insulting. Someone returned it and they took a chance sending it to me

I long for the day when people realize that when you put yourself on a waitlist with ssc for a sold out exclusive that a lot of times you will be receiving someone elses piece that they returned to ssc due to it not being of an acceptable level of quality.

It amazes me that more people are not aware of the way that ssc sends out flawed pieces that other collectors have returned in the hope that the next collector that receives the piece does not notice the flaws and is happy to keep it. As far as I am aware this is the way they have conducted themselves in business for many, many years.

The cherry on top of the sundae is the fact that ssc make their customers "fight for what we feel is right" as Kain so correctly stated above.
Its one thing to send out a used, second hand piece, but to force your customer to fight to get a refund, wow, that's just too much.

I long for the day when people realize that when you put yourself on a waitlist with ssc for a sold out exclusive that a lot of times you will be receiving someone elses piece that they returned to ssc due to it not being of an acceptable level of quality.

It amazes me that more people are not aware of the way that ssc sends out flawed pieces that other collectors have returned in the hope that the next collector that receives the piece does not notice the flaws and is happy to keep it. As far as I am aware this is the way they have conducted themselves in business for many, many years.

The cherry on top of the sundae is the fact that ssc make their customers "fight for what we feel is right" as Kain so correctly stated above.
Its one thing to send out a used, second hand piece, but to force your customer to fight to get a refund, wow, that's just too much.

Wow

Well looks like this is the end for my collection.

I can't afford iron studios, XM, or IA pieces nor the resell cost and living in the use I only have 1 option and that's sideshow.

I refuse to buy another sideshow piece again. Like I said before I've only kept 1 statue in the past 6 years or so and I've returned around 15.

It's not worth it any more. If I could get any other companies products at a good rate I'd buy it but their 1/4 scales and import fees and shipping are insain.

Well looks like this is the end for my collection.

I can't afford iron studios, XM, or IA pieces nor the resell cost and living in the use I only have 1 option and that's sideshow.

I refuse to buy another sideshow piece again. Like I said before I've only kept 1 statue in the past 6 years or so and I've returned around 15.

It's not worth it any more. If I could get any other companies products at a good rate I'd buy it but their 1/4 scales and import fees and shipping are insain.

Perhaps consider buying all of your pieces through your local comic book shop (cbs).
You will miss out on the "Exclusive" pieces, but you can always buy the "Regular" version. (like me).
(most cbs will allow you to return the piece for a full refund if you are not happy with the piece).

One option for you could be BBTS.

As mentioned earlier, I hope your credit card company give you a full refund, and BBB ask ssc to "please explain".
(even better, I hope you find a replacement TOT at your local CBS and end up with a mint piece, even if its a Reg).

My local shops suck. They automatically add 20% to the price even if you show them the price online.

I hope that’s not what’s happening with me. They have me on waitlist

If you are on the waitlist I’m sure they are sourcing an exclusive head as I’m sure they have more than enough regular pieces left. The only difference is the box art I think

I just picked up an exclusive one yesterday for a really good price.

they did this to me with a joker statue. it is horse****. for everyone who thinks SS has great customer service, look at how this collector was treated.

Back