Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's ridiculous that QC at SSC is so bad that we have to worry about get a crappy statue in exchange for a bad QC job

PO'd: SSC Avengers assemble: Thor, Hulk, and Wasp/SSC Spider-Gwen/SSC Silk/SSC Thanos EX/SSC Wolverine/XM-Studios Hulkbuster/XM-Studios Spider-Man/XM-Studios Electro/RCB Future Foundation Spider-Man/RCB Iron Spider-Man/IBD Onslaught/IBD Sentry/IBD Agent Venom/IBD Hyperion/IBD Superior Spider-man/IBD Iron Spider-Man

That's ridiculous that QC at SSC is so bad that we have to worry about get a crappy statue in exchange for a bad QC job

PO'd: SSC Avengers assemble: Thor, Hulk, and Wasp/SSC Spider-Gwen/SSC Silk/SSC Thanos EX/SSC Wolverine/XM-Studios Hulkbuster/XM-Studios Spider-Man/XM-Studios Electro/RCB Future Foundation Spider-Man/RCB Iron Spider-Man/IBD Onslaught/IBD Sentry/IBD Agent Venom/IBD Hyperion/IBD Superior Spider-man/IBD Iron Spider-Man

It definitely concerns me as well. Now I only started collecting last year as I had forgot about SSC when I found the site one night a long time ago. Then last year something came up that lead me to look at the site and the first thing that pulled me in was the Hulk vs Wolverine statue bought it that same night no second thoughts. I got it. For the most part it's flawless but a few minor things like pixel size white dots like the paint didn't take or whatever. Only noticable if your looking for it but when you look at it as a whole no problem. Then I would say probably a month or two later I noticed something odd, there was a very very small chip in the neck where the seems of the headpiece and neck meet. I just used a little bit of super glue and got it back but have not done a touch up cause they can't tell me the colors they used. I'll fix it one day but that was just some slight wear and tear from switching out the heads and that little bit was a weak spot. In this instance I took the offer at the time. Cool got me Dr Doom. Again overall great, then small minor defect with the paint on the base. Didn't notice at first and in this case I can live with it as it doesn't really take away but annoying either way. Ordered Captain Marvel. Again great piece but a very minor like the size of a pin head of a chip on the one hand. How it's displayed right now it's not noticable, then Thanos, again amazing overall but same result. Theme is minor QC issues on each piece i've gotten. My choice to keep them as is as i'm not really buying them to flip them anyway and it's within tollerable. Again great pieces.

How it's displayed right now it's not noticable

I got the new Red Sonja, Wolverine and Magneto lined up and I think based on the QC of those pieces it will make me more cautious and hesitant to continue my habit. I'm absorbing significant additional costs with duties as well so my investment into these pieces is significant. Sideshow while I understand need to make profits I think they need to slow down in production and up the QC out the door.

He has arrived and good lord, he's unreal. I'm not seeing any cosmetic issues as of yet either. Just an amazing piece.

Mine is structurally sound. No sloppy paint job or chips and what not. But I do have the same noise like a coin inside a piggy bank. Theres a foreign body inside the statue especially when you move it around. What the hell is this. Nothing broken tho. I've inspected it several times. Will this affect the value of the statue?

Mine is structurally sound. No sloppy paint job or chips and what not. But I do have the same noise like a coin inside a piggy bank. Theres a foreign body inside the statue especially when you move it around. What the hell is this. Nothing broken tho. I've inspected it several times. Will this affect the value of the statue?

I don't think it will.

I have the same thing, but inside the head lol. Doesn't bother me, I mean whatever.

32/750

Attachments

• 20180207_130606.jpg
    20180207_130606.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 145
  • 20180207_130614.jpg
    20180207_130614.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 141
  • 20180207_130634.jpg
    20180207_130634.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 143
  • 20180207_130650.jpg
    20180207_130650.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 145
  • 20180207_130705.jpg
    20180207_130705.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 143
I hope to God they ship mine Soon. I just ordered it over the weekend so unlikely to happen :(

Edit: actually I just wish it comes with out any issues.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The box is huge

The past couple of days I've been playing Schrodinger's game with my delivered box - until I open it up the statue is simultaneously both whole and broken.

Back